hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @hibsnet is now following Frank Dougan on Twitter and any Tweets will appear in the Twitter thingumybob on the PM board.
    There are quite a few Amit Moudgil's on Twitter but I can't see ours. Might just pick one at random for a laugh

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Well done both.
    I couldn't care less if Frank Dougan doesn't post on here.
    In fact , I'd rather he didn't .
    How much utter drivel gets posted on here ? How many undercover rival fans are on here ?

Good luck to both guys.
    Don't think I've met Amit.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Haha FD will not be happy being mixed up with someone else (ask Boris)
    ....Especially when it is Mike Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Well done both.
    I couldn't care less if Frank Dougan doesn't post on here.
    In fact , I'd rather he didn't .
    How much utter drivel gets posted on here ? How many undercover rival fans are on here ?

Good luck to both guys.
    Don't think I've met Amit.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Well done to both and wish them both plenty of success. Personally i;d rather not have a rep with a strong religious background, but I'm sure the position won't be abused to push that agenda.
    I'm confused. What agenda are you referring to?

Huge congratulations to Amit

Although I didn't vote for Frank I'm hoping to be convinced he's the right man for the job and I genuinely wish him the very best of luck. I hope I'm eating humble pie soon.

Ive followed Hibernian for 40 odd years and have seen FD home and away for the majority of those years. Whilst my situation means that my loyalty has waned due to health and unemployment issues i believe big Frank ( not so big now) is still as passionate in his support for HFC as he was all those years ago.
    He may not be pc friendly but im sure with the proper guidance he will get up to speed.
    Good luck to Amit and Frank.
    B

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done to both and wish them both plenty of success. Personally i;d rather not have a rep with a strong religious background, but I'm sure the position won't be abused to push that agenda.
    And what agenda would that be? So what if he has done charitable work with the Stella Maris....sure Tom Farmer knows Frank well from his duties at the church. Oh another historical link to the Hibs as well through St Mary's!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Well done to both, first met Frank in 91/92 when he used to sit in front of me in the old West stand or whatever it was called then, my first season as a Hibs supporter and I had to listen to Frank every home game, he was considerably bigger then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    And what agenda would that be? So what if he has done charitable work with the Stella Maris....sure Tom Farmer knows Frank well from his duties at the church. Oh another historical link to the Hibs as well through St Mary's!
    For once I agree with you, he shouldn't be criticised for that.
    Do you mean Stella Maris, the seafarers charity by the way?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    I wouldn't vote for an MP that believes in mythical beings either. I'm sure he will do his best to represent the majority of Hibs fans on all Hibs matters.

I wouldn't vote for an MP that believes in mythical beings either. I'm sure he will do his best to represent the majority of Hibs fans on all Hibs matters.
    Surely what matters is how good a job he does representing the fans on the board? It's irrelevant whether he believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, God or any other mythical being.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Congratulations to both guys on taking up their position on the Board of Hibernian FC. Great result for you both

I hope you both have a very enjoyable time throughout your time in office.

Best wishes to the remaining candidates, and better luck next time

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i hope FD's first task will be giving the poster known as blackpoolhibs a free programme for a match of his choice

congrats to the two selected

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i hope FD's first task will be giving the poster known as blackpoolhibs a free programme for a match of his choice

congrats to the two selected

Aye very good, well done the winners.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Aye very good, well done the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Surely what matters is how good a job he does representing the fans on the board? It's irrelevant whether he believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, God or any other mythical being.
    Yes 100% agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Congratulations to both.

2 completely different generations and styles represented so it could work out as a nice balance.
    That was a good idea by Hibs.. Might just help by Keeping older Values Traditions and opinions alive..

There maybe a rule about using the internet unwisely? Not all supporter's are pc literate, so maybe Amit can be social media, and Frank the face to face rep?
    I can understand This.. Stay away from FacelessBook whilst Drunk folks..

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    ....I can assure Frank knows how to work a computer

Yes - and he Probably does not want a thousand tweets every time Hibs lose a game

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There are quite a few Amit Moudgil's on Twitter but I can't see ours. Might just pick one at random for a laugh
    I'll get myself set up with one

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    For once I agree with you, he shouldn't be criticised for that.
    Do you mean Stella Maris, the seafarers charity by the way?
    St Mary's Star of the Sea (St Mary's Stella Maris) 106 Constitution Street Leith. CMS (Formerly CYMS) connection. Frank will know my family as my dad and uncle (RIP both) were past presidents

@hibs.net private member
    Firstly well done to both candidates do us proud.

Can I also take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who voted for me. Will still happily do my best for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Can I also take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who voted for me. Will still happily do my best for Hibs.
    Kevin, you fought a good campaign on here. Keep up the good work you do with Hibs, maybe your time in 2 years time

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I don`t see the issue at all with Frank Dougan not spending time on fans forums. He has been elected to represent the supporters, and as such, his attendance at pretty much every home and away game means he will be easily accessible to said supporters who wish to discuss any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm completely humbled by the opportunity (still hasn't sunk in!).

Mikey - Thanks for the Avatar.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Well done Amit. You got my vote bud.

First Team Breakthrough invisible man's Avatar
    Haha FD will not be happy being mixed up with someone else (ask Boris)

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think it's poor if he doesn't, to be honest. I've not got time to find folk at games and generally can't get to the under 20's games either. I would have thought an online presence would have been essential for the role, I'm surprised Hibs didn't vet him out the process if he made it clear he had no intention of coming online.

The total vote wasn't massive though, was it? I've no qualms with the results, by the way, and I've nothing against Frank at all - I'm just making the point that if he's going to be representative of the support then he needs to cover more bases than he has so far.
    So long as he doesn't masquerade as Glorious St Pat on here I'm happy to see how he goes in the role.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don`t see the issue at all with Frank Dougan not spending time on fans forums. He has been elected to represent the supporters, and as such, his attendance at pretty much every home and away game means he will be easily accessible to said supporters who wish to discuss any issues.
    There are currently 182 people viewing just this thread as I type this, how long would Frank have to stand to get the opinion of all these people?

I think that its really important that both the reps are available via the internet, It's the way of the world now and without doubt the easiest way to cast a wider net of supporter opinion. I'm not suggesting they spend hours on end on social media, but even once a week/month (depending on demand) starting a moderated thread for supporter views and opinions on both here and the Bounce, These threads would allow everyone to have a voice, and more importantly a voice that they know is being heard by the people that are able to take their views to the board room.

This is a chance for the support to be heard, I hope that both Frank and Amit make it as easy as possible for that to happen.

Congratulations to them both.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    There are currently 182 people viewing just this thread as I type this, how long would Frank have to stand to get the opinion of all these people?

I think that its really important that both the reps are available via the internet, It's the way of the world now and without doubt the easiest way to cast a wider net of supporter opinion. I'm not suggesting they spend hours on end on social media, but even once a week/month (depending on demand) starting a moderated thread for supporter views and opinions on both here and the Bounce, These threads would allow everyone to have a voice, and more importantly a voice that they know is being heard by the people that are able to take their views to the board room.

This is a chance for the support to be heard, I hope that both Frank and Amit make it as easy as possible for that to happen.

Congratulations to them both.
    Well said.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Tough luck Kevin, close but no cigar as they say.

Dougan got the other family votes because I've known and seen ( more likely heard ) Frank at the games since the 60/70's and think that he is an easily recognised figure amongst nearly all our support.

As for Frank not using social media , it was mostly anti-social communications back in those days, but I'm he's mellowed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Tough luck Kevin, close but no cigar as they say.

Dougan got the other family votes because I've known and seen ( more likely heard ) Frank at the games since the 60/70's and think that he is an easily recognised figure amongst nearly all our support.

As for Frank not using social media , it was mostly anti-social communications back in those days, but I'm he's mellowed.
    Thanks, hurting tonight but well done to the guys.

Hope Frank does engage online. It will help him relate supporters views.

Sure Amit will.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Am i the only one that just doesn't get this? So far all I've really heard is about how they will help with communication between fans and the board. In what way?

If they are going to canvass the opinion of fans on here and the Bounce then surely the existing Board could just continue reading what's being said as they do now!

I'm really not wanting to rain on anyone's parade and congrats to the 2 lads but to me a bigger board just means longer meetings and more difficulty in arriving at decisions.

There could potentially be more board members from HSL too.

So we have fans voting for board members, HSL members voting for HSL Board members, HSL Board members voting for HFC board members.

I'm sure there a valid reasons and I'm not against it in any way but to me, as soon as they take up their posts they become a director the same as the rest. I just don't get it.

What issues are we talking about that might change? Kick off times / TV / Pricing ??? How much of an impact can anyone have on these things?

Will they have a say on who our next manager is? Or decide to sack Stubbs somewhere down the line?

Can they get us white sleeves again?

What am I missing?