hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting quote from an otherwise predictable Bathgate piece:

Experience from other clubs – most relevantly, Hibs’ Edinburgh neighbours Hearts – teaches us that only in the event of a life-threatening crisis do fans really dig deep. In the winter of 2012, when Vladimir Romanov warned that Hearts were at risk of closure, supporters raised around £1m. No matter that HSL have already received expressions of interest from 700 fans, it seems unlikely that they will raise anything close to that six-figure sum, never mind the hypothetical maximum of £2.5m.

This is a key issue and we shall see.

But I don't think that any amount of scheme cheerleading or condemnation from fans groups will have much more influence on individual decisions at this point.
    I think most will have made up their mind. I think the share issue will be a slow burner, but with no end-date on the HSL option there's no rush to get the £2.5million in, because it's not critical cash for the club.

The key to it is that HSL are still pushing for payments in a year or two years time, because I think it will take at least that long to raise the money.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He's a disgrace, what a load of nonsense.

In many ways the opposition to the share scheme reminds me of the Yes campaign last year. The amount of noise being generated by one side is disproportionate to the feelings of the majority (as far as I can see from the, admittedly limited, response to the share scheme at the AGM and on the poll on here).

HoH mustered 30-odd folk to protest, why should Hibs hold everything up for such a small section of the support when over 20 times that number have expressed an interest in participating as is? Especially so when the questions have been addressed publically - just because HoH etc don't like the answers doesn't mean that there are no answers.

How long do the club need to cover the same ground, or cover that ground only to find the goalposts moved and an objection raised on some other spurious grounds?

HoH, as with everyone, are entitled to their opinion, and like the rest of us they have a choice in whether to dip their hands in their pockets and participate in the issue, or not to - nobody's going to criticise them for not buying into it, it's their right to do as they please.

Similarly, the rest of us have a right to go ahead if we want to - from what I can see more people want to go ahead than don't,and so the club should be pressing on as planned, IMHO.

Bathgate paints a picture that's somewhat out of synch with reality, IMHO, and he lends far more credibility to the opposition to the plan than that opposition merits based on it's size.

More like FOH Fibs on Hibs and behaving like the enemy so the acronym is appropriate too

Experience from other clubs – most relevantly, Hibs’ Edinburgh neighbours Hearts – teaches us that only in the event of a life-threatening crisis do fans really dig deep. In the winter of 2012, when Vladimir Romanov warned that Hearts were at risk of closure, supporters raised around £1m. No matter that HSL have already received expressions of interest from 700 fans, it seems unlikely that they will raise anything close to that six-figure sum, never mind the hypothetical maximum of £2.5m.

But I don't think that any amount of scheme cheerleading or condemnation from fans groups will have much more influence on individual decisions at this point.
    I agree entirely with your last statement there. It's all noises off now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I said much the same on another thread when someone tried to compare the fund raising of both clubs. The situations are not comparable, if they hadnae come up with the goods they would be no more. We don't face that.