hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    That's great to hear, well done Hibs and the management team!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct but we don't though. We just do these things and move on with no plaudits sought.
    That's the way it should be.

Hibs shouldn't do these thngs for publicity, they should do them because they are a football club who cares deeply for the community who supports them.

Hibs have rightly been pilloried for the many things they have done wrong over the past few years. You sometimes got the feeling though that people were just waiting for it so they could have ago at them for it though.

It is brilliant to hear about them doing this kind of thing. There's been a lot of cheap talk spouted by the club in the past but actions always speak louder than words.

As a club they've needed to show some goodwill to the fans without whom they would be nothing. Gestures like this go a very long way towards building positive relationships with the fans and it feels much better to be reading stories like this than the many negative ones we've had for the past few years.

Well done Hibs and GC.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Hibs class indeed.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I think this sort of community thing is what LD was talking about. I would assume the team from here aren't all Hibbies, so the club have done all this because it benefits the community and not just Hibbies. Credit where credit is due. I hope there are many more stories like this coming out over the coming months. Hibs class

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil_Hibee View Post
    That's the way it should be. Hibs shouldn't do these thngs for publicity, they should do them because they are a football club who cares deeply for the community who supports them.
    Exactly this. A quiet class and dignity is lost as soon as you start shouting "LOOK AT WHAT I'VE DONE!"

Coaching Staff
    What a terrific post. Can only echo everyone else and say well done hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Gestures like this go a very long way towards building positive relationships with the fans and it feels much better to be reading stories like this than the many negative ones we've had for the past few years.

Great stuff Hibs, follows on from LD saying she didnt want the complex being under utilised.

For interest Brooster what was the pitch like compared to equivalent in Edinburgh and would you pay to use it if that was an option?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Fantastic story, well done Hibs.

Great stuff and I bet you were like a wee laddie enjoying an early Christmas present, S
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Just wait till Petrie sends you the bill!!

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Great stuitf Hibs, follows on from LD saying she didnt want the complex being under utilised.

For interest Brooster what was the pitch like compared to equivalent in Edinburgh and would you pay to use it if that was an option?
    Kaff, yes I would pay to use it regularly. It was a decent enough surface but not as good as Peffermill (the best surface around), Spartans, Pinkie or Meggatland. I class those as the best all weather pitches around. The going rate is £90 or there abouts for 2 hours, if Hibs hired it out for £100 twice a week it would be an easy £10k a year which wouldn't be too difficult given the demand for pitches especially in the winter.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Can we get HOH take on all this please, is it just some elaborate tax dodge?

Seriously though great job by Craig and hibs and shows they are all working well together at hibs now. Certainly the feeling I got when I was lucky enough to see backstage at ER for a short period of time. You can always tell when staff are all on the same side as the management and when they are not and right now I think the staff and management at hibs are working really well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Kaff, yes I would pay to use it regularly. It was a decent enough surface but not as good as Peffermill (the best surface around), Spartans, Pinkie or Meggatland. I class those as the best all weather pitches around. The going rate is £90 or there abouts for 2 hours, if Hibs hired it out for £100 twice a week it would be an easy £10k a year which wouldn't be too difficult given the demand for pitches especially in the winter.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Pleased to here S, Hibs Class

Nae doubt the serial moaners will be along putting a dampener on things, Hibs no charging for the soup or taking petrol money off the Newcastle lads or something
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Excellent story - well done Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Terrific gesture. We are part of a special football club

Top story, thanks for sharing it.

Great work Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Terrific gesture. We are part of a special football club
    This is where owning our own facility gives us the chance to really involve our support/community. Clubs renting at various complex's, whether its Riccarton, Soccerworld, Stirling Uni or whatever cannot do this so you have to imagine that anyone involved in Brooster's team will now be more disposed to encouraging their family/friends to give Hibs a 'chance' if they are looking for a team to follow.
    Simplistic i know but who else in the East are able to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This is where owning our own facility gives us the chance to really involve our support/community. Clubs renting at various complex's, whether its Riccarton, Soccerworld, Stirling Uni or whatever cannot do this so you have to imagine that anyone involved in Brooster's team will now be more disposed to encouraging their family/friends to give Hibs a 'chance' if they are looking for a team to follow.
    Simplistic i know but who else in the East are able to do this?
    Hearts could do it too once they've cleared it with the third year hockey students.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Hearts could do it too once they've cleared it with the third year hockey students.
    I'm afraid not, there's an antique fair organised with a special guest appearance from David 'The Duke' Dickinson

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Cracking story. Well done Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Lots of good things going on and that is right up there with the best. Well done Hibs.