hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were terrified of losing for most of that match, they know we are a far better footballing side, where we still fall down is the mental side imo. We should have put them to the sword today and while I was delighted with how we played in the main , I left that *****hole yet again with a feeling that we'd let them off the hook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Exactly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I fail to see how you can believe any part of this post - it is so far removed from reality, you have to be joking right?
    ........................................no.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Hibs have come on leaps and bounds under the new management, certainly and easily more attractive football to watch than what we seen from the last three managers. A good case in point is the other thread about Lewis Stevenson, when was the last time we have seen our full backs get into positions to cross so often ? We are definitely a team on the up.

Coaching Staff
    I'll wager that if the challenge in the box had been at an ER game, Steven McLean would have given the pen - for me he's the best ref in Scotland but today he had a stinker !

Testimonial Due
    I agree completely with the OP. I am usual a complete supporter of the board, I may be in a minority on that, but the biggest failing this season has been the boards ability to respond quickly to the situation we are in. For me if we had prepared better there is no reason at all we would not be leading the table just now. That is poor management.

I do however appreciate that are probably loads of factors, i.e management and player availability, but to me it is gutting that we do not have a chance to be competing for this league...and that comes down to the lack of pace getting everything in place for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    We are a far better football team than them.

The months of planning they had ahead of us has got them where they are. Levein and co. were there from March onwards. Alan Stubbs had about 4-6 weeks.

The fact they made two subs at the death tells you a story. The fact they had two blips at the back before ten minutes had been played tells you as well. They feared us and they feared us big style.

Great time to be a Hibby. Credit to Dempster, Stubbs and co.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I fail to see how you can believe any part of this post - it is so far removed from reality, you have to be joking right?
    Are you for real??? Some folk, like you, need a reality check

Good OP in my opinion. Its true we could have had them twice this season and have blow it to an extent, but its also clear that they certainly are not better than us.

We need fear nobody in a play off if we keep this up.

Yams are really efficient and look tough to beat.

But, Stubbs has put together a first 11 that can play attractive football, with a few exciting players in that lot. And he did that with precious little time in the summer. Things definitely looking brighter at ER and only hope he can continue the good work.

I didn't see today's game but whilst I'm frustrated at our inability to win derbies that we have the upper hand in, I am extremely encouraged at how Stubbs has us playing and I'm confident that we can go up through the play offs.

We need to strengthen this month and I'm sure we will. We are now six points behind Sevco which is disappointing but more importantly we're level again with Queen of the South and only three points above Falkirk.

It's important that we don't take our eye off the ball and keep going to try and catch Sevco.

When all is said and done we have won 10 of the last 46 derbys, not good enough however much we have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    When all is said and done we have won 10 of the last 46 derbys, not good enough however much we have improved.
    Try looking forward and not back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I didn't see today's game but whilst I'm frustrated at our inability to win derbies that we have the upper hand in, I am extremely encouraged at how Stubbs has us playing and I'm confident that we can go up through the play offs.

We need to strengthen this month and I'm sure we will. We are now six points behind Sevco which is disappointing but more importantly we're level again with Queen of the South and only three points above Falkirk.

It's important that we don't take our eye off the ball and keep going to try and catch Sevco.
    However we are the only side to have now played Hearts 3 times...its the fixtures against the other we need to win to pull away

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    However we are the only side to have now played Hearts 3 times...its the fixtures against the other we need to win to pull away
    It's a big game next week at home to Falkirk.

Our record is played two, lost two against them so far and as I said in my last post we are only three points above them just now.

If we beat them, we can put some real distance between the pair of us but lose that game and we'll be joint fifth, if Queen of the South get anything from their game against Raith Rovers.

We have three out of the next four league games at home, before we then go to Ibrox next month. We need a minimum of ten points from those matches to stay in the race for second place.