hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edit Only recognise one name of the list, think he was interviewed by the BBC at the RP / GTF rally, demanding change.

No doubt he is a life long Hibs, but aren't we all ?

IMPO, a director needs a strong strack record in working at a senioir / director of a business, with specific skill sets in areas of management, they don't particulary need to be life long Hibs fan's.

As I said only in my personal opinion, but good luck to all
    That's a fair opinion and one that up until recently Rod would probably have agreed with. However what that would achieve is a board who all think in a 'corporate' mindset.

That's one of the things that Leeann is very keen to change. Rather than a 'business-first' approach she wants a blend of business, community and supporter perspectives.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Edit Only recognise one name of the list, think he was interviewed by the BBC at the RP / GTF rally, demanding change.

No doubt he is a life long Hibs, but aren't we all ?

IMPO, a director needs a strong strack record in working at a senioir / director of a business, with specific skill sets in areas of management, they don't particulary need to be life long Hibs fan's.

As I said only in my personal opinion, but good luck to all
    Quite a bizarre take on a "fans" rep on the board. Don't we already employ enough folk who fit that criteria?

For me they have to love Hibs, be articulate and have integrity. I don't really care what they do for a living, as long as they are able to present a different perspective to the business people.

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It's a bit harsh to hold that against him. That was probably one of the worst moments in our club's history and I'm sure many dodgy comments were made in the heat of the moment. Over the years I've probably said "Never again - I'm not going back" on average once every month of every season. Doesn't ever seem to stop me being there again the following week again though and I'd be disappointed if it was held against me.
    I'm not going to go slinging mud and maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but while of course we were all p'd off at the time this was not an isolated incident. I've sat near him for years, he's regularly loudly negative and to me would not be balanced enough to be an effective rep.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Must mean the salary we are all taking.

Think how much we could have donated to Hibs if it wasn't for the bonuses, personalised registration plates and misappropriation of funds.
    Not forgetting the Xbox one each Admin received.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can I give my vote to Maurice McBrierty. Long time Hibby and born and bred in Easter Road. Founder of an old Leith Hibs bus and quite possibly one of the most intelligent and articulate people I know. Historically he is up there with Mr Lugton and his rich charitable work with St Mary's Star of the Sea, working as a translator to the US Ambassador to the Vatican and a long a valued career in finance with KPMG and Aberdeen Asset Management makes him a stand out candidate. He is passionate and someone Dempster already values.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    Can I give my vote to Maurice McBrierty. Long time Hibby and born and bred in Easter Road. Founder of an old Leith Hibs bus and quite possibly one of the most intelligent and articulate people I know. Historically he is up there with Mr Lugton and his rich charitable work with St Mary's Star of the Sea, working as a translator to the US Ambassador to the Vatican and a long a valued career in finance with KPMG and Aberdeen Asset Management makes him a stand out candidate. He is passionate and someone Dempster already values.
    He was at the consultation meetings and his input was valued by Dempster both openly and privately.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    I'm not going to go slinging mud and maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but while of course we were all p'd off at the time this was not an isolated incident. I've sat near him for years, he's regularly loudly negative and to me would not be balanced enough to be an effective rep.
    Does this person sit in the West Lower by any chance?

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Does this person sit in the West Lower by any chance?

I'm not sure photos are that important and I'd like to think that people are voted for purely on the basis of what they have to say.

if someone is undecided after reading about two excellent candidates will they be more likely to vote for the one who doesn't have a face like a bag of spanners?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    looks a good mix of skills.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was going to put my name down, but being married to a Bollywood film star and fighting for world titles stops me putting the time and effort in the job deserves.

Whereas I'm just too old.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can you help me here.

Maurice as per your post, or Morris as per the official site?

I know a couple of the nominated individuals, but I can't praise Martin (Willis) highly enough. Did a lot of my coaching badges with him and occasionally catch up for a pint. A totally genuine guy who literally bleeds 'Hibernian'. He won't be one of the 'well kent' nominees but he would be great for our club. I know he doesn't post on here often but will encourage him to introduce himself. I think he is more of a Twitter man though!

First Team Breakthrough Wighty76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Well so far two of them have outed themselves ,and credit to them for doing so , the others should now follow Thier lead as it's clear Amits open approach has won him a few plaudits already and as I know none of the candidates Amit has already made a favourable impression on me and first impressions do make an impact .

I agree with your comments about Amit, Ronnie. I was impressed with his intro on the official site and his openness on here.

looking good for my vote.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I'm not sure photos are that important and I'd like to think that people are voted for purely on the basis of what they have to say.

if someone is undecided after reading about two excellent candidates will they be more likely to vote for the one who doesn't have a face like a bag of spanners?
    It was more to see if I could put a face to the name, God only knows how many Hibbies I know to speak to but don't know their names.

It wasn't so I could drool over them.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Whereas I'm just too old.
    I'm more from the Groucho Marx's line of thought,

" I would'nt want to join a club that would have me for a member "

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I also know Geoff Ford and would gladly speak up for him. I haven't always lived in Edinburgh and he's a very well-known Hibby amongst out-of-towners up Perth way, has organised a lot of stuff for the Perth-based Hibs fans. Another intelligent and passionate guy, I'd be delighted if he got the gig.
    I agree with this 100%. Ive known Geoff Ford for a good number of years and would highly recommend him to do a good job. I'm sure that all 17 candidates all want whats best for Hibs but what i particular like about Geoff though is as well as doing his best for the supporters in and around the Edinburgh area, he would be your "out of town man" and would make a good spokesman for the supporters from other areas

Introduction: martin

Hello everyone - I am Martin and one of the nominees for the supporter rep role. I am a passionate Hibee and confident that I can help supporters get their voices heard. The first priority has to be results on the park and we need an end to the secretive nature of our club - so whoever does fill the role needs to be prepared to listen to supporters and ensure communication works both ways.

I am am new to .net - have always read what's happening on here but preferred not to get involved in posts - due to time restrictions more than anything else really. I am a Twitter man though so use that a lot - @mrmartinwillis so feel free to get in touch there or on here...

i wont be one of the names lots will recognise from the nominees, but I promise to do the job well and for the right reasons. My photo should be on the website tomorrow... And being a teacher, I was quick to bring their attention to the two errors they made in my profile!

I would be so grateful if you would consider sending your vote my way.

GGTTH

martin
    Last edited by Martinwillis; 21-12-2014 at 01:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Best of luck, Martin, and all who have demonstrated they are willing to give their time and energy to the club; it's a commendable act. I will have a look through the nominees over the next couple of days.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff
    The interesting thing for me is the fan rep type thinking.

Legally any board member is unable to represent any one stakeholder group and they are an equal voice along with all other board members with their obligation being to the welfare of the company.

It's going to be a tricky thing to manage. As far as putting together boards goes this isn't how you would choose to ensure you have an effective board.

I do wonder how the individuals will be able to accept at times that the board will need to come to collective decisions which are hard and not necessarily what a fan would naturally want.

They will also have to accept the decisions made. People often refer to each director having a vote. Doesn't generally work that way and a collegiate decision needs to be made. If you disagree too often with the final decisions then you need to consider your position.

I'm sure they will enjoy the experience though it will be tough.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Only one female nominee. I was thinking there might be a few.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Some really interesting profiles and wish the two who get voted in the best of luck. Would be nice if all nominees could work together in some capacity regardless of who gets voted in as I reckon they all could bring something to the party.

I'm far from making my mind up but I'll follow anyone on twitter, pay attention to anyone on here and Other social media etc..

I have had a look at the profiles of all involved and am pretty
    impressed. Who ever get the job should help represent us well. They
    are all lifelong, season ticket supporters who love Hibs. To be honest
    I wouldn't have expected anything else.

The differences I saw were that most of them aren't involved in Hibs
    just now. How do we know they aren't in it for themselves and on an
    ego trip? The only ones that are doing something just now are Frank
    Dougan, Kevin Martin and Amit Moudgil..

Also very few are in supporters clubs or on .net or the Bounce so how
    are they going to get supporters views and not just give there own. We
    have enough of them already on the Board.

Finally where has the councillor Gordon Munro been in helping Hibs
    over the past few years, He has hiding so what makes him think we can
    trust him to look after us now.

My vote will be for someone who does things now so one of those three
    above. By the way does anyone know how long they last for on the Board
    and when we will be voting again? If one of the other candidates does
    something in the community or for supporters before the next time I
    would think about them but words are cheap

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi folks, would also just like to give my support to Amit for this role.

Amit has been a really good friend of mine since we first met through chance, with him standing behind me when I moved my seat in the old east stand during tony Mowbray's first season (those were the days!)

As a person Amit is friendly, outgoing and a great communicator with people on all levels. He is also intelligent, with an excellent job that gives him a great understanding of companies and business, which I think is an important aspect for the role. Whilst younger than some of the other candidates, he is mature and articulate and could offer some fresh ideas.

He has also been helping Hibs with some scouting coordination work for free, after proactively offering his assistance to George Craig following the supporters sessions held a few months back. Many folk like a moan about Hibs (especially on here!) but here is someone who is already helping the club move forward where he can.

He is passionate about Hibs and I'm confident he would give his all to representing all groups of fans for this very important role.

Some good candidates putting their names forward it seems but Amit gets my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well one of them i have seen first hand how he acted in his self interest, the other would struggle to make his mind up if asked if he wanted tea or coffee.

Would this be the free Programs at a European Match incident?

Wasn't there but heard two first-hand accounts. I was disgusted with what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by tartanhibee View Post
    By the way does anyone know how long they last for on the Board
    and when we will be voting again? If one of the other candidates does
    something in the community or for supporters before the next time I
    would think about them but words are cheap
    Post is for two years and the plan is that you would then have the option to run for nomination again, with supporters agin being invited to take part.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Would this be the free Programs at a European Match incident?

Wasn't there but heard two first-hand accounts. I was disgusted with what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Thought so.

Wouldn't get my vote.