hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We weren't the laughing stock of Scottish football, don't talk pish. We got to 2 cup finals and finished a decent 7th after being 11th the season before.

Who in Scottish football was laughing at us? Hearts, pumped them all season in his only year. Celtic? Beat them at Easter Road. Aberdeen? we knocked them out the cup twice, same with Killie. I really don't see where you got this absolutely rubbish from, it is completely made up.

Everyone knew he was clueless is again absolute made up pish. Some of his signings were poor yes, some were actually pretty good. Griffiths, Doyle, Thomson, Taiwo, Maybury, Williams, Robertson and Craig were/are solid players. Fenlon was far better than Calderwood and Butcher and as I said we wouldn't be near the first division had we let his contract expire. The abuse the guy gets for doing a solid job and giving it his best is absolutely pathetic. Calderwood and Butcher are the real villians.
    Summed up perfectly. It's sad it seems the majority of the support can only remember two games he took charge of. As you say, we would never be in this position had he not been hounded out and had been allowed to see out his contract.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    Summed up perfectly. It's sad it seems the majority of the support can only remember two games he took charge of. As you say, we would never be in this position had he not been hounded out and had been allowed to see out his contract.
    Hounded out? Even though he admitted his results weren't good enough and that it was time to go! As for just two games your having a laugh there. How many 0-0 draws and honking football. He left for a reason!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I didn't dislike Fenlon as a person. I disliked his brand of football. He was better than both CC and TB but that wasn't hard! He should have left long before he did and for me there was no way back from 1-5. Then the shambles of 0-7. He said himself it was time to go so thankfully he knew he was out his depth! From part time football to the SPL was a massive jump.

Sadly the manager who replaced him was much worse! If only we had got in the right man after CC we wouldn't be in this league. I'm delighted to have a real manager and coaching staff who work on every aspect of the club.

Again, I can hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Butcher why can't the Fenlon apologists do the same?

Onwards and upwards and thankfully both have nothing to do with Hibs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fenlon should have walked after the 0-7 game, but his replacement should never have been that prick Butcher. You were wrong about Butcher, but i cant remember anyone wanting Fenlon in to replace Calderclown?

We have had a number of clowns manage us in the last few years, who's the best is like asking ddo you prefer a kick in the nads or a punch in the face?

Please let Stubbs be better.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You and thousands more bud! Attendances prove it! His football was eye bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I remember attendances going up when we went on our winning run that briefly had us up at the top of the league.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction