Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    done
    cheers.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The quicker we all sign up the sooner Stubbs will know his budget for next
    What would you guess his budget to be to the nearest 100,000 ?
    Last edited by jonty; 01-02-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Fix quote

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Hibby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The quicker we all sign up the sooner Stubbs will know his budget for next

Last edited by jonty; 01-02-2015 at 10:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    What would the budget have been if your failed takeover had succeeded? You know the one you told me about in that PM with the right people who ticked all the boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sorry, maybe i was not clear......

what do you think the annual salary cost is of the first team squad.......that is AS budget area.

Are you thinking the share offering will raise an additional 400k ?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

what do you think the annual salary cost is of the first team squad.......that is AS budget area.

400,000 is an old joke around here.

When Vlad took over our neighbours his media spokespeople conducted a survey and concluded there were 400,000 people worldwide, global in fact, who supported Hearts.

Since then any reference to 400,000 is part of an ongoing piss take.

You'll get use to the humour on here, ...... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    400,000 is an old joke around here.

When Vlad took over our neighbours his media spokespeople conducted a survey and concluded there were 400,000 people worldwide, global in fact, who supported Hearts.

Since then any reference to 400,000 is part of an ongoing piss take.

You'll get use to the humour on here, ...... eventually.
    Maybe by the time the loan is paid off, I will get the humour ;-)

cheers !

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar

cheers !
    What do you think is the best financial route for Hibs?

Coaching Staff

cheers !
    Pay it then. Put up or shut up.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar

So many questions GH - how about some solutions?
    You obviously a fairly successful businessman - give us your blueprint for how you would take the club forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    What do you think is the best financial route for Hibs?
    The 5m debt is made up of two components......3m to,STF that has been outstanding for years and am told 1.8m is the number paid to settle bank debt.

right now the solution is pay off 5m over ten years hopefully with the aid of shares issue scheme.

The club made a loss of 1.2m last year and has had only one year of profit since 2010. Yet many people on here say the debt is manageable and seem to ignore the constant losses backwards.

Now, STF says he is in favour of community ownership and sets the 500k pa payment and a value on the club of 5m.

i think STF should at the very least park the initial debt of 3m until at least 2 consecutive years of profit and only take payment on the 1.8 he recently spent.

This would mean that the 500k would become 200k pa payment until the club was back in profit.

Its there in black and white in the accounts that the club over borrowed and was only able to make payments by borrowing again to pay the bank loans.

Until we all agree that position then the various groups will fight with each other and this share offer will only buy a bit more time in my opinion before a bigger problem comes along.

The 5m debt is made up of two components......3m to,STF that has been outstanding for years and am told 1.8m is the number paid to settle bank debt.

right now the solution is pay off 5m over ten years hopefully with the aid of shares issue scheme.

The club made a loss of 1.2m last year and has had only one year of profit since 2010. Yet many people on here say the debt is manageable and seem to ignore the constant losses backwards.

Now, STF says he is in favour of community ownership and sets the 500k pa payment and a value on the club of 5m.

i think STF should at the very least park the initial debt of 3m until at least 2 consecutive years of profit and only take payment on the 1.8 he recently spent.

This would mean that the 500k would become 200k pa payment until the club was back in profit.

Its there in black and white in the accounts that the club over borrowed and was only able to make payments by borrowing again to pay the bank loans.

Until we all agree that position then the various groups will fight with each other and this share offer will only buy a bit more time in my opinion before a bigger problem comes along.
    Do you have £3 mill that you could chuck in the pot and leave for a few years then gathering no interest?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    So many questions GH - how about some solutions?
    You obviously a fairly successful businessman - give us your blueprint for how you would take the club forward?
    The first thing I would do is in my reply to G........plus

HSL is meant to negotiate as an independent body with club...........many people on here Caversham, Crops to name two seem to think what i have said to G is nonsense and that there is no conflict having LD as CEO of HSL.

I believe there is conflict as the CEO should be leading what i just described.

you can either agree or disagree......it a choice each of us has to make.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Do you have £3 mill that you could chuck in the pot and leave for a few years then gathering no interest?
    Dont deflect it to me...........its irrelevant to what is happening......but that is the tactic of the HSL in favour and the STF is a generous man group.

Seems you are one of them....you accuse me of getting my arithmetic wrong then say nothing when its your arithmetic that was incorrect.

make comment on the points i make and not me.

The path has been chosen so it will only change direction if it fails to deliver...we will see if it delivers.

Dont deflect it to me...........its irrelevant to what is happening......but that is the tactic of the HSL in favour and the STF is a generous man group.

Seems you are one of them....you accuse me of getting my arithmetic wrong then say nothing when its your arithmetic that was incorrect.

make comment on the points i make and not me.

The path has been chosen so it will only change direction if it fails to deliver...we will see if it delivers.
    Deflect it on to you? You are the one who first came in here to lead us to the promised land and then disappeared for months on end until this share issue was about to be launched.
    You failed to clarify that your figures were based on your belief that the 3 million should be deferred. So nothing wrong with my arithmetic at that point in the thread.
    Touchy when challenged aren't you? I don't see that I have insulted you there in any way.OK for you to call other posters liars though.
    Last edited by marinello59; 02-02-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Sadly, I think Global Hibby is correct in his assesment. :-(

What is vital is that we get out of this division this year and revenue (from all sources) needs to increase substantially if the club is to make any headway at all in reducing it's debt. That will be very difficult to do even in normal circumstances and nigh on impossible if we stay down in the championship.

Deflect it on to you? You are the one who first came in here to lead us to the promised land and then disappeared for months on end until this share issue was about to be launched.
    You failed to clarify that your figures were based on your belief that the 3 million should be deferred. So nothing wrong with my arithmetic at that point in the thread.
    Touchy when challenged aren't you? I don't see that I have insulted you there in any way.OK for you to call other posters liars though.
    Personal deflection again and no substance regarding the the points i made !!

Just shows how correct i am in my assessment and you must have great conversation with the other deflectors on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Sadly, I think Global Hibby is correct in his assesment. :-(

What is vital is that we get out of this division this year and revenue (from all sources) needs to increase substantially if the club is to make any headway at all in reducing it's debt. That will be very difficult to do even in normal circumstances and nigh on impossible if we stay down in the championship.
    Do you not find it strange that the supposed experts on here re finances....cant seem to spot that one......hidden agendas or what !

So obvious re borrowings and do not forget we were doing that in the SPFL !!!

Do you not find it strange that the supposed experts on here re finances....cant seem to spot that one......hidden agendas or what !

So obvious re borrowings and do not forget we were doing that in the SPFL !!!
    What happened to make comment on the points I make and not me?
    Supposed experts ? Maybe you could respond to them directly rather than throwing out blanket insults.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thing that annoys me is that we criticise Hearts (rightly) for not paying their debts but seemingly some fans want us to do the same?? Also, some fans seem happy to discuss the financial viability of their club but either won't do anything or are unwilling to even contemplate doing anything to remedy the problem. Club would survive in championship for another season if supporters turn up on Saturdays and people buy shirts etc. Wouldn't be ideal in anyway but this doomsday scenario is tiresome. Some fans seem to forget to fulfil a few key principles of being a supporter.

The best thing about the structure of the share issue is that it'll give the silent majority a real voice while the dafties who would like to get the paws on the club will be sidelined even more.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Thing that annoys me is that we criticise Hearts (rightly) for not paying their debts but seemingly some fans want us to do the same?? Also, some fans seem happy to discuss the financial viability of their club but either won't do anything or are unwilling to even contemplate doing anything to remedy the problem. Club would survive in championship for another season if supporters turn up on Saturdays and people buy shirts etc. Wouldn't be ideal in anyway but this doomsday scenario is tiresome. Some fans seem to forget to fulfil a few key principles of being a supporter.
    It is worth remembering that the biggest single thing we can do as fans is to keep paying to attend matches. We have been pretty good at that really despite the predicament we are in.

The first thing I would do is in my reply to G........plus

HSL is meant to negotiate as an independent body with club...........many people on here Caversham, Crops to name two seem to think what i have said to G is nonsense and that there is no conflict having LD as CEO of HSL.

I believe there is conflict as the CEO should be leading what i just described.

you can either agree or disagree......it a choice each of us has to make.
    I must have missed Caversham saying that.

It is worth remembering that the biggest single thing we can do as fans is to keep paying to attend matches. We have been pretty good at that really despite the predicament we are in.
    We have ,but on the back of some high scoring games and the away victory against Q of the South I was disappointed by Saturday's crowd . if we start to slip to nearer 9 thousand than 10 when on a decent run and playing good football it's a wee bit of a concern for me .

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Well I'll be signing up in about ten minutes time.

I'm not sure your take on the loan and where it is accurately reflected in how Hibs work is fair.

I really don't know why it would have to be explained but here goes ...

There are fixed costs that Hibs need to pay to keep the show on the road. These include rates, gas, electricity, some staff costs and debt repayments. All that is budgeted for.

Then there's variables and I'd suggest that will be the difference between the higher costs associated with putting out a team of good players rather than journeymen players, Leigh Griffiths as opposed to Rowan Vine, for example.

Any losses we've made will have been as a result of overspending on the variables.

I do fully get the argument around who is responsible for the losses and accumulated debt. However I think that would need a thread on its own to do it justice and I doubt we'd be too far apart on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm not sure your take on the loan and where it is accurately reflected in how Hibs work is fair.

I really don't know why it would have to be explained but here goes ...

There are fixed costs that Hibs need to pay to keep the show on the road. These include rates, gas, electricity, some staff costs and debt repayments. All that is budgeted for.

Then there's variables and I'd suggest that will be the difference between the higher costs associated with putting out a team of good players rather than journeymen players, Leigh Griffiths as opposed to Rowan Vine, for example.

Any losses we've made will have been as a result of overspending on the variables.

I do fully get the argument around who is responsible for the losses and accumulated debt. However I think that would need a thread on its own to do it justice and I doubt we'd be too far apart on that one.
    Jack,

Set up a thread to discuss finances as I agree it's a big subject and massively important one.

May I suggest a structure....

1. Agree where we have come from
    2. Establish we are today.
    3. Try and agree an end goal.
    4. Work out a way to get to that goal.

Perhaps, that will help the various groups to come together and be united.

Thats me signed up.

Jack,

Set up a thread to discuss finances as I agree it's a big subject and massively important one.

May I suggest a structure....

1. Agree where we have come from
    2. Establish we are today.
    3. Try and agree an end goal.
    4. Work out a way to get to that goal.

Perhaps, that will help the various groups to come together and be united.
    If you are what you say you are, why not join up with HSL and have a voice through it and try to influence the club that way. Once HSL has 51% of the shares it can decide how we proceed, at 26% we will have a diretcor on the board. If you want a say, put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    We have ,but on the back of some high scoring games and the away victory against Q of the South I was disappointed by Saturday's crowd . if we start to slip to nearer 9 thousand than 10 when on a decent run and playing good football it's a wee bit of a concern for me .
    Ronnie,

i agree re supporting the club in every way we can.

the thing is though....even if we had 15000 season ticket holders the income would only be circa £3m

The projected financial picture is not great and is worrying !

Based on my calculations we will have a player budget of 1m to 1.5m per annum for first team squad.

20 players at 50k per annum is 1m.