hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I would love to go with my son who I have that weekend (who lives with his mum) but since I don't normally attend because I usually work Saturdays I have no chance of getting tickets.

Stupid Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to go with my son who I have that weekend (who lives with his mum) but since I don't normally attend because I usually work Saturdays I have no chance of getting tickets.

Stupid Hibs.
    What have hibs done exactly to merit being called stupid?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Stupid Hibs.
    Unless you're working you'll get tickets no bother! It is the Rangers game you're talking about right?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Stupid Hibs.
    Don't you know anyone on the database

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Stupid Hibs.
    You work Saturdays but to be fair you could have been on the data base by now by attending a game on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.

However I do feel you have a very valid point, one which does cost Hibs money.

Either phone the club and explain your predicament or get somebody on the data base to get you the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    What have hibs done exactly to merit being called stupid?
    Because they don't allow for fans who might only manage to attend one or two matches a year.

Cracking opportunity for my Glasgow based Rangers supporting son (not my fault) to see the light but I can't get tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    You work Saturdays but to be fair you could have been on the data base by now by attending a game on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.

However I do feel you have a very valid point, one which does cost Hibs money.

Either phone the club and explain your predicament or get somebody on the data base to get you the tickets.
    My job is job and finish so no point in even trying midweek games since I don't even live in Edinburgh.

I WAS on he database under a different address but will give them a phone.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Because they don't allow for fans who might only manage to attend one or two matches a year.

Cracking opportunity for my Glasgow based Rangers supporting son (not my fault) to see the light but I can't get tickets!
    Surely you could buy tickets for your 1 or 2 games and get on the database? It's there to stop Rangers fans getting tickets for the home end - and I'm glad it does.

My job is job and finish so no point in even trying midweek games since I don't even live in Edinburgh.

I WAS on he database under a different address
    but will give them a phone.
    That might be enough mate.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar

Pretty boy offered you his client ref to get tickets a couple of weeks ago. Did that fall through?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thanks, you should be a fans rep on how to sell the match tickets. Cheaper seats in the wings, and more expensive in central areas. A bit like the theatre
    Is that not how it's done?

Bath rigby ticketing down here does that. Tickets along the side but behind the try line are cheaper than seats in line with the half way line, by about £15 IIRC.

J

I WAS on he database under a different address but will give them a phone.
    Can you not login under your client ref number and change your address yourself in the details section?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Got to agree that the Chairman has really messed up again here. I don't care how much more season ticket holders have paid, there is a massive game for the club and opportunity to sell out the ground for The Rangers game. Instead fans who have lapsed are shown the wrath of the board with a ticket price of £28! I seriously believe that Police Scotland have prevented Hibs selling £15 tickets. That is the price they should be.
    Why is my football club so incompetent on pricing the product. Better to generate an atmosphere, does the board not know we have to get out of this division, anything less is unacceptable for Hibernian Football Club.
    good post...

i dont why they make tickets v the really awful no hoper teams cheap.. many lapsed fans (like myself) wouldnt even be paid to go those. i would go to this rangers game if it was £15, and who knows maybe get interested again, but they want £15 so nah...

Left by mutual consent!
    If you can afford to go then by all means buy your tickets and get yourself along to watch us pump them AGAIN.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Lets have an ad hoc ticket pricing system so we can really **** our planned budgets.People spend far more in a pub without a second thought these days.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    stop that keek, please

Don't be so cheeky, the word is 'keech'!

Oh and there was indeed a Consultation. I do believe it went something along the lines of: Ms Dempster got three E-Mails in her inbox, chatted to four people she passed in the street and another three in the ticket queue. Out of those, I believe only one wanted a reduction in ST price.

Cannae argue with such an in-depth, representative survey, can you

Here we go again. Folk mumping about paying the going rate to support the team they claim to love. I'm fed up listening to excuses, why cant they support the team (even occassionaly) instead of looking to get in for next to nowt.

Looking forward to giving the huns a right roasting again.

Its a pity that Fat Sally has jumped ship. No matter who takes their team on Saturday they just cant possibly be as clueless as he was, they may come up with a different game plan from lumping the ball up to Boyd and Miller, so we had better be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by libernian View Post
    good post...

i dont why they make tickets v the really awful no hoper teams cheap.. many lapsed fans (like myself) wouldnt even be paid to go those. i would go to this rangers game if it was £15, and who knows maybe get interested again, but they want £15 so nah...
    So guys that pay for season tickets pay full whack , meanwhile lapsed fans want in for £15 cos they aren't really interested.

Are you real?

So guys that pay for season tickets pay full whack , meanwhile lapsed fans want in for £15 cos they aren't really interested.

Are you real?
    scoopyboy, you may recall our conversation at Raith on Saturday when we spoke about the difference between chatting to the active Hibs support in and around games then coming on here and reading the views of some so called fans. Polar opposites.

What's the chances of the East selling out?

Are you real?
    Mental isn't it.

I pay £405 to support the club when they need it but someone should get in for £15 because they fancy a big game. That's a recipe for disaster when it comes to renewals.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Mental isn't it.

I pay £405 to support the club when they need it but someone should get in for £15 because they fancy a big game. That's a recipe for disaster when it comes to renewals.
    If all season ticket holders didn't renew and waited to get in for £15 there would be no Hibs within two seasons.

Why don't they get that?

good post...

£28 to go to any Scottish football match is robbery, never mind one in the second tier, but that's the standard price nowadays.

As others have said already in response to this post, why should season ticket holders pay full price but people who don't go to any other matches and may only be going as a one off, get in for almost half the price?

I don't think that will catch on somehow.

good post...

You don't make a lot of sense here,on one hand you say we would have to pay you to attend but if it was £15 for the Rangers game you might get interested again! Can i ask what games exactly you might get interested in?

If all season ticket holders didn't renew and waited to get in for £15 there would be no Hibs within two seasons.

Why don't they get that?
    That is correct. But maybe this game would be an opportunity to get back lapsed fans with a "special offer" that might in turn mean they come back as half ST holders for the rest of the season.

Could just be a special offer to lapsed ST holders of which I am sure there must be thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    That is correct. But maybe this game would be an opportunity to get back lapsed fans with a "special offer" that might in turn mean they come back as half ST holders for the rest of the season.

Could just be a special offer to lapsed ST holders of which I am sure there must be thousands.
    After somebody gets something really cheap it is very difficult to convert that in to a full price sale afterwards. I would hazard a guess that price is not the main reason lapsed season ticket holders don't come back.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post

The half season ticket offer meant that the Rangers game was basically free ;-)

The "free ticket for a friend" idea that season ticket holders were able to distribute was good a couple of years ago, a pity they did not keep that up.