hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I could understand why we struggled to get decent crowds earlier in the season but not now.

The current side is really worth watching and I'd love to be able to come over and see them more often.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye true. The weather seems to be a popular one.
    Petrie and STF stole 5 degrees from the average temperature. FACT
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

9,500 .... There are still folk who remain to be convinced that playing well in the Championship and trailing the Yams by a bucketful of points represents a big enough hook to get them back. If it was 15 degrees outside they might be tempted to have a look. Minus 2 .... nah.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    9,500 .... There are still folk who remain to be convinced that playing well in the Championship and trailing the Yams by a bucketful of points represents a big enough hook to get them back. If it was 15 degrees outside they might be tempted to have a look. Minus 2 .... nah.
    After being a ST holder for 35 years I cancelled my ticket for this season as I was so disillusioned with the way things had gone at Hibs over the past 7 years or so. Seeing the improvements both on and off the field, last Monday I decided to get a half season. I was charged £205 for it, which I thought at the time was a bit pricey. On returning home I checked the remaining fixtures to find we only have 7 home games left. So basically it is costing me over £29 per game. I am going to the ticket office today to get a refund and will purchase individual tickets for the remaining games.

@hibs.net private member semaj64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    After being a ST holder for 35 years I cancelled my ticket for this season as I was so disillusioned with the way things had gone at Hibs over the past 7 years or so. Seeing the improvements both on and off the field, last Monday I decided to get a half season. I was charged £205 for it, which I thought at the time was a bit pricey. On returning home I checked the remaining fixtures to find we only have 7 home games left. So basically it is costing me over £29 per game. I am going to the ticket office today to get a refund and will purchase individual tickets for the remaining games.
    I assume the paly off games will be included so may reduce the price a bit, of course if we win the league then you are correct

Surely you were aware of that on Monday?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    You don't get refunds on season tickets, I would imagine it would be the same for half season tickets.

The half STs were valid from the The Rangers game on 27/12/14, IIRC. The fact that you bought it after we'd already had a few home games is the reason for the apparent increase in the price of each match

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Surely you were aware of that on Monday?
    Nope, I thought that the games I had missed would have been deducted from the cost. Obviously that was not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    You don't get refunds on season tickets, I would imagine it would be the same for half season tickets.
    I got a refund at the start of the season and again today. Will just purchase tickets for individual games.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Another poorish crowd. Maybe the missing fans would have helped see us over the line

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Att: 9,024

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    The half STs were valid from the The Rangers game on 27/12/14, IIRC. The fact that you bought it after we'd already had a few home games is the reason for the apparent increase in the price of each match
    I bought a ticket for the Rangers game then was out of the country for the Falkirk and Cowdenbeath games. So I actually paid £233 for a half season which only covered 7 games.

Genuinely think the cold puts people off, along with championship football at premiership prices it's a recipe for low crowds. It was effin freezing today, my 6 year old was suffering badly despite being well wrapped up and having the wee heat pad things in his pocket, I tend to feel it worse than most aswell as being a type 1 diabetic, my circulation is poor. Both of the wee ones started getting crabbit about the cold at the beginning of the second half so we had to jack it in at around the 70th minute today so I never saw Nade's goal. Pretending it never happened.

It's results like todays that are putting some people coming back to ER. Folk will come out and watch a winning team, that's why the Yams are getting the attendances they are getting.

At the moment it's the hard core regulars, in the main, that are turning out for home matches.

Also, like it or not, some folk will simply not turn out to sit in freezing temperatures at football matches any more.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It's results like todays that are putting some people coming back to ER. Folk will come out and watch a winning team, that's why the Yams are getting the attendances they are getting.

At the moment it's the hard core regulars, in the main, that are turning out for home matches.

Also, like it or not, some folk will simply not turn out to sit in freezing temperatures at football matches any more.
    Your prices must have something to do with it as well - for walk ups your prices are too steep

Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    Your prices must have something to do with it as well - for walk ups your prices are too steep
    Yes, that may be another factor, but I believe the reasons I set out in my previous post are more important, especially the one about a winning team.

Hibs have got a pretty decent unbeaten record, but the number of draws, especially at home are killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    For a lot of people, you're right.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    For a lot of people, you're right.

Certainly for those who make their decisions last minute

Your STs are 95% of your diehards - there are a few who wil go for walk up because of their circumstances but the others are where your flexibility lies, and in your case you have severely restricted that through your pricing.

On the plus side, you get a lot from those who choose to do this and from the hearts and rangers games - the danger is you reduce core support
    Last edited by son of haggart; 31-01-2015 at 07:26 PM.