• Yes - I will buy through HSL

48 34.04%
  • Yes - I will buy direct and through HSL

30 21.28%
  • No

24 17.02%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coaching Staff
    If I can buy direct somehow I will do that.

Just for HoH I am now inclined to chuck some into HSL too. Thanks lads.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I can buy direct somehow I will do that.

Just for HoH I am now inclined to chuck some into HSL too. Thanks lads.
    I've spoken to a few people who are saying just that.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I've spoken to a few people who are saying just that.
    They definitely nudged me in that direction as well. I hadn't really considered the HSL option as I would have preferred to buy direct, but after all that's gone on and the responses and communication from HSL, I'm comfortable that, for me, they're a good fit.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Yes

I took time out after the AGM to ask questions of Kenny McCaskill and Charlie Reid; primarily why they've accepted the invite to become involved. I liked their answers, and their enthusiasm for the scheme. Between chatting with them, having total trust in the knowledge and experience LD brings to the table, and reading the many and varied opinions on here, I'm now going to take up the option of HSL instead of buying further shares direct.

I don't have mountains of cash, and very little of it is spare, but I've read and heard enough to convince me that HSL is the simplest way towards fans owning 51%

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    I took time out after the AGM to ask questions of Kenny McCaskill and Charlie Reid; primarily why they've accepted the invite to become involved. I liked their answers, and their enthusiasm for the scheme. Between chatting with them, having total trust in the knowledge and experience LD brings to the table, and reading the many and varied opinions on here, I'm now going to take up the option of HSL instead of buying further shares direct.

I don't have mountains of cash, and very little of it is spare, but I've read and heard enough to convince me that HSL is the simplest way towards fans owning 51%
    i all ready have shares and was probably going to buy direct and via HSL if i can be convinced that HSL would be the beat option for fan ownership i would stick with that.

Was there anything in particular that convinced you.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post

What were their reasons, particularly CR's?

IIRC, he was at the forefront of the Petrie Out campaign. Not that the two are incompatible, of course.

Didn't know that KM is a Hibby, TBH.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Yes for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    i all ready have shares and was probably going to buy direct and via HSL if i can be convinced that HSL would be the beat option for fan ownership i would stick with that.

Was there anything in particular that convinced you.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    What were their reasons, particularly CR's?

IIRC, he was at the forefront of the Petrie Out campaign. Not that the two are incompatible, of course.

Didn't know that KM is a Hibby, TBH.
    Charlie was probably the one out the two who sold it most to me. He'd probably come the furthest journey from a figurehead in the Petrie Out Campaign to becoming a figurehead in HSL. He spoke of "strength in numbers" and HSL afforded the fans that opportunity. He said something along the lines of it being the fairest approach to fan ownership in that no one member could hold any more power or influence over any other irrespective of how much they 'invested'. One investment = one vote. He thought maybe the maximum any one fan might donate was around the 10k mark (dunno if he was meaning himself in that though 😊)

KM was very enthusiastic, and I think the very fact he was willing to put his name against it was reassuring. In case anyone is interested HIBS were his boyhood team; his chosen career path having the biggest impact on his ability to attend ER with any frequency. Made a wee joke about his ex-boss' allegiances and I took from that he has more than one foot firmly entrenched at ER.

I also spoke Briefly with Stephen Dunn but only to reminisce over the fine bottle of red we once shared when he guested on our radio show. - The very fact Stephen is throwing his hat in the ring enhances my growing enthusiasm for HSL.

The rest is up to us fans I guess

Can anyone advise whether it would be possible to have a family member who is a shareholder to buy shares and then transfer them into your name? Would this be cheaper than going through an IFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtead Hibs View Post
    Can anyone advise whether it would be possible to have a family member who is a shareholder to buy shares and then transfer them into your name? Would this be cheaper than going through an IFA?
    It should be ok, although you have to hold the shares for 6 months before transferring them out.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtead Hibs View Post
    You can, I have done it. No charge by the club Secretary at the time

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby