hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 123

Thread: Tiger Woods

  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if Tiger's resurgence was a contributory factor to Rory's outstanding form last night.? You could feel the atmosphere coming across from the course last night, something which has been sadly lacking at recent tournaments on the PGA & European tours. The Tiger factor is very much alive and kicking, he's good for the game regardless of what we may think of the guy as an individual.
    Got to agree. Donít particularly like him as a person but you canít take anything away from him regards the game of golf.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Think Carnoustie could be Tiger's best bet to win a major.

  4. #93
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,475
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    He was going along so well today, then bang!

    I just can't see him winning another major. I'd LOVE to be wrong, as clearly he's a box office player.

  5. #94
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,270
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Would also love it if he was to win it but just can't see it either.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,114
    I'll give an informed opinion on whether he can win or not after tomorrow's round.

    😁

  7. #96
    Testimonial Due poolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in ma jannies office
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a terrible role model spitting and cussing his way round the course.

    Im glad his fall from grace is as fast and rapid as it has been. Long may it continue.

    Have to agree

    Don't get this Sky and BBC love in with him

    Sour faced git and as you say a terrible role model

  8. #97
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,373
    Spieth's the boy!

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll give an informed opinion on whether he can win or not after tomorrow's round.

    😁
    My informed opinion is that Tiger can most definitely win this. 😉

  10. #99
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,373
    Setback for Spieth but he's good at recovering from that. It's so romantic in a way to see Tiger up there again. Fantastic Open!

  11. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My informed opinion is that Tiger can most definitely win this. 😉
    Think you jinxed it for him. He was the Tiger of old, until he got into the lead.

  12. #101
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,475
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I see "The Match" has finally been arranged. A $9 million, winner takes all game between Mickelson and Woods in November...

    Hopefully the winnings are donated to charity. Obscene amount of money for a game of golf.

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My Bit
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see "The Match" has finally been arranged. A $9 million, winner takes all game between Mickelson and Woods in November...

    Hopefully the winnings are donated to charity. Obscene amount of money for a game of golf.
    Will be on Pay Per View as will. If this match had been 10-12 years ago then I might have been interested. Right now I couldn't really care.

    edit. Even before I would have been more interested if it was their own money they were playing for.

  14. #103
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,646
    Is there anything remotely interesting about this game?

    The majors yes, the Ryder cup yes, the weekly PGA tour and European tour events yes (mostly) but this pantomime?

    Not in the least bit interesting to me.

  15. #104
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,646
    He's just played the front 9 of his opening round at the BMW Championship in 29, currently sitting on -6 and has been immense so far.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    48,967
    I had written him off if i'm honest, but he's getting closer and closer to winning something soon, something i never thought i'd see again?

  17. #106
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,646
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had written him off if i'm honest, but he's getting closer and closer to winning something soon, something i never thought i'd see again?
    At times last weekend he was playing as well as he ever has. He didn't quite manage to keep it up over 4 rounds but I've been amazed by how strongly he's come back.

    The Tiger factor is funny. I didn't really understand why he seems to get so much coverage and attention from the galleries, but when I went up to Carnoustie in July the one player I wanted to see in the flesh was the man who had won all those majors.

  18. #107
    I think he's back now!

    Unbelievable scenes.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,039
    Absolute scenes.

  20. #109
    That was some reception for Tiger when his name was announced last night.

    It shows how well he is respected in the game of golf.

    Admins - we've got two Tiger Woods threads, can you merge?

  21. #110
    Tiger's played poor today

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,114
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tiger's played poor today
    Back problems apparently.

  23. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back problems apparently.
    Just off after the way he's been playing.

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,114
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just off after the way he's been playing.
    Could very well be but I think he will be "rested" tomorrow.

  25. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could very well be but I think he will be "rested" tomorrow.
    He's back out tomorrow. Playing with Reed and against Molinari and Fleetwood again.

  26. #115
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,114
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's back out tomorrow. Playing with Reed and against Molinari and Fleetwood again.
    👍

  27. #116
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,160
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Heís having such a poor Ryder Cup.

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,114
    Total waste of space in Ryder Cup matches. He's got a face like a weel skelpt erse.

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,840
    He's not a team player and never has been, shows little interest, offers very little encouragement and retreats into a shell when things not going well.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  30. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not a team player and never has been, shows little interest, offers very little encouragement and retreats into a shell when things not going well.
    Surprised to hear that he's not win a match since 2010 in the Ryder Cup.

  31. #120
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not a team player and never has been, shows little interest, offers very little encouragement and retreats into a shell when things not going well.
    Patrick Reed had a stinker today, but you wonder how he might have bounced back from some shaky early shots if he had someone like Ian Poulter by his side?

    I don't think Tiger helped him at all by quietly seething.

    Bjorn's picks are looking inspired now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved