hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    My only issue is also the balance of the show. The hearts fans get to bounce off each other. Much harder for the lone Hibby.
    Ive enjoyed the last couple of shows tho, and the McManus interview was a great listen. Friday night is my FIFA and podcast night, so will catch up with this weeks show this evening. Keep up the good work

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Myself and Connor were both back on together this week, so hopefully listeners will notice a bit more balance.

Pat, I think I made a particular point of disputing a few points this week that I think were asked in a fashion a wee bit loaded towards a potentially negative perception of our performance and potential. Listened back to a couple shows and felt I hadnt challenged a few of their observations enough.

Like I said to you before, get involved one week!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDeeds View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Myself and Connor were both back on together this week, so hopefully listeners will notice a bit more balance.

Pat, I think I made a particular point of disputing a few points this week that I think were asked in a fashion a wee bit loaded towards a potentially negative perception of our performance and potential. Listened back to a couple shows and felt I hadnt challenged a few of their observations enough.

Like I said to you before, get involved one week!
    You're doing a sterling job Mikey and I really enjoy the show, easy for me to comment from the outside! Mondays are really busy for me at the moment and Tranent is a bit of a hike but I would love to get involved at some point if the offer still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    You're doing a sterling job Mikey and I really enjoy the show, easy for me to comment from the outside! Mondays are really busy for me at the moment and Tranent is a bit of a hike but I would love to get involved at some point if the offer still stands.
    Offer is open at all times mate. Two of the guys are based in SQ so sure we could arrange transport whenever you become available.

Another show tonight for the Monday Night Fitba' team. Focus will be on the mixed fortunes of both clubs this weekend and what the results could mean looking ahead.

Our opening question for tonight's show is.....

'What defeat has left you most gutted?' Plenty candidates for us Hibs fans!!! Get your choices in on here and we'll try read them out. Also post any questions you'd like to raise regarding the weekends games.

Listen in from 10pm at http://www.radiosaltire.org/

Last night's transfer deadline day show is now up on Mixcloud plus iTunes (alongside the last few weeks' shows which I'd forgotten to update on here!)

http://www.mixcloud.com/MNFitba/

I've been listening to the podcasts on a weekly basis for the past month and I'm hooked. Really good show and helps pass the time on the journey to work. As myself and others have pointed out the only negative is that the panel needs to be split evenly every week, really hope some of the many regulars on here can step forward. Keep up the good work.

Check out this weeks show, there was a new Hibee panelist involved and some very interesting discussions in the lead up to tomorrow's game. The Hearts contingent were off to Christian Nade's house for an interview last night, which will be interesting given his recent exploits if nothing else!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFw...qwWXwCLm6-0Hxg
    http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/
    And iTunes.

Gamer IDs

Listened last night. Another good show.

Gamer IDs

The lads have undertaken some very interesting interviews this week, first of all with Christian Nade and then with Derek Rae yesterday. Just listening to Rae now and it's pretty inspirational stuff! What a guy- definitely worth a listen.

And iTunes.

New show on at 10pm tonight, check it out on http://www.radiosaltire.org. The panel has been far more balanced recently, with an even number of Hibees and Jambos, so looking forward to chatting about our comfortable win on Saturday.

Does anybody have any suggestions or requests for future interviewees? As it is, the majority of our guests have been contacted by one panelist via Twitter, but I know that not everyone of interest is necessarily on social media.

Cheers!

Hi mate, I've really enjoyed your interviews so far. I'd love to hear the thoughts of Garry O Connor but especially Deek on their time at Hibs. Ivan Sproule would be popular too!

At Easter Road we play...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    Hi mate, I've really enjoyed your interviews so far. I'd love to hear the thoughts of Garry O Connor but especially Deek on their time at Hibs. Ivan Sproule would be popular too!

At Easter Road we play...
    Yup, as much as that team as possible, even Mowbray could be obtainable now seeing as he isn't doing much now. Ten years on and all that jazz.

I just really want to know if any of that squad ever sat collectively and discussed what they could achieve at Hibs staying together. Chris Hogg another on twitter you could get.

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Yup, as much as that team as possible, even Mowbray could be obtainable now seeing as he isn't doing much now. Ten years on and all that jazz.

I just really want to know if any of that squad ever sat collectively and discussed what they could achieve at Hibs staying together. Chris Hogg another on twitter you could get.
    David Murphy would be great to hear from as well

I enjoy listening to the shows on youtube. It's great for us overseas fans

I'd love to hear Rob Jones. What is he upto these days?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Just finished listening to the Michael Stewart podcast, warts and all

Promising Youngster
    Listen in at radio saltire its a great show.

This week's episode is now online, discussing our comfortable win and possible future squad rotation. Hope you guys enjoy it!

And iTunes.
    (Android users can download via podbean).

Cheeses for the interviewee suggestions-I know that Chris Hogg is definitely a goer for the near future

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenriz View Post
    This week's episode is now online, discussing our comfortable win and possible future squad rotation. Hope you guys enjoy it!

And iTunes.
    (Android users can download via podbean).

Cheeses for the interviewee suggestions-I know that Chris Hogg is definitely a goer for the near future
    Cheers mate - it downloads automatically every week on my phone now.

Really enjoy it, even when you guys try and use big words when a small one would suffice

Keep up the good work - even the jambos are awrite.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Was it that good you listened to it twice.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Cheers mate - it downloads automatically every week on my phone now.

Really enjoy it, even when you guys try and use big words when a small one would suffice

Keep up the good work - even the jambos are awrite.
    You were doing well up until that bit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    You were doing well up until that bit.
    I thought I went too far. I should've said that some of the jambos on the show are awrite.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought I went too far. I should've said that some of the jambos on the show are awrite.
    I've listened to the first 10 minutes of this week's show and am about to retract my previous statement.

If you're reading it's not a "myth" that Hibs like to win by playing attractive football, it's a preference.

Also beating Cowdenbeath 10-0 is decent but it sounds like you're going to go on as if it's Barcelona-esque. 3 penalties and an early red card FFS! Against the worst team I've seen this season.

Oh and any chance of binning the boy that sounds like he smokes 60 a day and can't say "th" - wiff the exception of Raiff.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 04-03-2015 at 04:18 PM.

I've listened to the first 10 minutes of this week's shoe and am about to retract my previous statement.

If you're reading it's not a "myth" that Hibs like to win by playing attractive football, it's a preference.

Also beating Cowdenbeath 10-0 is decent but it sounds like you're going to go on as if it's Barcelona-esque. 3 penalties and an early red card FFS! Against the worst team I've seen this season.

Oh and any chance of binning the boy that sounds like he smokes 60 a day and can't say "th" - wiff the exception of Raiff.
    I turned off after that nonsense. You could sense the hate the boy has for Hibs a mile off.

Then speculating about Scott Allan's attitude and why he failed down south etc.

Main presenter is pretty good though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    I turned off after that nonsense. You could sense the hate the boy has for Hibs a mile off.

Then speculating about Scott Allan's attitude and why he failed down south etc.

Main presenter is pretty good though.

The main guy tries his best the problem is he's wiff his bruffer and he finks too much.

What can I say- there was a good reason I didn't post a link to this week's episode!

Unfortunately, the balance of the show was skewed this week due to none of us Hibs guests being able to make it to Saturday's game or the show, and so it was inevitable that Monday's edition would be a bit of a 'Hearts special'. I think in general, the fact that neither set of fans pretend to be neutral gives it a bit of a unique and hopefully interesting edge, but agree that this can come across as biased when there are no opposition fans to counter any contentious statements (needless to say that Craig, Mikey and myself were in just as much disagreement with a few of their points as you guys are!)

Next week will redress the balance with a Hibs focused episode, as the three of us will hopefully be back on to discuss our Scottish Cup game (which as we all know our Jambo counterparts are unable to do! )

@hibs.net private member
    The host wanted to be unbiased but the guy that can't speak properly let his bitterness shine through. Same goes for the Riordan comments - what's he ever done to them bar a couple of GIRFUY's? The way they were going on you'd think he'd done a graham Rix, or a Craig Thomson (player) or a wee airdrie Jambo.

Just came across badly - the boys brother needs to go.

No problems with the Scott Allan chat which was more thought out and not bitter - again though initiated by the presenter not the other ones.

I agree completely on your points from this weeks show, but a little unfair on the two lads overall as in general they've been pretty good at praising Hibs where necessary. Scott in particular has been responsible for most of the Hibs interviewees so far, so although they might have let themselves down this time, it's a shame to let ten minutes of poor chat spoil what's been in general a pretty good spirited affair. As I said, the problem this time was that there was no Hibs contribution which skewed things.

However! Having had a wee chat online, the guys agreed that maybe they'd gotten a little carried away and so the same opening question will be asked to the Hibs panelists to level things out a bit. I think a certain few statements need to be challenged, as well as a chance to stand up for Deek. Danderhall Hibs, you're welcome to come along if you're free! Scott has offered to let you take his place, although personally I think he should be there to feel some Hibee ire
    Last edited by Fenriz; 04-03-2015 at 07:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't know if Deeks needs stood up for - it just seemed OTT the way they spoke about him.

I'm away with work so don't think I can do this Monday - what time do you go on air? Im due to land back in Edinburgh at the back of 8 (I think).