hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would imagine that both Amit and Frank will have e-mail addresses supplied to them by Hibs where supporters can get in contact them with any issues they may have.

I think it actually may prove to be unwise for board members to debate things on here with posters, it's not as if they are going to give much away and it could just turn into a slagging match that wouldn't do anybody any favours.
    This

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I think you are taking Matty's comments out of context a little. He's not said this forum is the be all and end all - that's would be a ridiculous claim - but he has questioned why one of the reps would not have an on line presence both here and elsewhere. I don't think that's overly harsh or unfair to be honest.

Even Leeann Dempster has an account available here. Not exactly over used, mind you, but she has one!
    You can always read but not comment

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Do think there will be occasions where they can explain the logic behind decisions though. Not every time but on occasion.

That is engaging surely?
    I'm not sure how it will pan out to be honest.

Trouble with open posting on the forums is that you aren't always sure you are dealing with genuine questions or indeed posters.

As with all messageboards there are a lot of imposters whose sole aim is to cause mischief.

FWIW I think both guys are in for a hard time and I hope they are prepared for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Surely what matters is how good a job he does representing the fans on the board? It's irrelevant whether he believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, God or any other mythical being.
    Woe betide ye when ye invoke the wrath of Flying Spaghetti Monster with your heresy. Otherwise you make a fair point.

@hibs.net private member

Trouble with open posting on the forums is that you aren't always sure you are dealing with genuine questions or indeed posters.

As with all messageboards there are a lot of imposters whose sole aim is to cause mischief.

FWIW I think both guys are in for a hard time and I hope they are prepared for it.
    Fair comment

I don't think anyone would expect a fans rep to be answering questions left, right and centre from any posters. If they were to post in a representative capacity it would have to be under strict conditions to avoid the situations you describe, IMHO.

Obviously, but there is no sense in representing the support if you can't explain the logic behind decisions now and then.
    Yes agree, but the board will dictate what be can be talked about and what cant
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

You can always read but not comment
    True, but you can't feedback unless you register

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I would imagine that both Amit and Frank will have e-mail addresses supplied to them by Hibs where supporters can get in contact them with any issues they may have.

I think it actually may prove to be unwise for board members to debate things on here with posters, it's not as if they are going to give much away and it could just turn into a slagging match that wouldn't do anybody any favours.
    What's the difference between discussing things here or face to face? I don't think anyone's expecting big set-to's on subjects, but canvassing opinion or explaining some decisions is surely acceptable?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    I think you are taking Matty's comments out of context a little. He's not said this forum is the be all and end all - that's would be a ridiculous claim - but he has questioned why one of the reps would not have an on line presence both here and elsewhere. I don't think that's overly harsh or unfair to be honest.

Even Leeann Dempster has an account available here. Not exactly over used, mind you, but she has one!
    Maybe Frank's following LD's lead, in reading the posts but not getting involved

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Frank's not my cup of tea but I'm sure I can speak for us all in saying thank god it's not Mike Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Maybe Frank's following LD's lead, in reading the posts but not getting involved
    If Frank or Amit were to post like LD does then I don't think anyone will complain (though if they were a bit more posty than she is that would be appreciated!)

Frank

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    The two 'fans directors' as I see it have a very special part to play on the board. They are to act as a link between fans and the board so that the board will be able to see if their are concerns that fans have. They can discuss these concerns and act upon them if acting is required. Every means of communication should be used, from face to face meetings, 'snail mail' e mail, Hibs website, fans forums and social media. I wish our two new directors an enjoyable time and may theu be successful in their time as directors.

I don't think anyone would expect a fans rep to be answering questions left, right and centre from any posters. If they were to post in a representative capacity it would have to be under strict conditions to avoid the situations you describe, IMHO.
    What you are saying is perfectly reasonable Dave, but not everyone is as reasonable or logical as yourself.

On a Saturday night after a bad result this place can go into a suicidal meltdown and a lot of crazy things get posted, so in my opinion a lot of crazy questions will be asked of these two guys and worse still they will expect answers.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Frank or Amit were to post like LD does then I don't think anyone will complain (though if they were a bit more posty than she is that would be appreciated!)
    I'm sure Amit will carry the word back to the .net hoardes

Frank on the other hand may use other means of communication

@hibs.net private member
    ..........or they get misquoted, the balance they have to hit is to get the board opinion over whilst still engaging with message boards and internet sites. Whilst the internet does not reach out to everyone it is a great way to engage with a large proportion of the support and keep them up to date. If Amit and Frank ignore the boards until 3 months before the next time around folk will remember and vote accordingly next time around. We are aware that they will encounter a lot of board confidentiality and must adhere to that but to give a "feel" and logic as to why many decisions are taken would not be unreasonable.

The board have not been great in engaging with support to date and this should be a bridge.

What you are saying is perfectly reasonable Dave, but not everyone is as reasonable or logical as yourself.

On a Saturday night after a bad result this place can go into a suicidal meltdown and a lot of crazy things get posted, so in my opinion a lot of crazy questions will be asked of these two guys and worse still they will expect answers.
    Oh I know, it's usually me starting the threads

In that situation, no-one of sane mind would be expecting or demanding answers from fans rep's. In any case, I would not expect the guys to post in those sort of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What's the difference between discussing things here or face to face? I don't think anyone's expecting big set-to's on subjects, but canvassing opinion or explaining some decisions is surely acceptable?
    Because somebody asking a specific question might not want everyone to know the answer, similar I suppose as why people on here can send private messages.

Canvassing opinions I would have no gripe with whatsoever if that is the avenue the guys want to go down, as for explaining some decisions that may or may not be permitted by the board.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

Big Frank may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's won comfortably, yet because he doesn't post on here he comes in for criticism. Absolutely ridiculous, people exaggerate the importance of a message board which is but one way in which Hibs fans communicate with each other.
    It's not about being a member of posting from now on. It's more about not engaging with us in the run up and voting. I'd like to have heard from him and maybe for him to answer some questions.

Would a prospective MP decide not to appear on local radio to make himself known and debate issues because he doesn't normally listen to the radio or call phone ins?

Left by mutual consent!
    Looking at the results, it seems that Frank's campaign seems to have steamrollered the others by a stretch.

I think the two more prominent posters from here and the bounce picked up lots of votes though. Well done to all
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 26-01-2015 at 09:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Why have the club not published the full result? Surely in the new transparent Hibs the electorate deserve to know the full result.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Why have the club not published the full result? Surely in the new transparent Hibs the electorate deserve to know the full result.
    Why?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Well done to both winners. I'm sure you'll give your all to the role.

If anyone wants to follow Frank on twitter, https://twitter.com/BigfrankBig

First Team Breakthrough
    Congrats to both lads.
    i've had the pleasure of sitting at the same table as Amit at the Bank of Scotland FC sportsman's dinner for the past few years at the PBS (I know ! ) and I know how committed he is and will do a great job.

Also have the pleasure (?) of sitting within earshot of Frank in the West lower. Different characters but sure they will compliment each other well and know they are both committed Hibbys.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Looking at the results, it seems that Frank's campaign seems to have steamrollered the others by a stretch.

I think the two more prominent posters from here and the bounce picked up lots of votes though. Well done to all
    Perhaps that illustrates the reach of the forums, how would Amit have fared without an online presence? He got my vote from his contribution on here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm completely humbled by the opportunity (still hasn't sunk in!).

Mikey - Thanks for the Avatar.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Well done mate 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Perhaps that illustrates the reach of the forums, how would Amit have fared without an online presence? He got my vote from his contribution on here.

Nobody got near the man in first place though, even with both Kevin and Amit doing the rounds of behind the goals, posting on the boards, and the HSA.

I'm sure the lads will do a good job though and even although Frank may not come onto the boards to discuss things, I think Amit will.

Over to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Depends what Mandate they have from the Board, to discuss certain areas?
    And there was me thinking their mandate(s) would come from the support! ;-)
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Why?
    Why not? I've never heard of an election where the full result does not get published.