hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....and Celtic have no doubt missed out some we have picked up on.
    We also missed out on that four leafed clover too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    You're right. He should be up there in front if the shareholders dwelling on the past. Jeezo man.
    Not what I am saying at all and how you draw that inference, god only knows?

Look back at some of my posts I have said umpteen times it time to move on and unify.

But tell me what manager we have had who hasn't talked the talk and failed to walk the walk?

I am told things are very much better from folk I know there and am delighted.

But you will need to forgive my scepticism that right now its empty words and looks a bit self gratifying.

I also think that a bit of humility would have served Mr Craig & Mr May better as if we don't produce the next 11 Messi's there will be blood on the streets

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    RP explains his decision for not resigning. Images of hatred beemed around the world at protests, an anti thesis of what we stand for. Accepts responsibility and apologises for his failings.
    When is he going to resign though. Shocking tenure and he's still In a position when we are in one of the worst positions of our history on and off the park.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    What a strange rant.
    Rant no

Note of caution maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    Can't be sure which club - would have to ask but surely promising youngsters like this on our door step should be snapped up.
    Only if they want to come. Not all local youngsters are Hibs fans unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Look back at some of my posts I have said umpteen times it time to move on and unify.

But tell me what manager we have had who hasn't talked the talk and failed to walk the walk?

But you will need to forgive my scepticism that right now its empty words and looks a bit self gratifying.

I also think that a bit of humility would have served Mr Craig & Mr May better as if we don't produce the next 11 Messi's there will be blood on the streets
    you are on one tonight....have you been watching us this season? this isn't about empty words...we are better on the pitch in every single facet from last season, and for a number of years... It is unquestionable progress...and as for your 11 Messi's thing...well...wow . There is absolutely nothing in the messages from Craig and May of arrogance , simply detail and professionalism.

Coaching Staff
    Rant no

Note of caution maybe
    A bit OTT for a note of caution. They are also presenting what is happening to shareholders. Quite bizarre to suggest they shouldn't talk about those plans and be enthusiastic about them.

Calling them empty vessels makes it look like you might have some issue with someone?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Sites a bit slow, bin the guests?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Over dramatic or what!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a strange rant.
    Why? There are still areas of concern. The reality amongst all the self congratulatory back slapping is that we are a second tier side with a £5m debt and a very slim chance of promotion this year.

Changes have been made and LD And George Craig are talking them up in a positive fashion and rightly so but the previous poster is merely pointing out that actual talk is cheap.

We need promotion at the very least by next season. If not then our longest stay in the second tier in living memory would be nothing to be proud of.

Question re signings:

Squad is strong. Will only sign if right player is available. Board has backed me to get the best players available.

(I think our January business may be done)
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Share issue to be explained by RP.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Why? There are still areas of concern. The reality amongst all the self congratulatory back slapping is that we are a second tier side with a £5m debt and a very slim chance of promotion this year.

Changes have been made and LD And George Craig are talking them up in a positive fashion and rightly so but the previous poster is merely pointing out that actual talk is cheap.

We need promotion at the very least by next season. If not then our longest stay in the second tier in living memory would be nothing to be proud of.
    I think we have an excellent chance of promotion.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Non shareholders, those without a proxy asked to leave.

very slim chance of promotion this year.
    Wait. What?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

That's a wildly pessimistic view - if you take the first few weeks of the season out when we weren't match fit we're as good as anybody. I'd fancy our chances in the playoffs big time.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    If we come second yes. If we are third, I think we will struggle to win 3 ties in a row. Most clubs would tbf.

True, but there does come a time for us fans to ditch the cynicism and look forward. That might be difficult for some to do with Petrie still hanging around, but its clear we are going in the right direction and even a pessimistic sod like me is now looking forward and getting on board with the change. I'll still be looking for on field progress (as we all do) but the behind the scenes stuff sounds great, the new signings look solid so there are visible signs of the 'new Hibs' out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sites a bit slow, bin the guests?
    Bin all the bickering and leave this thread for pretty boys updates?

Can you please quantify 'slim chance?' 5%? 15%. From where I'm sitting, I think we have a very reasonable chance of promotion.

Blog Entries
    A bit OTT for a note of caution. They are also presenting what is happening to shareholders. Quite bizarre to suggest they shouldn't talk about those plans and be enthusiastic about them.

Calling them empty vessels makes it look like you might have some issue with someone?
    Not at all don't know the guys or even their reputations, definitely no axe to grind

Didnt call them empty vessels either, simply said folk who make most noise often don't have that much substance.

What I was trying and clearly failing to say was that they make lots of bold statements that are completely unverifiable and having been through what we have I would prefer actions not words.

FWIW I believe we are finally on the right tracks but they have lined themselves up to be shot down by making these bold claims and I would have preferred they hadn't as to me it looks like showboating.

My record of support for the club / board on this forum is there to see but an awful lot of what has been reported (thanks PB) regarding East Mains and our player development as opposed to player recruitment is simply the opinion / unverifiable postulating of the speaker.

Whilst I fully accept the need to talk up Hibs and the progress made I would prefer actions to speak louder than words, I recognise that in player development there may be years before this happens or is visible, but I would hate to think we were going to have listen to such empty bravado on an ongoing basis.

My experience is that empty vessels make the most noise and until we see tangible results I will have concerns that all those involved are doing is talking a very good game.

I also think that some of the things said would have better left unsaid as they are a certainty to get out to those other clubs mentioned and will in all likelihood come back and bite us on the arse.
    You must be great fun at a party

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    But by no means guaranteed Matty. A lot will depend on where we finish, our form going into the play offs, who we are playing and avoidance of injuries etc. etc.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Not at all don't know the guys or even their reputations, definitely no axe to grind

Didnt call them empty vessels either, simply said folk who make most noise often don't have that much substance.

What I was trying and clearly failing to say was that they make lots of bold statements that are completely unverifiable and having been through what we have I would prefer actions not words.

FWIW I believe we are finally on the right tracks but they have lined themselves up to be shot down by making these bold claims and I would have preferred they hadn't as to me it looks like showboating.
    To be fair this isn't like a newspaper interview - it's at an AGM. Seems entirely within context to me?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member

I would say we need to go up this season. Another season in this league at the prices they are would be terrible. However, I think we have a reasonable chance of going up this season.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Bin all the bickering and leave this thread for pretty boys updates?

I'll go with that.

Coaching Staff

I think there are some ways of getting over some of that without the over dramatic nonsense.

You are at at too. Self congratulatory back slapping?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    But by no means guaranteed Matty. A lot will depend on where we finish, our form going into the play offs, who we are playing and avoidance of injuries etc. etc.
    As with all the other teams.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    you are on one tonight....have you been watching us this season? this isn't about empty words...we are better on the pitch in every single facet from last season, and for a number of years... It is unquestionable progress...and as for your 11 Messi's thing...well...wow . There is absolutely nothing in the messages from Craig and May of arrogance , simply detail and professionalism.
    My comments related to East mains & the Academy no more.

So its not arrogant to say

We wont miss out on any players

We have the best sport science and fitness coach in the country

We obviously think differently

and that would be the same for any team chasing promotion would it not?