hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am i the only one that just doesn't get this? So far all I've really heard is about how they will help with communication between fans and the board. In what way?

If they are going to canvass the opinion of fans on here and the Bounce then surely the existing Board could just continue reading what's being said as they do now!

I'm really not wanting to rain on anyone's parade and congrats to the 2 lads but to me a bigger board just means longer meetings and more difficulty in arriving at decisions.

There could potentially be more board members from HSL too.

So we have fans voting for board members, HSL members voting for HSL Board members, HSL Board members voting for HFC board members.

I'm sure there a valid reasons and I'm not against it in any way but to me, as soon as they take up their posts they become a director the same as the rest. I just don't get it.

What issues are we talking about that might change? Kick off times / TV / Pricing ??? How much of an impact can anyone have on these things?

Will they have a say on who our next manager is? Or decide to sack Stubbs somewhere down the line?

Can they get us white sleeves again?

What am I missing?
    I think the board will change shortly. Got to be careful I don't sound bitter but it is nothing I would not have said if I had made it onto the Board.

Some Directors should look in the mirror. They were on the watch when we were relegated and have to accept culpability for it. They should resign. I hope they realise their position and do what is best for our club. I am sure the Board will change, good luck to the guys and make sure our voice is heard.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done Amit and Frank. Im sure both will be good acquisitions to the board. Frank skooshed the vote despite not engaging on here. He obviously has the ear of the core support and will continue to do so with his presence in and around all Hibs games including u20s games. Hibs.net is a good tool but only scratches the surface of the core support.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Kevin, you fought a good campaign on here. Keep up the good work you do with Hibs, maybe your time in 2 years time
    Kevin I thought you presented in a very positive way. You have done good work via the 'School project and the 1914 project' We have worked for some time on the WT process. I gave you my second vote as I know you have contributed a lot of time on making our club a better club. I hope you will stand in the future and perhaps then your time will come to served as a Hibs director. In this time there are many things that we can all do to make our club a better one. The WT process is a good vehicle for making this happen.
    regards
    Gerard

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Well done Amit and Frank. Im sure both will be good acquisitions to the board. Frank skooshed the vote despite not engaging on here. He obviously has the ear of the core support and will continue to do so with his presence in and around all Hibs games including u20s games. Hibs.net is a good tool but only scratches the surface of the core support.
    Representing the core support is all well and good but he has to represent the wider support, not just the hardcore that he knows.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Representing the core support is all well and good but he has to represent the wider support, not just the hardcore that he knows.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Matty, I love Hibs.net as much as the next member but you are way over the top with this criticism of Frank because he doesn't post.

All thread you have been on about it so to me you are overestimating the power of the net or you have an agenda against Frank Dougan.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    There are currently 182 people viewing just this thread as I type this, how long would Frank have to stand to get the opinion of all these people?

I think that its really important that both the reps are available via the internet, It's the way of the world now and without doubt the easiest way to cast a wider net of supporter opinion. I'm not suggesting they spend hours on end on social media, but even once a week/month (depending on demand) starting a moderated thread for supporter views and opinions on both here and the Bounce, These threads would allow everyone to have a voice, and more importantly a voice that they know is being heard by the people that are able to take their views to the board room.

This is a chance for the support to be heard, I hope that both Frank and Amit make it as easy as possible for that to happen.

Congratulations to them both.
    Absolutely.

It would be a travesty if the 100s or 1,000s on here and on the Bounce weren't given a hearing by both candidates.

I don't think it's good enough for one to say I'll look after this faction and ignore the rest. Both are there to represent the support.
    Space to let

Representing the core support is all well and good but he has to represent the wider support, not just the hardcore tsomeone who knows.
    Of course and im sure Frank will find a balance which suits him. Im also sure he will not waste too much time on social media liaising with someone who has maybe been to 2 games in 12 years.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Congratulations to the 2 successful candidates, I wish you both the very best of luck in the new roles. I have to say I was fully expecting Amit and Kevin Martin to be the duo who won through based on the thread on here.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity for people to converse with Frank in and around Easter Road and indeed at away games. Those who attend neither can always send him a letter

@hibs.net private member
    Of course and im sure Frank will find a balance which suits him. Im also sure he will not waste too much time on social media liaising with someone who has maybe been to 2 games in 12 years.
    Will he waste his time on social media with someone that's been to 500 games in the last 12 years?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Matty, I love Hibs.net as much as the next member but you are way over the top with this criticism of Frank because he doesn't post.

All thread you have been on about it so to me you are overestimating the power of the net or you have an agenda against Frank Dougan.
    I tried to be clear that I have nothing against Frank, and I genuinely wish him all the best in the role (I've said that a few times, and I mean it), it's not about the power of hibs.net but IMHO it is important that the supporter's rep does exactly that and it's my view that to do so effectively an online presence is essential. I'd have made it a pre-requisite of the role, to be honest.

I've no axe to grind with Frank, none at all. I hope he does a great job.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsdancer View Post
    Core support is hibs support. Internet fans don't help you win three points
    He needs to appeal to the wider support to win them back though.

Should point out I don't really give a monkeys if he posts or not. If anything I'd think it's probably a good idea not to post, I think most folk, myself included obviously, talk utter ***** on here abd particularly in defeat say things you don't really mean. Any slip of the tongue on here and it'll be held against him and used at every opportunity.

I don't think a director posting on hibs.net will have any bearing on the club at all. Probably a good idea for him and the other directors to read it though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What about the season ticket holders who are online?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Will he waste his time on social media with someone that's been to 500 games in the last 2 years?
    How did you manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Congratulations to the 2 successful candidates, I wish you both the very best of luck in the new roles. I have to say I was fully expecting Amit and Kevin Martin to be the duo who won through based on the thread on here.
    The voting stations at Behind the Goals seemed fairly busy so I would guess a lot of votes were cast by non internet users and it would be fair to assume a well known match day face like Frank Dougan would get a decent amount of support from those voters.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    How did you manage that?
    Sky sports and bt subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Sky sports and bt subscription.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Kevin I thought you presented in a very positive way. You have done good work via the 'School project and the 1914 project' We have worked for some time on the WT process. I gave you my second vote as I know you have contributed a lot of time on making our club a better club. I hope you will stand in the future and perhaps then your time will come to served as a Hibs director. In this time there are many things that we can all do to make our club a better one. The WT process is a good vehicle for making this happen.
    regards
    Gerard
    Thanks Gerard

Just wish I hadn't been volunteered to chair the next meeting! :-)

See you next month.

I hope one of the first things the new reps do is to ban multi-quoting whilst taking about the Hibees Does my nut in

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I tried to be clear that I have nothing against Frank, and I genuinely wish him all the best in the role (I've said that a few times, and I mean it), it's not about the power of hibs.net but IMHO it is important that the supporter's rep does exactly that and it's my view that to do so effectively an online presence is essential. I'd have made it a pre-requisite of the role, to be honest.

I've no axe to grind with Frank, none at all. I hope he does a great job.
    I would imagine that both Amit and Frank will have e-mail addresses supplied to them by Hibs where supporters can get in contact them with any issues they may have.

I think it actually may prove to be unwise for board members to debate things on here with posters, it's not as if they are going to give much away and it could just turn into a slagging match that wouldn't do anybody any favours.

I would imagine that both Amit and Frank will have e-mail addresses supplied to them by Hibs where supporters can get in contact them with any issues they may have.

I think it actually may prove to be unwise for board members to debate things on here with posters, it's not as if they are going to give much away and it could just turn into a slagging match that wouldn't do anybody any favours.
    In a nutshell
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Do think there will be occasions where they can explain the logic behind decisions though. Not every time but on occasion.

That is engaging surely?

Big Frank may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's won comfortably, yet because he doesn't post on here he comes in for criticism. Absolutely ridiculous, people exaggerate the importance of a message board which is but one way in which Hibs fans communicate with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Do think there will be occasions where they can explain the logic behind decisions though. Not every time but on occasion.

That is engaging surely?
    Depends what Mandate they have from the Board, to discuss certain areas?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Thanks Gerard

Just wish I hadn't been volunteered to chair the next meeting! :-)

See you next month.
    I think that you can blame me for suggesting that you chair the next meeting of WT. When I chair meetings I say very little as I tend to give the maximum time for members to contribute to the meeting. I think that the next meeeting of WT will be as well attended as the last 2 ones. There will be a lot of issues that will be raised for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

Big Frank may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's won comfortably, yet because he doesn't post on here he comes in for criticism. Absolutely ridiculous, people exaggerate the importance of a message board which is but one way in which Hibs fans communicate with each other.
    I think you are taking Matty's comments out of context a little. He's not said this forum is the be all and end all - that's would be a ridiculous claim - but he has questioned why one of the reps would not have an on line presence both here and elsewhere. I don't think that's overly harsh or unfair to be honest.

Even Leeann Dempster has an account available here. Not exactly over used, mind you, but she has one!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Depends what Mandate they have from the Board, to discuss certain areas?
    Obviously, but there is no sense in representing the support if you can't explain the logic behind decisions now and then.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

Hold on, I'm not criticising anyone, he's been in the post two minutes!! He might decide to get on here, again I've said I'm not going to criticise someone for something that's not happened yet!

Left by mutual consent!