hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read that Tiger has now missed the cut at the last 3 majors, is now the World Ranked 278th player, his last top ten finish was in 2013, as was his last win. His decline over the last 18 months has been rapid. Will he ever regain his position as a top player.
    He is now knocking his pan in for nowt. He should just give up and go and enjoy his life.

Incredible that you can be by far the best in the world at something then barely able to get round the course in a pretty short period of time.

I keep watching him hoping it comes together but I think it's gone too far to come back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Committed yet more infidelity (hence why he separated from Lindsey Vonn) and continues to stink up every course he graces.

I wish he'd just **** off personally - used to have so much respect for him as THE golfer of my generation but now he's just a ****bag.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    A great player but now barely an average player.

Doesn't deserve the media coverage he still gets.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Committed yet more infidelity (hence why he separated from Lindsey Vonn) and continues to stink up every course he graces.

I wish he'd just **** off personally - used to have so much respect for him as THE golfer of my generation but now he's just a ****bag.
    Sums it up for me.

Things have never been the same for Woods since he lost his father who was such a role model and hero of Tigers

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Looked the part first two days this week. We will see what the weekend brings. I reckon he will wilt.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I can't make my mind up on Tiger Woods.

On one hand the guy WAS a great golfer and it would undoubtedly benefit the game if he did manage to recover his past form, while on the other hand he's an odious individual who doesn't deserve the idol worshiping attention of at least some of the media.

He should smile more and be nicer to folk. He doesn't realise how fortunate he is to be golfing for a living.

What an enigma he is. Some days he looks as if he has no control over the golf ball, yet the past two days he looks like he is one of the top players in the world.

Golf, as we know, is such a cruel game. Never ever take your game for granted!!

Watching him on the 11th here is like watching a slow motion car crash. Horrible golf.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

He's starting to play again now that the pressure is off and he's right out of contention.

Finished.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Finished.
    Looks like it. Sad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/34980250

@hibs.net private member PercyHibs's Avatar
    I still think tiger is gonna come back and win a major. Very much heart ruling the head though. Will need to bin his driver, start playing the stinger again and realise he's not gonna be the biggest hitter on the tour.

Digging this up again. The guy is a grade one arse. Go play the game son or give it up. You are letting the game down and thousands of fans with your petulant pish. Media should just ignore him.

Gamer IDs

Digging this up again. The guy is a grade one arse. Go play the game son or give it up. You are letting the game down and thousands of fans with your petulant pish. Media should just ignore him.
    Whats happened Al?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Whats happened Al?
    His return at the Safeway Open this week has been built up to hype level and he's withdrawn for no other reason than he feels he can't play good enough golf to win.

I'm with Alex - I wish he'd just give it up and be done with it.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Whatever the circumstances behind his late withdrawal for this week's tournament there's no doubt that his return to competitive play would have created a media circus thus creating more interest in the game at a time when it's badly needed.

Personally speaking, I think its doubtful whether Tiger will ever tee up in a PGA tour event again and even if he does, he'll never recover the form of his halcyon days.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    No chance.

Tiger returns with a one over par round finishing with doubles on the 16th and 18th.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/38174214

He's only 17th though.......out of 18.

-6 After 2 rounds. Must have been a decent round.

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    -6 After 2 rounds. Must have been a decent round.
    He ended up with a 65 - finished the round on 6 under and only 6 behind Johnson.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/38188989

In the third round, he's moved to 10 under, 4 under for the day. And only three behind second spot. Unfortunately for Tiger, Matsuyama is five under for the day and on 17 under par.

The Tiger charge is under way though!

Ridiculous that world rankings points are at stake for this invitational event. Absolute nonsense in fact.

Not finished. I for one think it's great to see Tiger back on the tour. Really hope he can get back to somewhere near his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Ridiculous that world rankings points are at stake for this invitational event. Absolute nonsense in fact.
    Not so much because it's an invitational but it's a nonsense because it's such a small field invited.
    I still think Tigers finished. Let's see his he reacts to a poor performance.

I see Tiger is scheduled to tee it up in the Dubai tournament at the start of February. It could be a make or break season for him but least he seems willing to give it a go.

It's great to see him. Golf needs as many real stars as possible.

Withdraws with back problem again. The weather wasn't great either. I wonder if his appearance money will be halved? Wonder how Taylor made are feeling. I hope his deal is appearance based.
    Last edited by greenlex; 03-02-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Withdraws with back problem again. The weather wasn't great either. I wonder if his appearance money will be halved? Wonder how Taylor made are feeling. I hope his deal is appearance based.
    I've got a feeling he just didn't fancy it. He shot a poor first round and the weather was really poor for his 2nd.

Gamer IDs

It looks like he's still not sorted out his mental health issues.

Hope I'm wrong but he looks finished.