hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kennedy Returning To Everton

@Everton: KENNEDY: @MattyKennedy31 will be returning to Goodison after his six-month loan spell at Hibernian ends when they face Hearts on Saturday

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good decision. If we are to have players in on loan, they have to be regular starters. I assume Sinclair will be heading back as well.

During the Q&A down at East Mains on Tuesday Stubbs said that there would definitely be players leaving in this window. There's the first one!

He also said that anyone coming in would be first team ready.

Good players. Lets hope he resurfaces somewhere in the Scottish game as he clearly has a lot to give. Sadly the formation we play doesn't suit him.

Can't fault his effort though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I thought Kennedy looked like a good player but he has been unlucky that Stubbs found a winning formation that didn't suit wingers.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Loan players that come in really need to be 1st team picks not squad fillers, i had high hopes for this lad but for whatever reasons its just not happened for him.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Kennedy looked like a good player but he has been unlucky that Stubbs found a winning formation that didn't suit wingers.
    I think if he had an end product, Stubbs would have found a formation that suited him. I just don't think he's good enough.
    He needs to leave Everton now and go somewhere he can play every week. It's the only way he will develop.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It shows how far we've come under Stubbs as Kennedy would have walked into our team in the last few years.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wouldn't even have him on the bench tomorrow. He's contributed he haw on his last number of appearances. Would have young Lewis Allan or Martin on the bench to give them some experience
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 01-01-2015 at 11:02 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wouldn't even have him on the bench tomorrow. He's contributed he haw on his last number of appearances. Would have young Scott Allan or Martin on the bench to give them some experience
    I'm hoping Scott Allan is on from the start.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Still think he is one of our stronger players coming off the bench but if AS Thinks this is the best move then I ain't going to argue.

It is hopefully an indication that he has somebody better lined up for Jan.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Not trying to be smart, but based on what? Why would you drop Malonga or Cummings?

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Sorry meant the young player Lewis Allan

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    During the Q&A down at East Mains on Tuesday Stubbs said that there would definitely be players leaving in this window. There's the first one!

He also said that anyone coming in would be first team ready.
    That's very encouraging, just what we have been lacking with some of the new bodies that have arrived of late.

Wouldn't even have him on the bench tomorrow. He's contributed he haw on his last number of appearances. Would have young Scott Allan or Martin on the bench to give them some experience

Some experience" against them at Tiny. Now that's what you want to get your young career on the go

Kennedy was a strange one. He looked good but very rarely produced much, the final product just wasn't there. Plus we had to pay Everton more if he didn't play, thus being the reason for several substitute appearances late on in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Plus we had to pay Everton more if he didn't play, thus being the reason for several substitute appearances late on in games.
    Interesting Brooster, all adds up

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Good decision. If we are to have players in on loan, they have to be regular starters. I assume Sinclair will be heading back as well.
    Sinclair has had even less first team game time than Kennedy so you would think Stubbs will try and get Southhampton to take him back but his was a one year loan deal .
    Stubbs has said he wants three or four players in but who he can shift on will determine that .Assume Stiker to cover for Malomga and Defender who can play right back when Gray needs operation will be the top two priorities . We probably need to keep Booth for cover .
    Wonder if he will let Harris go on loan with option of recall at any point as he is getting so little game time and even Kennedy has been coming on as a Sub before Harris recently and Stubbs had already decided Kennedy was going so that says where Harris currently is in his thinking .
    Heff needs to go but his form when given oppertunity may have scuppered his chances of getting offer he finds acceptable .

Who else do folk think Stubbs may try and move on or Loan out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Sinclair has had even less first team game time than Kennedy so you would think Stubbs will try and get Southhampton to take him back but his was a one year loan deal .
    Stubbs has said he wants three or four players in but who he can shift on will determine that .Assume Stiker to cover for Malomga and Defender who can play right back when Gray needs operation will be the top two priorities . We probably need to keep Booth for cover .
    Wonder if he will let Harris go on loan with option of recall at any point as he is getting so little game time and even Kennedy has been coming on as a Sub before Harris recently and Stubbs had already decided Kennedy was going so that says where Harris currently is in his thinking .
    Heff needs to go but his form when given oppertunity may have scuppered his chances of getting offer he finds acceptable .

Ronnie, is Sinclair a year long loan? Surprised we committed to that. Expect Heff to move on, If someone will take him.
    Would expect one or two of the under 20's to go out on loan, as Hibs want to promote some of the under 17's for the back end of the season.
    George Craig the other day that they're happy with the quality in the under 15'd and under 17's, which is great news

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Kennedy was a strange one. He looked good but very rarely produced much, the final product just wasn't there. Plus we had to pay Everton more if he didn't play, thus being the reason for several substitute appearances late on in games.
    Seriously? Even more glad he's gone.

Ronnie, is Sinclair a year long loan? Surprised we committed to that. Expect Heff to move on, If someone will take him.
    Would expect one or two of the under 20's to go out on loan, as Hibs want to promote some of the under 17's for the back end of the season.
    George Craig the other day that they're happy with the quality in the under 15'd and under 17's, which is great news
    Happy New Year Billy . From memory only I thought I was as seem to remember at the time thinking he has maybe seen this guy playing down south at youth or reserve level and seen something in him that makes him want to committ to a year However he was also saying back then he wanted three or four loan players only all on one year deals and clearly couldn't do that with the ox and Kennedy who got six month loans .
    But My Memory isn't that reliable these days so could be wrong on Sinclair

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Booth and Heff would be my guess.

I think booth and Heff will be leaving.
    Cougars!!!

Just checked there and article in Bath Chronicle says it was a year long loan at time deal was done .Have no idea of the Journalistic Integrity of that paper but confirms my memory on this one .

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Shame, the guy's had no luck. Cheers for the goal against United.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Can't see Booth going anywhere,. Cover for left back and has already covered at Centre Back. Heffs and strange one. We need striker cover for Malonga when he's away so if we can't improve on Heff he might stay too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Booth is currently the only cover we have for the back 4. I can't see him leaving & Heff will only go if we bring in another striker. Otherwise we have JC only up front for most of January.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Forgot about Booth, can't see us letting him go until we get a relplacement in for David Gray, particularly if he goes in for his op soon

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Booth is currently the only cover we have for the back 4. I can't see him leaving & Heff will only go if we bring in another striker. Otherwise we have JC only up front for most of January.
    Maybe Stubbs will want better.

Just checked there and article in Bath Chronicle says it was a year long loan at time deal was done .Have no idea of the Journalistic Integrity of that paper but confirms my memory on this one .
    Happy new year. To be fair most of us didn't want short term loans

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don't think his final ball was as bad as people make out. I think he struggled with teams doubling up against him, our change of formation and our lack of good strikers for a bit after Farid got injured.

Good luck to the guy though, I'd have liked to have kept him on but can understand why he's away.