hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: NEW NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS ELECTED BY SUPPORTERS

More...

Hibernian FC today announced the result of the election of new Non-Executive Directors by the club’s supporters.

The two, who will represent the views of supporters on the Club’s Board, are Frank Dougan (who polled 571 votes) and Amit Moudgil (who polled 343 votes) out of a total of more than 3,000 votes cast.

Hibernian would like to thank all of the 17 candidates who took part, demonstrating great commitment and desire to be engaged with, and involved in, the future of their Club. Several have already indicated their desire to continue to assist the Club.

Outside of the two elected, those who finished highest in the poll were Kevin Martin (297 votes), Duncan Walker (248 votes) and Gordon Munro (238 votes).

The newly elected candidates will officially join the Board at the next meeting in February.

Commenting, Rod Petrie, Chairman, said: “The Club said it was committed to greater supporter representation, and I am delighted that so many supporters took the time to vote. We will welcome the new directors to the Board at our next scheduled meeting and look forward to their insight and input.”

Leeann Dempster, Chief Executive, said: “In our consultation poll, 85% of supporters said they wanted fan representation on the Board. We’ve listened, and this is a further demonstration of the enormous change taking place at the Club.”
    Last edited by Mikey; 26-01-2015 at 04:42 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Well done to Frank and Amit.

Hopefully we'll see Frank on here at some point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Great news, the fans have voted, let's get behind these 2 guys. I spoke to Frank on Saturday, but I haven't met Amit yes

Well done Frank and Amit....

Lots of votes for Frank, considering he didn't use social media vehicle...
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Coaching Staff

Well done Amit and Frank.

I'd like to have seen Frank engage on here though - will he do that in his role? He should. There's more to Hibs fans than the supporter associations.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Well done Amit and Frank.

I'd like to have seen Frank engage on here though - will he do that in his role? He should. There's more to Hibs fans than the supporter associations.
    That was my biggest concern about Frank being nominated, I posted during the nominations that if a candidate couldn't be bothered getting on here then they were wasting everyone's time by putting themselves forward for the role because they have to represent here and the Bounce as well.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Well done both and best of luck going forward. I'm sure both will give 100% to the roles

That was my biggest concern about Frank being nominated, I posted during the nominations that if a candidate couldn't be bothered getting on here then they were wasting everyone's time by putting themselves forward for the role because they have to represent here and the Bounce as well.
    He finished first so he must have the ear of a few supporters. Maybe Amit can be the one that deals with gauging online opinion.

Coaching Staff
    Didn't put himself forward as I recall either - I hope he makes the effort to make this position work for all the fans wherever they might 'hang out'. Still, the people have spoken.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    He finished first so he must have the ear of a few supporters. Maybe Amit can be the one that deals with gauging online opinion.
    They should both be doing it, IMHO. Maybe he will, I am not about to start giving the guy grief for something he hasn't not done yet (is there a thread about that on here?).

I wish them both the best of luck though - it's a thankless task by the look of it, and they've got their work cut out trying to keep everyone happy.

Look forward to Frank and Amit coming on here and letting us know how it's going!
    Space to let

Indeed

Thanks guys. I'm completely humbled by the opportunity (still hasn't sunk in!).

Mikey - Thanks for the Avatar.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

They should both be doing it, IMHO. Maybe he will, I am not about to start giving the guy grief for something he hasn't not done yet (is there a thread about that on here?).

I wish them both the best of luck though - it's a thankless task by the look of it, and they've got their work cut out trying to keep everyone happy.
    Maybe Frank doesn't know one end of a PC from the other and I suppose it wouldn't be fair to ask him to use a medium he isn't comfortable with.

To some people an iPad is something you apply after an injury.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Maybe Frank doesn't know one end of a PC from the other and I suppose it wouldn't be fair to ask him to use a medium he isn't comfortable with.

How long would it take to learn how to use hibs.net or the bounce? Have you seen some of the posts on here - we're not talking about the intellectual elite!!

Of course it would be fair to ask him, he's put himself out there to represent us, we never asked him to go for it. If he's not willing to represent us then he should let whoever came third take his place IMHO.

Anyway, as I said - I'm not wanting to hang the guy out to dry for something that he hasn't done (or hasn't not done), I wish him every success in the role (so long as he actually represents us!).

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post

Haven't met you Amit, congratulations

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I know Frank pretty well but who's Amit??

First Team Breakthrough
    Thanks to all who gave me their vote. Let's all get behind Frank and Amit and make all our voices heard. Well done Frank and Amit - I know that you will do a good job.

@hibs.net private member

Have we elected a 20th century NED for the 21st century?

I'll send the club a telegram in the morning to ask.

Coaching Staff

I think its fair to ask fans reps on the board to try and represent the entire body of the Hibs support and to make the effort to learn the various way to do that.

It would be the same if someone has used social media - they should also be seeing people in the supporters clubs and pubs.

@hibs.net private member
    Not all fans use message boards. Clearly Frank is well known amongst the support. The key for both of them is supporter engagement and that must be in many formats

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy the role.

Also, well done for 'outing yourself' on here... I recall discussion around this, but I think if you are going to engage on social media and are in a position of responsibility at the club, then it is only fair that we all know who you are, so to speak.

I don't think it's essential that Frank does do social media - he got huge backing, so would be ridiculous to say he is somehow unrepresentative of the supporters. But it would be great if Hibs.net could post contact details for the both of you... even if it means someone at Hibs printing out Frank's emails for him!

How long would it take to learn how to use hibs.net or the bounce? Have you seen some of the posts on here - we're not talking about the intellectual elite!!

Of course it would be fair to ask him, he's put himself out there to represent us, we never asked him to go for it. If he's not willing to represent us then he should let whoever came third take his place IMHO.

Anyway, as I said - I'm not wanting to hang the guy out to dry for something that he hasn't done (or hasn't not done), I wish him every success in the role (so long as he actually represents us!).
    Matty, I see Frank at every away game. He's always near the front and always willing and available for a chat, whenever I see him

Congratulations to both.

2 completely different generations and styles represented so it could work out as a nice balance.

First Team Breakthrough

Congtrats Amit now give us supporters a voice
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Congratulations, I hope you enjoy the role.

Also, well done for 'outing yourself' on here... I recall discussion around this, but I think if you are going to engage on social media and are in a position of responsibility at the club, then it is only fair that we all know who you are, so to speak.

I don't think it's essential that Frank does do social media - he got huge backing, so would be ridiculous to say he is somehow unrepresentative of the supporters. But it would be great if Hibs.net could post contact details for the both of you... even if it means someone at Hibs printing out Frank's emails for him!
    571 isn't what I'd call huge backing, given the size of the support. That's more unrepresentative of the Hibs support than Hibs.net with our thousands fo users. It's just scratching the surface of the support.

He might have every intention of getting on here, I hope he does. I'm sure the people that voted for him did so in the knowledge that he'll be good for the role and I'm happy to go with that view.

571 isn't what I'd call huge backing, given the size of the support. That's more unrepresentative of the Hibs support than Hibs.net with our thousands fo users. It's just scratching the surface of the support.

He might have every intention of getting on here, I hope he does. I'm sure the people that voted for him did so in the knowledge that he'll be good for the role and I'm happy to go with that view.
    It is 20% of the total vote Matty.....

Don't think FD will use .net or bounce, but he is seen at every game, and under 20's matches too..... Easy to recognise and sure most people know of him

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It is 20% of the total vote Matty.....

Don't think FD will use .net or bounce, but he is seen at every game, and under 20's matches too..... Easy to recognise and sure most people know of him
    I think it's poor if he doesn't, to be honest. I've not got time to find folk at games and generally can't get to the under 20's games either. I would have thought an online presence would have been essential for the role, I'm surprised Hibs didn't vet him out the process if he made it clear he had no intention of coming online.

The total vote wasn't massive though, was it? I've no qualms with the results, by the way, and I've nothing against Frank at all - I'm just making the point that if he's going to be representative of the support then he needs to cover more bases than he has so far.
    Last edited by matty_f; 26-01-2015 at 05:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Congratulations to both Frank and Amit. GGTTH

I think it's poor if he doesn't, to be honest. I've not got time to find folk at games and generally can't get to the under 20's games either. I would have thought an online presence would have been essential for the role, I'm surprised Hibs didn't vet him out the process if he made it clear he had no intention of coming online.
    There maybe a rule about using the internet unwisely? Not all supporter's are pc literate, so maybe Amit can be social media, and Frank the face to face rep?