hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be a shame, he's always played well when he's come on - just no room for him in the team at present.
    Kennedy has been a huge let down IMO, no final ball.....Won't be missed if he returns back down South
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

You've brought me back down to earth with this thread guys. sigh.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Surely it's pretty nailed on that Kennedy will be away. Everton sent him up here to get games and he's been benched for the majority of the time. Not beneficial to anyone involved.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    You've brought me back down to earth with this thread guys. sigh.
    Depends how you look at it. Stubbs didn't have long to pick out signing targets in the summer. He's had a chance to have a decent look and to workout who he can trust to do a job already here. Only positive for me, looking forward to seeing new faces. GG

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Of course there's no new money there isn't enough time between the AGM and the share issue before the end of the window....

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Think the point being is we are hearing this from someone who has meant to have taken a back seat from all this chat, Leeann Dempster should be doing all the talking J, not Petrie, he just can't take the back seat can he, I'm pretty sure we will bring in a few players in January and get rid of two at the most, yes Stubbs has hinted he will be dabbling in the window, but why the F*** do we have to hear it from Petrie, Leeann Dempster should be making all Hibs statements and not someone who keeps saying he is taking a back seat for him to pop his head up every few months and say or be involved in something, do they not learn J, he is not liked by the support, things are starting to go well on and off the pitch and Stubbs and Dempster should be the only folk we should be hearing from, not the elephant in the room.
    Lee Ann was on TV too briefly but view seems to be this is something that has been worked on for a while and presumably Rod was involved for part of this and may have continued to be involved .there seems to be a willingness to ensure he gets credit for the work he has done and I suspect we are going to get a brief charm offensive to try and deflect criticism away from Rod at the A G M .
    I have never bothered going to one before but I ain't going to miss this next one

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Of course there's no new money there isn't enough time between the AGM and the share issue before the end of the window....
    The share issue probably won't be launched for a while yet. Depending on how much is raised, and how it is to be used, the manager won't see any of it until the next window at the earliest.

Think the point being is we are hearing this from someone who has meant to have taken a back seat from all this chat, Leeann Dempster should be doing all the talking J, not Petrie, he just can't take the back seat can he, I'm pretty sure we will bring in a few players in January and get rid of two at the most, yes Stubbs has hinted he will be dabbling in the window, but why the F*** do we have to hear it from Petrie, Leeann Dempster should be making all Hibs statements and not someone who keeps saying he is taking a back seat for him to pop his head up every few months and say or be involved in something, do they not learn J, he is not liked by the support, things are starting to go well on and off the pitch and Stubbs and Dempster should be the only folk we should be hearing from, not the elephant in the room.
    Fair points buddy but I guess if RP is there and is asked a question he's going to answer it rather than do a Scott Brown and say you'll need to ask Leeann
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ubbs-1-3646752

Says chairman Rod Petrie. I thought RP was taking a back seat. Well that did not last long, did it?
    The major announcement & all interviews yesterday were conducted by LD. It's not unreasonable for RP, who like it or not remains as Chairman, to take a follow up interview from our local rag. You never know, LD may have been doing something more important & beneficial to our club.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The major announcement & all interviews yesterday were conducted by LD. It's not unreasonable for RP, who like it or not remains as Chairman, to take a follow up interview from our local rag. You never know, LD may have been doing something more important & beneficial to our club.

Aye.. and I would bet that if Sir Tom himself had told us what Rodders had Said.. Then all would be Hunky Dory.. naw..

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Fair points buddy but I guess if RP is there and is asked a question he's going to answer it rather than do a Scott Brown and say you'll need to ask Leeann
    And that's it J, he is meant to be taking a back seat, so why is he there, Leeann Dempster should be doing theses things, she is our person in charge, she should be making all statements about HFC, not the elephant in the room who just cannot help himself get involved in things.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    And that's it J, he is meant to be taking a back seat, so why is he there, Leeann Dempster should be doing theses things, she is our person in charge, she should be making all statements about HFC, not the elephant in the room who just cannot help himself get involved in things.
    He's still chairman. It was a club announcement and a momentous one at that. . It's fair for both to be there IMO. I'm surprised STF wasn't there too if I'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I never read the Edinburgh Evening Yam, but I would have thought Leeann Dempster would have been best placed to comment on anything like that, not somebody who's supposedly taking a backseat role.
    My original point of the thread was more concerning the organ spouting the news than the news itself. I too would have thought it would have come from the CEO and not the non-executive chairman.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    This thread is pish.

LD is responsible for the day to day running of the club. This isn't day to day stuff, but in saying that, it appears that she's been involved in the process and gave interviews, etc. yesterday.

It's to be expected that RP, as club chairman, would comment on such a major issue. In addition he's a one of the two shareholders in the holding company that are making this possible.

This had nothing to do with RP taking a back seat and anyone saying otherwise really needs to wisen up.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This thread is pish.

LD is responsible for the day to day running of the club. This isn't day to day stuff, but in saying that, it appears that she's been involved in the process and gave interviews, etc. yesterday.

It's to be expected that RP, as club chairman, would comment on such a major issue. In addition he's a one of the two shareholders in the holding company that are making this possible.

This had nothing to do with RP taking a back seat and anyone saying otherwise really needs to wisen up.
    I think him just being around is unhealthy after everything that's happened and that smug smile when we lost the pens topped most over the edge. I've actually no interest in anything he says the man bores me to tears with the same crap chat! I honestly wish he'd leave and stop being the dark cloud that hangs over this club.

Purely my opinion of course!!!

This thread is pish.

Player budget is day to day stuff. So Leeann should be talking about it along with Stubbs, not the elephant in the room.

If you think the thread is pish then don't post on it then.

Take it that's directed at me

Q. So, Mr Petrie, you've been working on the refinancing of the club for about a year?

A. Yep.

Q. Does that mean that there will be more money for players in January?

A. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I think him just being around is unhealthy after everything that's happened and that smug smile when we lost the pens topped most over the edge. I've actually no interest in anything he says the man bores me to tears with the same crap chat! I honestly wish he'd leave and stop being the dark cloud that hangs over this club.

Purely my opinion of course!!!
    That's fair enough (though the "smug smile" looked more to me like an expression of "Oh f***! - the guy cannae help his face).

However, whenever he does make a rare media appearance, we get all this "he's meant to be taking a back seat" crap on here.

He was even getting pelters on the latest league decision re. sevco before the meeting had taken place.

I just wish that folk would focus more on the good stuff that's happening, instead of polluting this place with ignorant, ill founded, anti-Petrie crap at every tiny opportunity.

That's fair enough (though the "smug smile" looked more to me like an expression of "Oh f***! - the guy cannae help his face).

However, whenever he does make a rare media appearance, we get all this "he's meant to be taking a back seat" crap on here.

He was even getting pelters on the latest league decision re. sevco before the meeting had taken place.

I just wish that folk would focus more on the good stuff that's happening, instead of polluting this place with ignorant, ill founded, anti-Petrie crap at every tiny opportunity.
    I know what your saying mate, things are finally turning around it seems LD doing some good things as well.

But I suppose people can't just switch off from what was a massive issue just because things are picking up. If he left it really would be best for everyone. Anyway like I say he bores me and I'm more interested in the team which thankfully is playing good football and I'm actually enjoying watching us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petrie Out.

Folk defending him at every opportunity for where he has took us, he picked Butcher and he got us relegated, folk defending him are a joke on here, i will have a go at him every opportunity, he is a dark cloud over this club, folk defending him then saying they would like to see him step down, they should make there mind up.

It's a forum for giving a opinion if that's okay with you, but you just keep throwing your insults.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Petrie Out.

Folk defending him at every opportunity for where he has took us, he picked Butcher and he got us relegated, folk defending him are a joke on here, i will have a go at him every opportunity, he is a dark cloud over this club, folk defending him then saying they would like to see him step down, they should make there mind up.

It's a forum for giving a opinion if that's okay with you, but you just keep throwing your insults.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Petrie Out.

Petrie out.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This is old news.

We could've wiped all the debt and there still wouldn't have been a transfer kitty.

Players have to go for players to come in. It's called "living within your means", something that Scottish football clubs are going to have to be strict with if they are to continue.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i wonder if Mathew Kennedy will return to Everton after his 6 months are up, free up a wage/part wage
    I would expect this to happen mate
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Loo
    Petrie Out.

I don't need you to tell me my mind. I do want him to stand down but until he does he remains the club chairman.

In is role as "conduit" he's played a blinder getting this debt/share thing set up. As chairmen it's perfectly normal that he's involved in it's announcement. Knocking him for either is just pathetic.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 31-12-2014 at 09:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Much better surely that assumption is that we have no spare cash? No point in saying different and then inviting agents to try and up the ante?

Petrie Out.

Folks attacking him at every opportunity is kinda a joke too, especially when they are announcing a major positive move forward for the club and has said nothing particularly inflamatory!!

Even if we had money to spend in January we wouldn't be publicly announcing that given every single club we speak to would be putting the value of their players up!

@hibs.net private member
    Even if there was "new money" to sign players and we were determined to sign 2 or 3 in January , it wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to announce it to all the other clubs/agents so that they could screw us for more cash would it? If we are adopting a policy of only signing the right players rather than filling up the squad with mediocrity, there's no point in painting ourselves into a corner because we've announced to the world that we are splashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Even if there was "new money" to sign players and we were determined to sign 2 or 3 in January , it wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to announce it to all the other clubs/agents so that they could screw us for more cash would it? If we are adopting a policy of only signing the right players rather than filling up the squad with mediocrity, there's no point in painting ourselves into a corner because we've announced to the world that we are splashing out.
    C'rect.

If we did that, the club would rightly be criticised by us.

Or RP would. ....