Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    B8hPW1JIgAE9j4A.jpg

Hibs.net backing them??

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George Craig
    He spoke about the influences of Sir Clive Woodward and George Brailsford when telling us football is a “performance sport” so “little advantages, small percentage gains” help us “to be better.”
    Dave Brailsford. Were you even there?

Seriously, thanks for the great reporting!

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    hh

Is Pia a drunk? He certainly sounded like one tonight. Looked bevied too.

What struck me tonight was the togetherness between LD,AS and GC. They each referred to each other when they spoke about all sorts and never mentioned RP or any other directors by name simply stating the support they receive from the Board in general.
    Ive seen Pia on a few things and thought that myself, the one that really jumps out was when he was on STV news trying to debate with Kevin Williamson about the independence refernedum, he looked and sounded half jaked.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Dave Brailsford. Were you even there?

Seriously, thanks for the great reporting!
    Haha oops. Thought I'd got away with winging it there. 😜 will change it now.

Well spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Cheers S seems like someone never heard then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It seems to have been missed everywhere.

Colin McNeill resigned from the football board but remains on the Community Foundation board.
    True, and I'm not slagging him off, as he seems a decent guy, but how many folk actually knew he was back/there in the first place?

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Thank you for the report Andrew, very much appreciated it is. Well done.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    One poster spoke to RP afterwards, and he confirmed that we are no longer paying anything to TB.
    That would certainly explain why i've seen him on the TV a lot more recently; Fantasy Football Club on Sky and Ipswich's FA Cup replay with Southampton.

Anyways, I digress...top post andrew70, brief and very informative

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Dont know if the AGM was the place to raise this, but was there any mention of a pay off for Butcher?
    One poster spoke to RP afterwards, and he confirmed that we are no longer paying anything to TB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    That would certainly explain why i've seen him on the TV a lot more recently; Fantasy Football Club on Sky and Ipswich's FA Cup replay with Southampton.
    The question has to be asked whether TB walked away or whether a lump sum was required to terminate the contract?

Regardless, and as others have said, excellent post andrew70

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    True, and I'm not slagging him off, as he seems a decent guy, but how many folk actually knew he was back/there in the first place?
    I thought he'd already gone!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Any idea who runs the Hibernian Retro page on FB? Appears they've taken my work and used it as there own.

Wouldn't mind if he/she had asked...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Any idea who runs the Hibernian Retro page on FB? Appears they've taken my work and used it as there own.

Thats classy.

Left by mutual consent!

Agm

I attended last night's AGM and was looking forward to hearing both the pro's and cons of the share issue. Instead what we got was a shouting match when we could have had a honest, civilised debate from people who should be on the same side, ie the improvement in the fortunes of our football club. After many, many failures the board have made what seems, excellent choices for the CEO and the management team. But, what we have to remember is that the Board are employees of Hibernian FC and they go into each day because it is their job. We, on the other hand, go to ER as it is a way of life, a calling if you wish. Thus the Board are custonian's of our club and sometimes they have made bad mistakes. We all do ! So we have £19m worth of assets and £5m worth of debt, not too bad a place to be. But, we shall pay it. Why ? Because this guys is HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB, not some shanty town mob from the other side of town or from Glasgow who think they ideal way to run their affairs is to build up huge debt and then run away. THAT, friends is the difference. I shall go further, I will pay the mortgage (with some help !) 1000 fans at £10 a week for ten years or 500 at £20. We can do this if we try. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thats classy.
    I called them up for it and they have added in a bit saying that I wrote it now.

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    B8hPW1JIgAE9j4A.jpg

Hibs.net backing them??
    We can only assume it's their idea of a joke. Who knows what the thinking was behind putting Hibs.Net on that one. Mildly amusing though.
    For the avoidance of doubt hibs.net don't back anybody, all we do is provide a platform for Hibs fans to discuss all things Hibernian. I know we have said it several times before but there is no editorial policy here. We probably couldn't agree on one anyway. The members here are more than capable of thinking for themselves. If the Admin team here suggested a stance you lot would probably back the opposite just to annoy us.
    Last edited by marinello59; 29-01-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

They did the same with some HibeesBounce artwork recently.

They've got previous going back to their very beginning just about!

For different reasons another 'group' we could do without, IMO, albeit for very different reasons.
    Space to let

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We can only assume it's their idea of a joke. Who knows what the thinking was behind putting Hibs.Net on that one. Mildly amusing though.
    For the avoidance of doubt hibs.net don't back anybody, all we do is provide a platform for Hibs fans to discuss all things Hibernian. I know we have said it several times before but there is no editorial policy here. We probably couldn't agree on one anyway. The members here are more than capable of thinking for themselves anyway. If the Admin team here suggested a stance you lot would probably back the opposite just to annoy us.

It would just be for arguments sake.... In a good way!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They did the same with some HibeesBounce artwork recently.

They've got previous going back to their very beginning just about!

For different reasons another 'group' we could do without, IMO, albeit for very different reasons.
    Agreed! Just find it annoying that they weren't even going to acknowledge it until I said something.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thats good to hear. Thanks CWG

Coaching Staff
    Have to say PB did a great job with meeting minutes. What came across to an extent was the personal bitterness some have towards both RP and STF. I don't feel its fully justified.

1) I don't for a minute think it would make any real difference to Easter Road attendances if RP walk out the door tomorrow, perhaps a few hundred. What will, is a winning and promoted team, the promoted part being hard to achieve this season in my opinion, but possible. RP has admitted mistakes and yes he did, but who in life hasn't.

2) I am an admirer of Sir Tom Farmer, as a business man who, as a young man saw a opportunity and single mindedly followed it through to create the successful business which he did.
    As a human being in the way he lives his life, no scandal, providing money for his chosen charities and folowing his chosen faith.
    We at Hibs owe STF a huge debit of gratitude, for saving Hibs from becoming another Third Lanark, a statistic in the record book of Scottish football.
    Well thats me had my say for what it is worth.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I lost respect for him when he shot down the road to join Oldham.
    Bit unfair. At the time Alex Miller had frozen him out for personal reasons and had Kano training with the kids. If I remember correctly we played Oldham in a pre season friendly, signed Goram and Kano round about the same time signed for Oldham (again assuming my memory isn't playing up. Kano hardly "shot down the road" but I do know that when he came back to these shores a deal was done to take him to the other side of Edinburgh. That mob had even called a press conference but when it came to it Kano just couldn't pull on their rag. He has Hibs in his DNA despite not having universal support for his current activities and approach.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Have to say PB did a great job with meeting minutes. What came across to an extent was the personal bitterness some have towards both RP and STF. I don't feel its fully justified.

1) I don't for a minute think it would make any real difference to Easter Road attendances if RP walk out the door tomorrow, perhaps a few hundred. What will, is a winning and promoted team, the promoted part being hard to achieve this season in my opinion, but possible. RP has admitted mistakes and yes he did, but who in life hasn't.

2) I am an admirer of Sir Tom Farmer, as a business man who, as a young man saw a opportunity and single mindedly followed it through to create the successful business which he did.
    As a human being in the way he lives his life, no scandal, providing money for his chosen charities and folowing his chosen faith.
    We at Hibs owe STF a huge debit of gratitude, for saving Hibs from becoming another Third Lanark, a statistic in the record book of Scottish football.
    Well thats me had my say for what it is worth.
    I honestly have never understood that either, criticise fine but the personal abuse is completely uncalled for and mystifying IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt hibs.net don't back anybody, all we do is provide a platform for Hibs fans to discuss all things Hibernian. I know we have said it several times before but there is no editorial policy here. We probably couldn't agree on one anyway. The members here are more than capable of thinking for themselves. If the Admin team here suggested a stance you lot would probably back the opposite just to annoy us.

no I wouldn't

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post

He appeared to show signs of that condition. It could also be due to a medical condition. It is difficult to be certain regarding this issue without knowing the facts of Mr S Pia's condition......
    The AGM was very well attended and I thought that Mr Craig, Stubbs, Petrie and Ms Dempster presented very well in their vision for Hibs.
    It was nice to see Sir Tom Framer give an account of the things that he has done for Hibs and is still doing. STF's contribution is documented in many posts on this and other threads.
    As I see it the club has got one debt of 5 million pound paybale over 10 years with no interest payable. This will start in August this year. How many football teams have an interest free mortgage?
    The majority of fans at the AGM were happy with the way the club is run and do not want HOH or Buy Hibs to be ruuning OUR CLUB.
    I think STF has done a lot for our club and still does a lot. He should not be given the abuse that he gets from a small minority of people.
    I look forward to seeing our team being promoted this year and winning silverware soon.
    Apologies but when I posted "shameful" I mean the comments attributed to Simon Pia. No foundation for them, just no need. Is that not what many are criticising elements of HoH for doing?
    Last edited by Mikey; 29-01-2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post

Apologies but when I posted "shameful" I mean the comments attributed to Simon Pia. No foundation for them, just no need. Is that not what many are criticising elements of HoH for doing?

you're absolutely right, some of the comments against paul kane are pretty tasteless as well with someone even suggesting he climbs back under some rock whether he's right or wrong it's incredible some of the abuse hibs fans on here are aiming at a former player of Hibernian FC, i haven't a clue who simon pia(sp) is but now he's getting labelled a jakey etc etc, the guy could possibly have a medical condition ffs, wonder how long it will be before club legend pat stanton gets a little bit of the keyboard abuse as well

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

you're absolutely right, some of the comments against paul kane are pretty tasteless as well with someone even suggesting he climbs back under some rock whether he's right or wrong it's incredible some of the abuse hibs fans on here are aiming at a former player of Hibernian FC, i haven't a clue who simon pia(sp) is but now he's getting labelled a jakey etc etc, the guy could possibly have a medical condition ffs, wonder how long it will be before club legend pat stanton gets a little bit of the keyboard abuse as well
    At the same time, being an Ex-player doesnt make you bulletproof. If Pia and Kane want to "shout the loudest" and throw unproven allegations around, they are opening themselves up for a backlash.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    At the same time, being an Ex-player doesnt make you bulletproof. If Pia and Kane want to "shout the loudest" and throw unproven allegations around, they are opening themselves up for a backlash.

Pia has accused STF of asset stripping and using Hibs to line his own pocket. No evidence of either, but potentially very hurtful to someone who clearly cares about his reputation. Two wrongs don't make a right but he's opened himself up to scrutiny. If people say he 'looked drunk' at a public event they have more evidence than Pia has produced for his claims.

I genuinely have no idea what Kano is up to, but think he might be easily influenced by others.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

Pia has accused STF of asset stripping and using Hibs to line his own pocket. No evidence of either, but potentially very hurtful to someone who clearly cares about his reputation. Two wrongs don't make a right but he's opened himself up to scrutiny. If people say he 'looked drunk' at a public event they have more evidence than Pia has produced for his claims.

I genuinely have no idea what Kano is up to, but think he might be easily influenced by others.
    I prefer to think of Kano as slightly misguided while Pia has a bit more of a personal vendetta going on.

As a side issue there are some people on social media who are embarrassed by the standing ovation Sir Tom received. I despair sometimes.

picture in evening news

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but someone has a banner saying hibs.net says no to Hsl ponzi deal.
    again seome is speaking for me apparently. Can some one point me in the direction of the thread or poll this is refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned but someone has a banner saying hibs.net says no to Hsl ponzi deal.
    again seome is speaking for me apparently. Can some one point me in the direction of the thread or poll this is refering to.
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...rmer-1-3672718