hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Collymore as a pundit. I might not agree with everything he says but he gives an opinion. More than the 'sit-on-the-fence' Michael Owen types. He gets dogs abuse on twitter from UKIP morons and worse. One brain dead fascist actually called him racist for talking about the Black Country!
    I don't really mind him one way or the other. He's opinionated, sometimes right and sometimes wrong but sticks to his convictions and is reasonably fair.

The Old Firm shouldn't really be of any great interest to him and so you wonder why he might be getting involved. The answer is that he's probably had some sickening personal abuse from some of the lowest forms of pond life imaginable (the lowest common denominator at the The Rangers is very low indeed).

Unfortunately that can often send people in totally the wrong direction, and he's gone in the direction of Celtic. A bit like the kind of folk who are disaffected and on the end of pretty horrible racism etc thinking that supporting ISIS (or their like) is the answer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Stan's a motormouth. Can't stand listening to him frankly. Trouble is you switch over and it's Robbie Savage blethering on the other side!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Stan's a motormouth. Can't stand listening to him frankly. Trouble is you switch over and it's Robbie Savage blethering on the other side!
    Worse still could be Alan Preston

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18Y GW View Post
    Worse still could be Alan Preston
    Sorry mate. I can take the ridiculous comparison as a bit of hyperbole but using "Allah Akbar' (sic). It is offensive to Muslim Hibs fans like myself and my family to imply any link between ISIS and Islam but particularly to use Allahu Akbar in a derogoratory or inappropriate way such as celebrating heinous crimes. It means God is greater than anything that is in existence and all goes back to God. It shouldn't be used out of context or without forethought but heyho, freedom of speech, we are free to make fools of ourselves, often in ignorance rather than maliciously I suppose.

ISIS are are total anachronisms. It is like saying the KKK are God fearing Christians. No substance.
    Last edited by Scott Allan Key; 31-01-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupppa Lu Cha View Post
    Sorry mate. I can take the ridiculous comparison as a bit of hyperbole but using "Allah Akbar' (sic). It is offensive to Muslim Hibs fans like myself and my family to imply any link between ISIS and Islam but particularly to use Allahu Akbar in a derogoratory or inappropriate way such as celebtating heinous crimesThey are are total anachronisms. It is like saying the KKK are God fearing Christians. No substance.
    Apologies , it was meant tongue in cheek and it's unfortunate you can't take it like that, this is how many problems start and as in France finish.

Quote Originally Posted by H18Y GW View Post
    Apologies , it was meant tongue in cheek and it's unfortunate you can't take it like that, this is how many problems start and as in France finish.
    You are coming across, on this thread and others, as a very strange individual.