hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    The mans a complete arse. If he wasn't already finished this will put the tin lid on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Log in to remove the advert

Antti Niemi.

Iain Carter says that he'll win the Masters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vbhrq

Doubt it.

Watching him at the Farmers Insurance Open is painful. Great recovery follows eratic driving. The man has been great for golf but it's so sad watching him struggle off the tee.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 28-01-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iain Carter says that he'll win the Masters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vbhrq

Doubt it.

Watching him at the Farmers Insurance Open is painful. Great recovery follows static driving. The man has been great for golf but it's so sad watching him struggle off the tee.
    You’re hard pleased. Cut made and scored better each round so far on his second tournament start back from serious surgery. Obviously he’s not going to be back at the top of his game straight away. Add into the frame he’s using a brand new driver this week and it’s understandable. I for one am just delighted to see him back playing and competing.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I won't be putting any money on him to win the Masters, but no doubt millions will.

I'm glad he's back playing properly, but he really will need to sort his driving. Only 3 fairways hit from the tee is my standard!

I hope he gets back to the stage where he's genuinely in with a chance every week. He's great for golf. Or he was.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    I honestly think Mcilroy has a chance he's 25 and has 4 majors to his name already. Woods is 39 with 14 to his name. The way Rory has been playing if he can stay injury free no one can get close to him.
    McIlroy is 28 I think?

I think Speith is the better player, and is 4 years younger. However I don't expect either of them to catch Woods or Nicklaus.

Phil Mc has to be worthy of an each way bet, Augusta suits a lefty - that's a complete outsider bet though.

Jordan also comes good on this trek, and now he has an Open in the locker, he will be hungry for more.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    McIlroy is 28 I think?

I think Speith is the better player, and is 4 years younger. However I don't expect either of them to catch Woods or Nicklaus.
    Speithis a better putter but is nowhere near McIlroys long game. If he could putt more consistently no one would touch him. He’s top ten most weeks he rocks up playing 50%
    both him and Dustin Johnston on their day are unbeatable. If either could putt consistently there would be a huge gap at the top of the world rankings.
    Last edited by greenlex; 16-02-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Missed cut - four strokes off the cut mark - at the latest tournament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/43095988

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Speithis a better putter but is nowhere near McIlroys long game. If he could putt more consistently no one would touch him. He’s top ten most weeks he rocks up playing 50%
    both him and Dustin Johnston on their day are unbeatable. If either could putt consistently there would be a huge gap at the top of the world rankings.
    And if Speith could hammer the ball as far as either of they two...?

I've no doubt you'll know more about the game and players than me, by the way.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Mark Roe must be the most annoying golf commentator EVER! I hate the way he continually talks up Tiger, for gaud's sake man give it a rest!!

I see that Tiger is two behind in the Valspar Championship

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/43350138

McIlroy misses the cut, again!!

It would seem Tiger has his **** together.

Left by mutual consent!
    I always reckoned that if TW got his injury issues sorted that he would compete again. He came back from injury a few years ago to top the world rankings and signs are he could maybe do it again.

Golfs going to be a brilliant spectacle if Tiger can mix it with Johnson, McIlroy, Spieth, Thomas, Day, Rahm and even Lefty. Can’t wait for Augusta.

There's going to be something quite special watching Tiger in his red top competing on the final day of a tournament again.

Although with my money on Justin Rose, I could do with him falling just short.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There's going to be something quite special watching Tiger in his red top competing on the final day of a tournament again.

Although with my money on Justin Rose, I could do with him falling just short.
    Well he has fallen short. Unfortunately for you Rose collapsed. Get yer cash on Woods for Bay Hill next week.

Well he has fallen short. Unfortunately for you Rose collapsed. Get yer cash on Woods for Bay Hill next week.
    Woods was impressive over 4 rounds, and didn't fall far short at all.

Not sure I'd be lumping on Woods for next week, but I do think he looks perfectly capable of winning on the PGA Tour again - which I didn't think 6 months ago.

It would be fantastic to see him getting up there at Augusta again, and with his whole game looking strong again, I wouldn't rule it out.

Left by mutual consent!

Not sure I'd be lumping on Woods for next week, but I do think he looks perfectly capable of winning on the PGA Tour again - which I didn't think 6 months ago.

It would be fantastic to see him getting up there at Augusta again, and with his whole game looking strong again, I wouldn't rule it out.
    Had a couple of pound on Paul Casey. Thought he'd blown it yesterday but brilliant tonight.

I'm glad he came a very close second. Had he won, the hype would have gone into over-drive - I'm not sure that's what Tiger needs right now. Tiger needs a few more top 10 finishes before maybe even he is convinced that he is back. That said, he's not far away from it.

The putt he holed on the 17th was unbelievable.

The bookies have joined-in the over reaction and made him second favourite to win the masters

Few humbles pies being chewed on by a few on this thread.

He’s won 8 times at bay hill. It’s a course where you can mire if less smash it anywhere and not find real trouble. I don’t think he will be far away if he continues to have his head in the right place.

A cheeky wee 4 under 68 to start isn’t too shabby. Included a double too.

Left by mutual consent!
    A cheeky wee 4 under 68 to start isn’t too shabby. Included a double too.
    His 70ft putt on the 7th (his 16th) was vintage Woods. Sublime stuff.

Rory has made a cracking start, -4 after 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    His 70ft putt on the 7th (his 16th) was vintage Woods. Sublime stuff.

Rory has made a cracking start, -4 after 9.
    The leader board is like a whiz who if current golf. Cracking field .

He’s won 8 times at bay hill. It’s a course where you can mire if less smash it anywhere and not find real trouble. I don’t think he will be far away if he continues to have his head in the right place.
    You can’t smash it anywhere on 16.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Few humbles pies being chewed on by a few on this thread.
    In what way? A few people have stated they don't like him, and others have said they don't think he'll win the Masters. I remain in the latter group.

Why should that have changed because he's finished quite high in the leaderboard the last couple of weeks?

If he wins the Masters in a few weeks, I'll be dining on several humblie pies and owing apologies to a number of people

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    In what way? A few people have stated they don't like him, and others have said they don't think he'll win the Masters. I remain in the latter group.

Why should that have changed because he's finished quite high in the leaderboard the last couple of weeks?

If he wins the Masters in a few weeks, I'll be dining on several humblie pies and owing apologies to a number of people
    I doubt he will win the Masters next month, the quality around him is exceptional and something he wasn't used to when he dominated the game (bar the likes of Mickelson, Singh). However, he will win again in my opinion and it will be soon. His form since his return shows him getting increasingly more comfortable and confident as each tournament passes, bar one missed cut. He has his short game back which deserted him during his previous comeback attempts. It was his greatest weapon in his pomp, even greater than his length off the tee or iron accuracy.

You can’t smash it anywhere on 16.😂😂😂
    I think the last couple of weeks have been very encouraging for Tiger - unfortunately, I feel he has too many bad shots in his game for him to win as he used to. The drive on 16th was a great example of this. The Tiger of old would have eagled the hole.

It's sad to see someone so unbelievably talented 'struggle' at a level that 99% of golf pros would love to play at.

Interesting to hear McIlroy's words that the difference between playing well and playing poor (and vice versa) is very close for the top pros. For me, it's Grand Canyon close!!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I wonder if Tiger's resurgence was a contributory factor to Rory's outstanding form last night.? You could feel the atmosphere coming across from the course last night, something which has been sadly lacking at recent tournaments on the PGA & European tours. The Tiger factor is very much alive and kicking, he's good for the game regardless of what we may think of the guy as an individual.