hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone help me out here, I have lost track of those involved in the various groups. Would someone be kind enough to name the head honchos in HOH and give me a few details on their back ground.
    Cheers
    Some gadge that runs a boxing gym and an IRA sympathiser. I for their names.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Well that sums it up nicely, guess I can just dismiss them from my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Some general facts to do with as you wish:

1) STF regularly gives away huge sums of his personal fortune for "no return". This is called philanthropy. In fact, he has considerable previous for it....

2) It's very clear to anyone with eyes and a semi-operational brain that nobody is "making money" from football these days, with very few notable exceptions...however, try as you may to convince your logical thinking side that this is in fact bollocks...

3) Us Hibs fans know we will never make money from the club. We also know (lets be honest folks) that we are unlikely to win hellish much any time soon. We're not really in it for the glory or the money now are we? We're in it, cause it's the right thing to do....

....I am unclear as to where any confusion exists on this offer Hibs have come up with. It's not mandatory, nobody is being frogmarched to the cashline machine to withdraw £18.75 a month and hand it over to the baddies in green.....big bad STF doesn't need the cash and probably realised a long time ago he'd never see all that money back. He doesn't NEED it. He doesnt need the aggro either...

However, if there's **** all on the telly and nae good conspiracies to discuss, we can always make one up for fun eh

Ach **** it, am off to sign over £18.75 for 133,333 months. There we are. Sorted. I'll sort oor future with one DD that lasts for the next 11,111 years. Barry. Club now mine. Woohoo.
    Beautifully put ,sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

It does make me wonder why Hibs felt the need to embellish this with the 'sporting ambition' phrase. It's a classic Petrie comment - sounds good, but so vague that it makes the more cynical amongst us raise eyebrows.

I also feel that, on the back of big losses, the timing of this share issue is wrong. I've bored myself to death saying that the club should have put everything on hold and focused on getting promotion above all else. Hibs are not in a stable financial position right now, making the environment for this share issue less than ideal.

HoH are wrong but I think the club doesn't help itself at times.
    I think you're rather missing the point here. The debt (and other running costs) will have to be paid regardless of whether this share issue takes place or not. That means that the proceeds of the issue is extra cash which can either go towards the 'sporting ambitions' of the club or to the existing shareholders. The club is absolutely right to be making the 'sporting ambition' comment and it should be clear to anyone with more than one braincell that Leeann Demspter did not say otherwise to HoH.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    And a former Hibs "casual".

Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    That's the same person who runs the boxing club. In his defence, and I don't support anything HOH have to say, he had done a hell of a lot of good work with his boxing gyms.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That's the same person who runs the boxing club. In his defence, and I don't support anything HOH have to say, he had done a hell of a lot of good work with his boxing gyms.
    Sounds as if that where he should concentrate his efforts.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2yO6yWak_o
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think you're rather missing the point here. The debt (and other running costs) will have to be paid regardless of whether this share issue takes place or not. That means that the proceeds of the issue is extra cash which can either go towards the 'sporting ambitions' of the club or to the existing shareholders. The club is absolutely right to be making the 'sporting ambition' comment and it should be clear to anyone with more than one braincell that Leeann Demspter did not say otherwise to HoH.
    With respect, I don't think I am.

This sporting ambition phrase is meaningless to me. But it's the kind of 'answer' that just invites more questions... if I buy shares, will my money be ring-fenced for the playing budget? Etc.

My point is - either say something is ring-fenced or say 'all money will go to the club'. Don't use a hollow phrase that gives people a perceived reason to get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Thats just wrong. 51% will go to fan ownership (or ownership away from STF) STF hands it over...says raise 2.5m for it..then i'll give you the 2.5m back...and people still think he is at it?
    Don't think he's 'at it' at all. He's cleverly testing the supporters commitment to fan ownership. If the take up is huge, fan ownership. If not, fans still put money into the club and ripped off/or have a bigger stake and greater involvement, depending on your view.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I don't see this on the HOH Facebook page or twitter feed.

Releasing something like that would totally finish off any sort of reputation they once had.

Work of a lone, rogue idiot?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Releasing something like that would totally finish off any sort of reputation they once had.

Glorious St...............

This sporting ambition phrase is meaningless to me. But it's the kind of 'answer' that just invites more questions... if I buy shares, will my money be ring-fenced for the playing budget? Etc.

My point is - either say something is ring-fenced or say 'all money will go to the club'. Don't use a hollow phrase that gives people a perceived reason to get upset.
    It seems clear that the term "money will be used to fund sporting ambition"means that the money will be used to fund sporting ambition.Unless these words have taken on a different meaning."All money will go to the club"which of course it will gives people the chance to say it won't be used to fund sporting ambition.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    They may as well just add another £200 onto a season ticket then? This should be about getting the club into the hands of the fans. Not just paying more for the running costs of the club and getting nothing back. If this goes ahead and Farmer and Petrie are still running the show, then what's the point?
    Stunned to see you criticising the club and its owners - not

If the supporters come up with enough cash to buy 51% of the shares they will hold a majority shareholding

What's so difficult to understand about that?

Or is your proposal that if the supporters come up with enough to buy 10% they should be given the other 41% just so as certain people's agenda in removing STF & RP from the club can come to fruition?

Whilst may folk would like this to happen just as many wouldn't

Its one of the perils of living in a democracy

Coaching Staff

They seem to miss the fact the cash goes to Hibs and not Sir Tom. Do they also follow the holding company writing off £4.5m? Funny way to go about a heist!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Is the gym run by the same person as HOH?

@hibs.net private member
    Simon Pia retweeted Jim Slaven@JimSlaven 26m26 minutes ago
    They're on a mission from God.. @IrvineWelsh @SimonPia1 @williamsonkev @JakeWelsh10 @FevinKinlay @FourInHandHSC #Hibs pic.twitter.com/eGFyYnmlgO

Not entirely sure I get this one... (though I may be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen the Blues' Brothers, so I'm probably missing something obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    They're on a mission from God.. @IrvineWelsh @SimonPia1 @williamsonkev @JakeWelsh10 @FevinKinlay @FourInHandHSC #Hibs pic.twitter.com/eGFyYnmlgO

Not entirely sure I get this one... (though I may be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen the Blues' Brothers, so I'm probably missing something obvious)
    Why have they missed Jackie McNamara off that poster? They've listed the rest of the HSL board but not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Why have they missed Jackie McNamara off that poster? They've listed the rest of the HSL board but not him.
    He was previously mentioned as being a supporter of HoH. It won't suit their agenda to mention him now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Simon Pia is just a sad, bitter man. The less said about Jim Slaven the better although if I turn up kneecapped now chances are he'll know something about it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The term 'ring-fencing' implies a specified project with a target price - this has neither so using that description would be misleading. Precisely what the money is used for will depend on how much is raised (if HoH had their way it would be nothing) but in the meantime the club had to use a general term that reassures potential investors that the money will not go straight to Farmer and Petrie or be used to pay down the debt - 'all money will go to the club' doesn't do that (that really is a hollow phrase) but the sporting ambition comment fits it nicely.

@hibs.net private member
    Simon Pia is just a sad, bitter man. The less said about Jim Slaven the better although if I turn up kneecapped now chances are he'll know something about it.

I know nothing about Slaven, but I completely agree with your point on Pia....I suspect some of his fantasies are driving some of their views...

Martin

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I know nothing about Slaven, but I completely agree with your point on Pia....I suspect some of his fantasies are driving some of their views...

Martin
    Slaven's the IRA fanboy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The easiest way to look at it is either with or without the share issue, x amount of money is going towards debt. X is, presumably, a fixed amount.

How much money the first team gets will depend on what's left after the debt payments are made.

If no shares are bought, then the money available will be £2.5m less than if all the shares are bought.

There's no shakedown or con, and it's absolutely scandalous that seemingly intelligent folk like Simon Pia are pushing the idea that there is.

What's their agenda?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    I could not agree more
    I agree more.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Maybe it's time to starve these people of the oxygen of publicity.

Maybe it's time to starve these people of the oxygen of publicity.
    They certainly get more attention than they deserve. I hope the club doesn't waste any more time talking to them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Simon Pia tweeted that the share issue was a con. He was asked to say why he thought so.

He hasn't replied.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Perhaps if enough of us sign up to the offer the negativity will fade away, or success will at least shine
    a light on anyone still attacking the club.
    Utterly not itk, but I'm so saddened that it appears that some folk are peddling their own agenda in the
    face of the most positive messages coming out of the club in years.
    GG

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Perhaps if enough of us sign up to the offer the negativity will fade away, or success will at least shine
    a light on anyone still attacking the club.
    Utterly not itk, but I'm so saddened that it appears that some folk are peddling their own agenda in the
    face of the most positive messages coming out of the club in years.
    GG
    One thing that will happen, albeit not overnight, is while they're outside with their placards and posters the rest of us will be inside making decisions that affect our club.