hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's on at 10pm, so if you can make it to Tranent you're welcome. As I always say, the bigger the pool of Hibees that are involved the better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenriz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What can I say- there was a good reason I didn't post a link to this week's episode!

Unfortunately, the balance of the show was skewed this week due to none of us Hibs guests being able to make it to Saturday's game or the show, and so it was inevitable that Monday's edition would be a bit of a 'Hearts special'. I think in general, the fact that neither set of fans pretend to be neutral gives it a bit of a unique and hopefully interesting edge, but agree that this can come across as biased when there are no opposition fans to counter any contentious statements (needless to say that Craig, Mikey and myself were in just as much disagreement with a few of their points as you guys are!)

Next week will redress the balance with a Hibs focused episode, as the three of us will hopefully be back on to discuss our Scottish Cup game (which as we all know our Jambo counterparts are unable to do! )
    Any chance of sending it to me in a PM, will keep it to myself. Promise

@hibs.net private member
    It's on at 10pm, so if you can make it to Tranent you're welcome. As I always say, the bigger the pool of Hibees that are involved the better.
    If my flight's on time I could just about make it. It'd be at the end of a long day but it's just about do-able.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 04-03-2015 at 10:19 PM.

I agree completely on your points from this weeks show, but a little unfair on the two lads overall as in general they've been pretty good at praising Hibs where necessary. Scott in particular has been responsible for most of the Hibs interviewees so far, so although they might have let themselves down this time, it's a shame to let ten minutes of poor chat spoil what's been in general a pretty good spirited affair. As I said, the problem this time was that there was no Hibs contribution which skewed things.

However! Having had a wee chat online, the guys agreed that maybe they'd gotten a little carried away and so the same opening question will be asked to the Hibs panelists to level things out a bit. I think a certain few statements need to be challenged, as well as a chance to stand up for Deek. Danderhall Hibs, you're welcome to come along if you're free! Scott has offered to let you take his place, although personally I think he should be there to feel some Hibee ire
    Bitter Bitter Scott, Deek doesn't throw muffins Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Any chance of sending it to me in a PM, will keep it to myself. Promise
    I didn't post it because as a largely Hearts based episode, I didn't think it would be of interest to most folk here . Next week will balance things out (and inevitably the Jambo lot will be facing a similar backlash on Kickback haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    If my flight's on time I could just about make it. It'd be at the end of a long day but it's just about do-able.
    Nice one- let me know if you think you're able to make it. If not this week then another week that you're free would be grand.
    Last edited by Fenriz; 05-03-2015 at 06:15 AM.

I didn't post it because as a largely Hearts based episode, I didn't think it would be of interest to most folk here . Next week will balance things out (and inevitably the Jambo lot will be facing a similar backlash on Kickback haha)

Nice one- let me know if you think you're able to make it. If not this week then another week that you're free would be grand.
    I got to listen to the show and what a horrible way to start it, hope you really don't start your next show like you did with that one or you will start to lose a few listeners, your two guests came across as a couple of bitter folk.

Bit in bold, but you(sorry if it ain't you asking the questions) and your two guests started of by bringing up the muffin incident, and then to ask the two guests who would you want to throw a muffin at, deary me, so first of you started with slagging of JC and his incident in Gorgie last week, then the two guests answered your question about who they would like to throw muffins at, and hey ho there answer was Derek Riordan and the rest they said about him, way over the top don't you think, I would doubt Deek needs anyone to stand up for him next week on the show from any guests, , you said 10 minutes skewed what was a good show, yeah slagging of Colin Nish about his shape and other things said about him wasn't in the first 10 minutes and then up next to have a go at was Scott Allan and that was instigated by the interviewer.

As i said, hope next weeks show doesn't go down the same route, yeah banter is all good between the two sets of fans but that show went way past banter, what JC done was wrong in Gorgie and I'm sure the staff didn't see the funny side of it and JC was wrong to do it, but to ask your guests who would you love to throw a muffin at goes past banter and was a stupid question to ask and the bitterness from the two guests came oozing out of them when they spoke about Riordan. Poor show.

what JC done was wrong in Gorgie and I'm sure the staff didn't see the funny side of it and JC was wrong to do it,

I thought it came out that he did nothing at all?

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    Fenriz, you do realise that Danderhall Hibs can start an argument in an empty room aye?

Bit in bold, but you(sorry if it ain't you asking the questions)...
    Aha, I see the confusion here, I was wondering what you were getting at! I don't actually present or organize the show, that's Sam (who is a Jambo, but usually manages to keep things pretty neutral). I'm Connor, one of the Hibee panelists, but I wasn't able to make it in last week. I do the updates on here because most of the other guys seem to be struggling to register an account on here, even the Hibee ones. We'll do a wee introductions section on next week's show so that people can accurately identify the panelists that they hate!

We've had a wee chat online and the Hearts guys agreed that the first section on this week's show tipped the balance in terms of one sided 'banter'- don't think the guys realized how it came across at the time. As I said, that kind of joshing only really works if there's a contribution from both sides. I'll be back alongside a few other Hibees next week to straighten things out.
    Last edited by Fenriz; 05-03-2015 at 11:50 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    Fenriz, you do realise that Danderhall Hibs can start an argument in an empty room aye?
    I'm like a shock jock. Like Adrian Durham or Scotty McLue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I thought it came out that he did nothing at all?
    Only replying to the comments that were made on the show.

@hibs.net private member
    Aha, I see the confusion here, I was wondering what you were getting at! I don't actually present or organize the show, that's Sam (who is a Jambo, but usually manages to keep things pretty neutral). I'm Connor, one of the Hibee panelists, but I wasn't able to make it in last week. I do the updates on here because most of the other guys seem to be struggling to register an account on here, even the Hibee ones. We'll do a wee introductions section on next week's show so that people can accurately identify the panelists that they hate!

We've had a wee chat online and the Hearts guys agreed that the first section on this week's show tipped the balance in terms of one sided 'banter'- don't think the guys realized how it came across at the time. As I said, that kind of joshing only really works if there's a contribution from both sides. I'll be back alongside a few other Hibees next week to straighten things out.

Fenriz, well done for doing this, and discussing it on here...I've been a regular listener. I have to say in general the quality is high, and even the jambo oriented stuff and interviews can sometimes be interesting.

I think the guy who presents/chairs it is generally excellent. Don't agree with all he says but seems to be a real football fan, and brings a decent balance to his views...I agree with the point you made earlier that it's the opinions from both sides which can make this show interesting. Recently, though, with some of the new Jambos, there has been a slight change in two areas . Firstly, one or two of them in particular are much less balanced and bitterness towards anything Hibs comes out whenever (at least one of them) is invited to talk. This has changed some of the overall tone, as others join in at times. Secondly, there isn't the same level of quality of analysis with some of the new members. They just don't have as much considered views on football, and as a result the programme gets less interesting. This could equally by a Hibs thing - it's just that there are more prominent views from jambs currently and it is therefore more evident. It's great that there are different voices, but perhaps there could be some quality control to ensure the people who go on the show have the ability to have interesting views and opinions - after all we don't want another BBC sportsound ;-)

Anyway, keep up the good work..and fair play to the guy who chairs it...does a decent job!

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Tune tonight at 10pm folks, this weeks show is going to be a bit of a Hibbie-fest after yesterdays match and no game for our dear neighbours.

Some of you (and us guys) were a bit displeased af the lack of balance last week, but tonight will be essentially all Hibs. Fell free to suggest anything you'd like covered or raised, including a rebuttal to any of the comments made by the lads last week that seemed to get a few backs up.

www.radiosaltire.co.uk

Mikey

Aye looking forward to this weeks show! Loads of positive Hibs stuff to chat about at the moment

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'll be listening tonight. Say hello to Mr Hearts SM for me.

Haha he's been scared off this week!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Haha he's been scared off this week!
    No wonder, it was all about us.

Check out this week's Hibs special! An hour and a half solely focussing on a great weekend at Easter Road, season ticket launch and a look forward to a extremely exciting last few months of the season.

Check it out:

http://www.mixcloud.com/MNFitba/
    http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/
    And iTunes.
    Youtube to follow in a day or two.

Cheers! Connor

Check out this week's Hibs special! An hour and a half solely focussing on a great weekend at Easter Road, season ticket launch and a look forward to a extremely exciting last few months of the season.

Check it out:

And iTunes.
    Youtube to follow in a day or two.

Cheers! Connor
    Just listening now, thought this thread deserved a wee bump.

Aye anyone who fancies something to listen to whilst getting wrapped up for Cowdenbeath this morning should have a wee listen. Mixed panel again on Monday, but fingers crossed it's just as positive!

First Team Breakthrough
    Aye anyone who fancies something to listen to whilst getting wrapped up for Cowdenbeath this morning should have a wee listen. Mixed panel again on Monday, but fingers crossed it's just as positive!
    Hi Fenriz,

I'm downloading the latest show from http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/ on my mobile.

It looks like I'm viewing the desktop site. Do you have a mobile version of your podbean site?

First Team Breakthrough
    Hi Fenriz,

I'm downloading the latest show from http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/ on my mobile.

It looks like I'm viewing the desktop site. Do you have a mobile version of your podbean site?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 88 View Post
    Hi Fenriz,

Hmm the only address I have for podbean is the one you posted- not sure if there's a separate mobile site. I'll ask the fella who does the uploads. I seem to have been able to download fine onto my phone from there though- don't use iTunes myself.

@hibs.net private member

very enjoyable show this week....and the difference from the week before was not aggressively partisan views...even on the Hibs dominated theme

Check out tonight's show on http://www.radiosaltire.org from 10pm as we discuss another busy weeks passed for the Hibees, whilst looking ahead to next week's important match against The Rangers.

Hey guys, check out this week's show where we discuss Hibs' two vutal wins last week, plus a look ahead to an important match at the weekend. Also available is 'The Stramash', where the guys discuss wider issues in Scottish football, alongside showcasing local bands. Enjoy!

And iTunes.

Cheers! Connor

Check out this week's show. Just Sam and myself this week but I think we did okay!

https://www.mixcloud.com/RSaltire/mn...-in-kirkcaldy/
    and iTunes.

Cheers!

Connor, an enjoyable show as always and you and Sam carried it well considering it was just the two of you. Keep up the good work, your views on the current Hibs team I find well balanced.

@hibs.net private member
    Jut been listening to the stramash. Love how they think they need to use "big" words!

Very much looking forward to this evening's show! Mixed panel of Hibees and Jambos to discuss yesterday's match on radio saltire from 10pm. Check it out, should be a great one,