hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Just to try and tidy up the end of the meeting a bit as I was typing quickly and was conscious my phone was low on battery.

A fan asked for the share issue to be postponed for a few weeks so discussions could take place.

LD correctly or incorrectly thought this person had links to BuyHibs and challeneged him to tell her what was different between BuyHibs and HSL. She asked why BuyHibs was ready to go but HSL wasn't when the structured were similar.

Paul Kane stood up and contended LD was running HSL. She denied this and said she was on the board but wasn't running the show. He suggested the support was split 50/50 but this was roundly jeered.

Simon Pia was next to have a go. Contended Hibs fans were being asked to pay off £10M of mismanagement, questioned where money from property deals had gone, said thw share issue was a donation to STF etc. Amanda Jones asked if he had a question or was just rantinG. Pia continued in tje same vein and was shouted down.

LD said STF had been asked for money to settle the bank deal and had agreed. How much? Was shouted by a few. She replied along the lines of 'significant' but this was drowned out a bit. At this point
    STF stood up at the side of the room and said he would answer.

He took to the stage to a round of applause. Pia tried to shout him down and STF replied 'I didn't interupt you so give me the same respect'. He then said he had put up with 23 years of hurtful abuse from Pia and had taken it but said he's had enough. He said in that time he accepted he's made mistakes but had always done his very best for Hibs. He explained about the money he had loaned Hibs to take control and how he had built us from a club with negative value to having £19M worth of assets. He asked why he should give the club away for nothing but said he was sick and tired of being personally abused and if the fans wanted the club as far as he was concerned they could have it. He said thay in 23 years not one person or group had made a credible offer for the club. He said Hibs owed him that £5M and as a club we paid our debts. He questioned where else a club could get £5M to be paid over 10 years with no interest and he assured us that money will not come out the share money. He said he won't tolerate the hurtful slagging and slander he is facing in the media and he urged fans to embrace the changes and acknowledge the difficult but positive changes being made.

He recieved a standing ovation from a vast majority of the room at this point. He made a few closing remarks and was applauded again as he left the stage.

RP then spoke and a few people shouted about more questions needed and so on. A few others shouted this down. Someone suggested a vote whether to carry on for a further half hour, RP accepted this and asked the question. A majority shouted approval to end the evening there and that was that
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should ban every single member of HoH.
    Do you really think we can afford to lose 30 fans?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    That's how they are coming across! Shame as it's taken heat off the board with them acting his way. Some saying genuine fans who are shareholders wanted to ask more questions but weren't allowed or ran out of time. This will only anger them more surely?
    Couldnae give a toss now if it angers them, lets hear what they want to say tomorrow in the papers and watch EVERY accusation they make eaten up chewed and spat out as the drivel it is.

If ever there were a bunch of folk who have made a right hash of making a takeover bid its this lot, we had the most hated man on earth in Petrie and an owner who was never there and they have actually made them more popular than they were at the final whistle against Hamilton?

Farmers ownership in my opinion plays a huge part in where we are today, but there are no viable others out there who i'd want to replace him from those who have shown an interest so far.

The new share scheme again in my opinion gives us ALL a chance to change us for the better in the future, and remember any of these buyhibs/HOH/Hibileaks/Pia/Kano/Riley lot can purchase shares like you and me, but they want the club for nothing, that's the upshot of their moans.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He should ban every single member of HoH.
    Shouldn't take long...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    Encouraging to hear but we apparently missed out on a great talent from St Mary's primary Leith who I believe is tied up with Celtic I think.
    Who was that and when?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    So is everyone back to loving Rod Petrie ? Seems like some short term memories
    Absolutely not.

He is still the most divisive figure at the club but equally I accept he is now far less involved day to day than he was.

He won't be here forever but it's time to accept he's here for now and get on with backing the club.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Not sure about that but it seems the majority, certainly at the meeting, are back in love with the club and perhaps realise that Petrie is not the club and therefore not the important issue. Some people get on a soap box and can't get off. Some see the bigger picture
    I think the club would really get fans back on board if he did leave.

I still know many who haven't returned as they just can't trust what he says and are hurt after several previous mistakes.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just to try and tidy up the end of the meeting a bit as I was typing quickly and was conscious my phone was low on battery.

A fan asked for the share issue to be postponed for a few weeks so discussions could take place.

LD correctly or incorrectly thought this person had links to BuyHibs and challeneged him to tell her what was different between BuyHibs and HSL. She asked why BuyHibs was ready to go but HSL wasn't when the structured were similar.

Paul Kane stood up and contended LD was running HSL. She denied this and said she was on the board but wasn't running the show. He suggested the support was split 50/50 but this was roundly jeered.

Simon Pia was next to have a go. Contended Hibs fans were being asked to pay off £10M of mismanagement, questioned where money from property deals had gone, said thw share issue was a donation to STF etc. Amanda Jones asked if he had a question or was just rantinG. Pia continued in tje same vein and was shouted down.

LD said STF had been asked for money to settle the bank deal and had agreed. How much? Was shouted by a few. She replied along the lines of 'significant' but this was drowned out a bit. At this point
    STF stood up at the side of the room and said he would answer.

He took to the stage to a round of applause. Pia tried to shout him down and STF replied 'I didn't interupt you so give me the same respect'. He then said he had put up with 23 years of hurtful abuse from Pia and had taken it but said he's had enough. He said in that time he accepted he's made mistakes but had always done his very best for Hibs. He explained about the money he had loaned Hibs to take control and how he had built us from a club with negative value to having £19M worth of assets. He asked why he should give the club away for nothing but said he was sick and tired of being personally abused and if the fans wanted the club as far as he was concerned they could have it. He said thay in 23 years not one person or group had made a credible offer for the club. He said Hibs owed him that £5M and as a club we paid our debts. He questioned where else a club could get £5M to be paid over 10 years with no interest and he assured us that money will not come out the share money. He said he won't tolerate the hurtful slagging and slander he is facing in the media and he urged fans to embrace the changes and acknowledge the difficult but positive changes being made.

He recieved a standing ovation from a vast majority of the room at this point. He made a few closing remarks and was applauded again as he left the stage.

RP then spoke and a few people shouted about more questions needed and so on. A few others shouted this down. Someone suggested a vote whether to carry on for a further half hour, RP accepted this and asked the question. A majority shouted approval to end the evening there and that was that
    Another thanks PB....

I still know many who haven't returned as they just can't trust what he says and are hurt after several previous mistakes.
    How many and they would all return right away when Petrie leaves?

Sorry, but I've heard that before.

A winning team, playing decent football will bring fans back IMHO.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    At the end of last season about 1/99. I'd have guessed it would have been about 50/50 in roughly November. I'd say it's probably now about 80/20 but there's no way of judging really.

I think Kano's right to point out that the fans are split. He's (probably wrongly) employed a bit of hyperbole to emphasise his point.

I don't think this make him a fantasist.
    When he asked the question "where is the money coming from to repay the loan", I unchecked the box next to his name that said "businessman".

Might put a pencil cross in the one that says "fantasist" for that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Absolutely.

I'm behind Hibs, the board, LD and the share issue. They have answered the questions I had.

But I'm behind the right of Kano et al to ask questions and I'm interested to hear what they have to say. I want to hear whether it is (as it seems) a bunch of bitter individuals acting on long held grudges or whether they actually have any points. They're well enough "connected" to maybe be onto something. Silencing them, cutting the event short does nobody any favours.

That was the board's chance to end it and instead it invites the trash talking to continue.
    I agree with this - a chance for the board and others present to end things. Instead many people left with questions unanswered.

How many questions were actually asked ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Absolutely not.

He is still the most divisive figure at the club but equally I accept he is now far less involved day to day than he was.

He won't be here forever but it's time to accept he's here for now and get on with backing the club.
    Ffs when will he just go?!!! Telling fans to back the club while still here and him being the issue many haven't come back is rich.

That's not against you btw PB.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Just back and as others have said, very interesting night.

1) I liked Leanne Dempster before tonight but even more after listening to her at the meeting. She seems honest, genuine and has a fight in her belly which is important for a leader. She won't take any nonsense and that should and will filter right through the club.

2) George Craig came across as an interesting character, full of charisma Liked what he is trying to improve the whole player infrastructure.

3) Alan Stubbs continues to impress. Not sure how else to put it other than Im glad we have him in charge and long may it continue.

4) and last but not least, Sir Tom Farmer. A quite emotive for want of a better word? speech. He saved this club in the early 90's and I for one have trust and faith after listening tonight.

GGTTH
    That sounds good to me Andy

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

A winning team helps - 100%

But for the full revitalisation of this club to happen he has to move on and I am then sure the club will continue to take a new direction.

It's a shame fans didn't do more after relegation as seemed to be some momentum at that rally that was organised.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

I know quite a few that would return on Saturday if Petrie was to leave tomorrow. Nothing to do with anything else. I fully respect that stance as its his constant mistakes that led to years of dire football and the humiliation of relegation.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    That's how they are coming across! Shame as it's taken heat off the board with them acting his way. Some saying genuine fans who are shareholders wanted to ask more questions but weren't allowed or ran out of time. This will only anger them more surely?

Edit.. The ones not with Kano just the ones who wanted more answers from the board without the slagging.
    The shareholders themselves called the meeting to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowbraeHibby View Post
    Another thanks PB....
    Brilliant updates all night PB...much appreciated pal :)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Couldnae give a toss now if it angers them, lets hear what they want to say tomorrow in the papers and watch EVERY accusation they make eaten up chewed and spat out as the drivel it is.

If ever there were a bunch of folk who have made a right hash of making a takeover bid its this lot, we had the most hated man on earth in Petrie and an owner who was never there and they have actually made them more popular than they were at the final whistle against Hamilton?

Farmers ownership in my opinion plays a huge part in where we are today, but there are no viable others out there who i'd want to replace him from those who have shown an interest so far.

The new share scheme again in my opinion gives us ALL a chance to change us for the better in the future, and remember any of these buyhibs/HOH/Hibileaks/Pia/Kano/Riley lot can purchase shares like you and me, but they want the club for nothing, that's the upshot of their moans.
    Sorry BH I should have been clearer I was meaning the genuine guys who just wanted straight forward answers from Petire, Farmer etc. Because most of this was spent arguing with Kane and the other idiots they didn't get to ask their own stuff. Leeann Dempster seems to have came across well though which I'm very pleased about.

I agree with this - a chance for the board and others present to end things. Instead many people left with questions unanswered.

How many questions were actually asked ?
    At the end of PB's summary it states that the question regarding a vote as to whether the meeting be continued came from the floor, not from RP or the board
    This is how it feels

Its about time they put that behind them and got back behind the club, just my opinion of course, but Hibs are more than just Rod Petrie and the club are doing a lot to reunite with the fans and we have recovery and hope on and off the pitch now

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Sorry BH I should have been clearer I was meaning the genuine guys who just wanted straight forward answers from Petire, Farmer etc. Because most of this was spent arguing with Kane and the other idiots they didn't get to ask their own stuff. Leeann Dempster seems to have came across well though which I'm very pleased about.
    No problem matey.

@hibs.net private member iainm1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    IMO HOH have had their democratic right to ask a question, they have had a response from the owner.

Any more negative PR will only affect Hibs in the long term.

I also hope STF takes legal action on any more slurs on him.

Sums it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    Can't be sure which club - would have to ask but surely promising youngsters like this on our door step should be snapped up.
    You have a very simplistic and romanticised outlook on life don't you?

*apologies for late replies but just catching up on thread now and replying to posts that just can't wait as I come across them.

@hibs.net private member iainm1875's Avatar
    So is everyone back to loving Rod Petrie ? Seems like some short term memories

Nope, just back loving Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Don't think anyone has said as much. Are you not convinced that the club is moving in the right direction now ?
    Well long over due and being in the 1st div and relegated without rangers and hearts shows what a mess we got into.

A 2nd relegation saw more serious action taken but I get frustrated why it has taken so many mistakes and we have wasted so much money along the way. Stubbs and LD have done more in 6 months then previous people in years.

Butcher rightly went but RP stayed around - getting away with hiring another numpty manager and causing huge embarrassment to the club. I am all for being positive but 100 % the club would be galvanised if he moved on also.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Brilliant updates all night PB...much appreciated pal :)
    PB, another thank you for the updates.

Cheers.

I'm really glad to hear that sir Tom put Pia in his place.

I would go further and let them find out that the law doesn't care who has the biggest mouth or the hardest punch when it comes to defamation.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The shareholders themselves called the meeting to an end.
    How many questions were asked ?

Also it's strange the shareholders did this - surely they would want to hear answers and like others said possibly have questions to ask ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I know quite a few that would return on Saturday if Petrie was to leave tomorrow. Nothing to do with anything else. I fully respect that stance as its his constant mistakes that led to years of dire football and the humiliation of relegation.
    Fair enough.

I'd love him to leave ASAP, but he's not and I'm not going to stop supporting my team or live in past bitterness because of it. Helps no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Its about time they put that behind them and got back behind the club, just my opinion of course, but Hibs are more than just Rod Petrie and the club are doing a lot to reunite with the fans and we have recovery and hope on and off the pitch now
    Hibs are more than Rod Petrie. It's time for us all to look forward again and get behind the people running the club now, LD and AS. We've picked over the scabs of what went wrong in the past for far too long.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.