hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Colin McDougal

Colin McDougal

I was wondering if anybody could help. My father in law was talking about a relative of his Colin McDougal that he said played for Hibs around 1920-1930 and he was born in 1902. I wanted to find out any information that I could , as my searches so far have been fruitless I though I would ask the minds of information that love the club he played for . Here's hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction . Thanks in advance Brighton Seagull . ps good result yesterday

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightonSeagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wondering if anybody could help. My father in law was talking about a relative of his Colin McDougal that he said played for Hibs around 1920-1930 and he was born in 1902. I wanted to find out any information that I could , as my searches so far have been fruitless I though I would ask the minds of information that love the club he played for . Here's hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction . Thanks in advance Brighton Seagull . ps good result yesterday
    Had a quick look on Hibs stats & can't see anyone of that name or similar. I'll try other sources. I have to help as my son in law & grandsons are Brighton fans!

I've checked the Player Registration list for pre WWII and there is no record of a Colin McDougall having been registered by a Club in Scotland.

Hibs did have a William MacDougall during 1913 - 1914 and a David Brunton McDougall registered between 1917 - 1919 who played 11 times for the first team and a George Dougal who played between 1896 and 1899.

I don't have a record of any player named Colin who was registered with Hibs pre 1946.

He may have been a Junior player who trained with and had a trial with Hibs but unfortunately I don't have any record of him at all.

Sorry

Thankyou for your time and effort it's much appreciated . My father in law seems to think you may be right with the youth team / trained etc . It seems we will never know.
    All the best for the rest of the seasonI hope you have more luck than we are having . Got any good managers as we need a new one now and the last Scottish one we had ( Mark McGee ) worked out pretty well for us.

Thankyou for your time and effort it's much appreciated . My father in law seems to think you may be right with the youth team / trained etc . It seems we will never know.
    All the best for the rest of the seasonI hope you have more luck than we are having . Got any good managers as we need a new one now and the last Scottish one we had ( Mark McGee ) worked out pretty well for us.
    Terry Butcher's free
    This is how it feels

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Jonnyboy, be nice!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Terry Butcher's free

As is ally mccoist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Jonnyboy, be nice!!
    sorry
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

I checked on births on the Scotland's People web site.

One Colin Gray McDougal registered in Edinburgh around that time .

1903 in the Newington District.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar

would be worth dropping a line to the webmaster of London Hearts - he has archived and entered onto his database many newpaper reports etc of that era and its just possible he will have something

webmaster@londonhearts.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    I've checked the Player Registration list for pre WWII and there is no record of a Colin McDougall having been registered by a Club in Scotland.

Hibs did have a William MacDougall during 1913 - 1914 and a David Brunton McDougall registered between 1917 - 1919 who played 11 times for the first team and a George Dougal who played between 1896 and 1899.

I don't have a record of any player named Colin who was registered with Hibs pre 1946.

He may have been a Junior player who trained with and had a trial with Hibs but unfortunately I don't have any record of him at all.

Sorry
    i knew Brian would have the goods if anyone did. I did scan through Alan Lugton's Vol 3 of the Hibs history covering the period in question but unfortunately also without success. Hope your season improves though I live in a Palace area & most of my friends are Eagles fans!