hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? I've never heard of an election where the full result does not get published.
    Because they don't have to as they aren't bound by any electoral rules and maybe they don't want to embarrass the guy who came last with three votes. There's no point.

Please, let's not use this as a stick to beat the club with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Maybe Frank's following LD's lead, in reading the posts but not getting involved
    Knowing Frank for many years, I would suggest that this wise approach is exactly what I would expect him to do

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think it's poor if he doesn't, to be honest. I've not got time to find folk at games and generally can't get to the under 20's games either. I would have thought an online presence would have been essential for the role, I'm surprised Hibs didn't vet him out the process if he made it clear he had no intention of coming online.

The total vote wasn't massive though, was it? I've no qualms with the results, by the way, and I've nothing against Frank at all - I'm just making the point that if he's going to be representative of the support then he needs to cover more bases than he has so far.
    Give Frank a break FFS - the decision has just been announced and you're making assertions that he won't use social media to communicate with fans. As BF states, anyone that has supported the team home and away will know who he us - I'm talking decades of following our Club.
    You may well be proved correct that Frank's preference is not to use social media - time will tell. Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I think the board will change shortly. Got to be careful I don't sound bitter but it is nothing I would not have said if I had made it onto the Board.

Some Directors should look in the mirror. They were on the watch when we were relegated and have to accept culpability for it. They should resign. I hope they realise their position and do what is best for our club. I am sure the Board will change, good luck to the guys and make sure our voice is heard.
    Which Directors? You say some "some".

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Well done Amit and Frank. Im sure both will be good acquisitions to the board. Frank skooshed the vote despite not engaging on here.. Hibs.net is a good tool but only scratches the surface of the core support.
    Well said Brooster. A number of regular posters on . net need to consider your final point.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post
    Well said Brooster. A number of regular posters on . net need to consider your final point.
    It's one we understand thanks. Our point was that the various supporters groups or online communities all only scratch the surface and someone who is there to represent the fans should make the effort to know and be known across all those areas.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Give Frank a break FFS - the decision has just been announced and you're making assertions that he won't use social media to communicate with fans. As BF states, anyone that has supported the team home and away will know who he us - I'm talking decades of following our Club.
    You may well be proved correct that Frank's preference is not to use social media - time will tell. Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?
    Have you read all my posts on this thread??!

I've gone out of my way to a) wish Frank all the best in the role, and b) make it clear I am not criticising the guy for something that hasn't happened!

I don't know Frank, I have no reason at all to be unhappy at his appointment, I really hope he does well.

I believe that in order to do the role justice he needs to also represent the online Hibs support, as does Amit.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Have you read all my posts on this thread??!

I've gone out of my way to a) wish Frank all the best in the role, and b) make it clear I am not criticising the guy for something that hasn't happened!

I don't know Frank, I have no reason at all to be unhappy at his appointment, I really hope he does well.

I believe that in order to do the role justice he needs to also represent the online Hibs support, as does Amit.
    Yes I did read your posts and try as you might to hide your feelings,IMO you are not entirely comfortable that he has been elected. Well ahead of the pack!
    I agree with your final point. Let him get his legs under his desk first.

@hibs.net private member
    Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?
    Be interesting to hear these stats.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Social media use. If this forms part of the job role then we will see our non-exec directors on here and other Hibs boards. If they are missing then we can bump our gums about it.

If it (social media) is not on the job spec then we might/might not see them on various Hibs boards. We can't bump our gums about it if this is the case.

Simples and all the best to both Amit and Frank.

@hibs.net private member
    Which Directors? You say some "some".
    The Board is now larger by 4 members than it was last year at this time so I would anticipate some that have been there over the past few years of failure. Not sure which ones though.
    Last edited by PatHead; 27-01-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?
    Here's a snapshot.......

Total guests that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 13,480

The most guests online over 24 hours was 21,254, 28-05-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yes I did read your posts and try as you might to hide your feelings,IMO you are not entirely comfortable that he has been elected. Well ahead of the pack!
    I agree with your final point. Let him get his legs under his desk first.
    I will say it again, I'm completely comfortable with Frank getting voted in, I have no complaints about it whatsoever, and, again, I wish him all the very best in the role.

I'm entitled to voice that I think any person taking the role as a supporter's representative on the board should be making the effort to engage with as wide a section of the hibs support as possible so that they do the role justice, just as you are entitled to disagree with that.

There are no personal feelings attached to that, if Amit (who I voted for) doesn't come online then I'll feel exactly the same, that he's missed a trick and not done the role properly.

Again, there hasn't been time for the new board members to do anything, so I'm not criticising anyone or giving anyone a hard time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Here's a snapshot.......
    I think those stats reflect the importance of engaging with the online community. We're not talking small numbers here.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I'm struggling to understand why Matty is getting a hard time here. All he has said is that he would like to see Frank make himself available on the fans forums. He has acknowledged that Frank may well do this, but seeing that he didnt feel the need while trying to get the post, he is concerned that he won't do so now he is in post.

I understand where Matty is coming from. I certainly don't see any animosity. He has congratulated him (several times). I think between Amit and Frank, as long as they work out some kind of social media contact (maybe a fans rep account that they both use), then everyone will be happy.

First Team Breakthrough
    I will say it again, I'm completely comfortable with Frank getting voted in, I have no complaints about it whatsoever, and, again, I wish him all the very best in the role.

I'm entitled to voice that I think any person taking the role as a supporter's representative on the board should be making the effort to engage with as wide a section of the hibs support as possible so that they do the role justice, just as you are entitled to disagree with that.

I agree with your sentiments that effort is needed to engage with as many as possible and if you read my post you would see that i didn't say this was not required. All I'm saying is give him a chance to consider his strategy, which I'm sure he has already prepared in the hope that he may have got the favourable vote of confidence. If he decides against using the forums to communicate certain issues or indeed topics that the Board feel is open to general debate (see Baldy Foghorns post on this point), then i agree with you a trick will have been missed.

Now that both A and F are elected as non-executive Directors, they need to think very carefully about their approach to communication, both individually and collaboratively. As previous posters have stated, social media forums can be very dangerous. I'm pretty sure that they will both be "briefed" on the do's and dont's.

I sincerely hope this works out for both Amit and Frank and the Board for progressing with this strategy. Personally I am still very sceptical but appreciate as a change to the "norm" this will evolve over the comings months.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Here's a snapshot.......

Total guests that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 13,480

They are impressive figures, but we only muster up just over half of that at home matches at present, with a couple of thousand travelling to away games. Frank and Amit are supporters reps, so it`s natural to assume that those supporters are represented first and foremost. Frank is a well known face on matchdays, and I`m sure Amit will also be so quite quickly.

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    They are impressive figures, but we only muster up just over half of that at home matches at present, with a couple of thousand travelling to away games. Frank and Amit are supporters reps, so it`s natural to assume that those supporters are represented first and foremost. Frank is a well known face on matchdays, and I`m sure Amit will also be so quite quickly.
    I understand your point mate but I go to every home game and used to go to all away games. I have never spoken to Frank or Amit and it is not practical to expect to be able to speak to either of them 'at the game'. Similarly I do not have time to go to the pub/BTG before the game, so my method of contact would be via something like this forum. Not the only way, but a very useful way. There will be many people like me I think, and so that is why both reps, IMHO, need to make use of ALL types of social interaction, be it face to face or electronic.

By the way this is not aimed personally at you Carheenlea!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    I understand your point mate but I go to every home game and used to go to all away games. I have never spoken to Frank or Amit and it is not practical to expect to be able to speak to either of them 'at the game'. Similarly I do not have time to go to the pub/BTG before the game, so my method of contact would be via something like this forum. Not the only way, but a very useful way. There will be many people like me I think, and so that is why both reps, IMHO, need to make use of ALL types of social interaction, be it face to face or electronic.

By the way this is not aimed personally at you Carheenlea!
    I think Amit looks like he will be make more use of social media, and as has been suggested earlier, both should have direct email accounts that the club will likely make available once they get the AGM out the way and give both new reps a more public introduction.

But how many were Yams?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think Amit looks like he will be make more use of social media, and as has been suggested earlier, both should have direct email accounts that the club will likely make available once they get the AGM out the way and give both new reps a more public introduction.
    I suppose I don't understand why someone might choose not to use something when it's readily available and gives access to a section of the support.

Surely it's reasonable to expect the supporters' reps to be flexible to accommodate a large chunk of fans rather than take a 'my way or the highway' approach?

First Team Breakthrough Sauzee07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibz
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    But how many were Yams?
    400,000 would be my guess. Oh wait.....

Congratulations to both guys, and good luck to you both in your new roles. Another move in the right direction for Hibernian FC.

PS: Are there any other clubs in Scotland with fans on the board as non executive directors?

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    I suppose I don't understand why someone might choose not to use something when it's readily available and gives access to a section of the support.

Surely it's reasonable to expect the supporters' reps to be flexible to accommodate a large chunk of fans rather than take a 'my way or the highway' approach?
    I guess the bases are covered with Amit being online, Frank more likely to (i'm guessing) manage more games (and over the various age ranges) than Amit.
    Although there are still a huge chunk of fans who don't attend and don't use social media. Perhaps time for Frank and Amit to hit the telephone trail and explain what they're doing?

Well done Frank delighted for you ! (and Amit)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Have the reps been given hibs email addresses yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Have the reps been given hibs email addresses yet?
    If you've not had an answer by Thursday, I will ask them at the St Pats branch meeting and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    If you've not had an answer by Thursday, I will ask them at the St Pats branch meeting and get back to you.
    Hi folks. My appointment paper was sent out today and I've a meeting on Friday at Easter Road. Don't officially join the Board until 24th February.

Cheers,

Amit