hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

1. Log in to remove the advert

Another quality signing by Stubbs and the club.

Brilliant news!! Respect to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Tonez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keith Watson been signed so I'm told.
    lucky guess

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Very decent signing strengthens the team and squad IMO.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Very decent signing strengthens the team and squad IMO.
    Yes, better balance

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Very pleased with the standard of signing so far under Stubbs, quite surprised we've managed to get Watson as I was under the impression he was a regular starter at United and I'm sure there probably other offers from teams in the top tier. I think we're building a really good team here!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Apologies to the OP for doubting his info (BTW, better get yersel another job if you're away from for an hour and a half during the day )

Now I can say I am actually getting quite excited about what is happening on the football front at Easter Road. There is a very good squad being brought together here and all credit to Stubbs and Leann and the team for this happening.

Impressed by this signing, despite it only being a temporary move.

We're definitely putting everything in place to get promoted.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Impressed by this signing, despite it only being a temporary move.

We're definitely putting everything in place to get promoted.
    I would suggest this might be down to the fact we are in the Championship at the moment and players and club are signing contracts because of this, which allows both sides to re-negotiate at the end of the season once we know where we will be playing next season.
    A sensible move by both club and player IMO.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Brilliant signin...He can play centre half to i think.

Chaps I only post what I was told, it's pretty spot on most of the time. Hibs were originally in for RB Gary Miller but the deal didn't happen, Saints were waiting on a player from hertz and that is thought to have been held up cause Hibs were getting Miller.

The squad continues to get stronger and stronger - very, impressed by the calibre of player we're bringing in. Looking forward to Saturdays again (or whenever we play)!

Chaps I only post what I was told, it's pretty spot on most of the time. Hibs were originally in for RB Gary Miller but the deal didn't happen, Saints were waiting on a player from hertz and that is thought to have been held up cause Hibs were getting Miller.
    Brad McKay

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Now I can say I am actually getting quite excited about what is happening on the football front at Easter Road. There is a very good squad being brought together here and all credit to Stubbs and Leann and the team for this happening.
    This. IF we can get promotion this season, which is definitely within our grasp with the current squad, I really feel the positivity around the club right now could see a huge surge in backing from the fans, hopefully realised through ST sales. Let's hope.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    This. IF we can get promotion this season, which is definitely within our grasp with the current squad, I really feel the positivity around the club right now could see a huge surge in backing from the fans, hopefully realised through ST sales. Let's hope.
    Promotion is a must. I am delighted to see the club now doing all it can to achieve it.

I believe LD when she says she 'gets it'.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Good experience and a good age but I can't imagine he'll be happy playing second fiddle to Gray, who has been a real star for us.
    I guess he can suck it and see until the end of season when he'll be a free agent.
    United must think they have better options and have just brought in McGowan. They might get O'Donnell from Partick in the summer, who is an excellent attacking full-back.
    A bit sad to see Booth move on. He looked like such a bright prospect in that U19 team but that's a while ago now and very few of those guys have done anything.
    He won't be second fiddle to Gray, with DG recovering from surgery at the moment, Watson will go into the team at RB and then the jersey is his to lose.

This is an excellent signing, quality in his own right in two defensive positions, but also allows us to take our time bringing Gray back, letting him build his fitness in reserve matches.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    He won't be second fiddle to Gray, with DG recovering from surgery at the moment, Watson will go into the team at RB and then the jersey is his to lose.

This is an excellent signing, quality in his own right in two defensive positions, but also allows us to take our time bringing Gray back, letting him build his fitness in reserve matches.
    They can both play in the same team. If we play 352, Watson can play in the 3, and Gray wide right

Eliminates the need to play 4 left footed defenders with the signing of Watson / Booth leaving. Better balance.

First Team Breakthrough Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Is Miller out of contract at the end of the season? I'd say he's more of a centre half judging by how much he has bulked up over the past year or so.

If there was poster of the month comp, you would get my vote for your OP.

Well done!

We now have great options in defence and players playing for places all over the line up.What a difference to the pulling names out of a hat of the last few years.Pity to have the press concentrating on the agitators-anything to stoke up trouble I suppose.

Why Booth going west? I don't geddit.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Why Booth going west? I don't geddit.
    Personally, I think Stubbs thinking will be that Booth isn't good enough defensively (if posts on here are to be believed he has spent most of Stubbs' tenure working on the defensive side of his game and hasn't improved enough and hasn't reached e standards expected of him) and with Callum Crane being 1 of only 2 youths signing an extension, he must be highly rated by Stubbs. For Crane to to take the next step in his development, he needs to be involved and around the first squad(like Scott Martin has), hence Booth's exit.

I'd be shocked if we were to bring in another LB.