hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joe Cardle. Ross county, very decent , consistent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I quite like the idea of bringing Towell back.

I didn't see anything of him during his loan spells with us. But I always respect players who drop a level, screw the nut and come back stronger (Steven Dobbie, Paul Hartley).

He's (by all accounts) a different player now - an attacking central midfielder, a position I think we could do with and has done well in Ireland. And he could slot in at RB as cover for Gray without the whole team going skew-whiff like it does when Lewis goes over there (even though I thought he made a decent fist of it on Saturday).

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite like the idea of bringing Towell back.

I didn't see anything of him during his loan spells with us. But I always respect players who drop a level, screw the nut and come back stronger (Steven Dobbie, Paul Hartley).

He's (by all accounts) a different player now - an attacking central midfielder, a position I think we could do with and has done well in Ireland. And he could slot in at RB as cover for Gray without the whole team going skew-whiff like it does when Lewis goes over there (even though I thought he made a decent fist of it on Saturday).
    Richie is in no way shape or form a Right back. He is however a centre mid who has been called up for the Republic of Ireland senior international team during a competitive international week (he wasn't named in any squads, but still experienced!

Quote Originally Posted by InterviewLoI View Post
    Richie is in no way shape or form a Right back. He is however a centre mid who has been called up for the Republic of Ireland senior international team during a competitive international week (he wasn't named in any squads, but still experienced!
    Fair enough but the memory that most of us on here will have had of Towell will have been playing right-back for us on loan during 2 spells. He was pretty unremarkable, not great but not awful. He wouldn't be a first choice there by any stretch of the imagination but it would be good if on occasions (like Saturday past) we had someone who could cover there.

Keep the LOI info coming by the way. In spite of Mr Fenlon no longer being here I could see it being a handy source of players for us over the years. Several Irish players have come over to do well in Scottish football and I'd like to see us actively acour Irish football for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Realistically who's going to come and sign for hibs from the spl then?
    Griffiths😊

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Keep the LOI info coming by the way. In spite of Mr Fenlon no longer being here I could see it being a handy source of players for us over the years. Several Irish players have come over to do well in Scottish football and I'd like to see us actively acour Irish football for talent.
    If this new era under Dempster is to operate at the level possible/required for a club such as ours, we should be one of the first in Scotland to discover hidden gems in Ireland, lower leagues down South/up here, etc.

Theres undoubtably talent everywhere (Andy Robertson, Seamus Coleman to name two), and with our resources we should be able to acquire it and enable them to live up to their potential.

The two boys at Stranraer could be utter finds by us, and we should always be in for these types of players. If Dundee Utd can do it, then we should be able to do it even more successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Joe Cardle. Ross county, very decent , consistent.
    Bearing in mind we can't fit Kennedy or Sinclair into this team I would suggest we won't be after wingers!

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Bearing in mind we can't fit Kennedy or Sinclair into this team I would suggest we won't be after wingers!
    That's a fair point, but it always good to have options in the squad. If you come up against opposition that struggles against width then you stick a winger on! Personally, I think our best players necessitate our diamond formation as they're all performed significantly better than the wider players in the team. Our best XI includes Robertson, Craig, McGeouch and Allan so it only makes sense to play in the diamond to get the best out of them and it also gives Cummings and Malonga each other to play off of (El Alagui will take Cummings place when he returns).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Romano Denneboom
    James Debbah, Berry Powel, and Rod Fanni.

I'd like to see a big strong striker like an "upcoming" Wilfred Bony

Chris Kane, scoring goals for fun in a poor Dumbarton side, he's a hibee too.

This transfer window will be unique in a few ways as the players we have brought in so far have all bought into Stubbs/LD's vision as to how they want the club to progress. Given that this is obviously to be back in the top division, but will probably only be attainable through the play offs, it could be a hard sell. Some good championship players are out there and would join quite enthusiastically I think, but would they be good enough for the premier league? I don't want to see players who are good at this level coming in, I'd much rather we got more of what we did in the summer, as in Gray, Allan, Al Agui etc. Time will tell, but if we get another one or two with that sort of quality that'll do for me.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Chris Kane, scoring goals for fun in a poor Dumbarton side, he's a hibee too.

I thnk he's on loan from St Johnstone.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sun journalist tweeting that American boy Jack Mcbean is on trial. Was rumoured on here last week.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sun journalist tweeting that American boy Jack Mcbean is on trial. Was rumoured on here last week.
    I think he tweeted last week he was also training with Charlton so obviously doing the rounds at the moment.

Think Stubbs likes wingbacks, that's why Booth will be here till the summer at least, this being the case then we need cover for Gray incase he gets a bad one and is out for a while, Lewis is a stop gap but not an answer. I'd like to see a holding mid to cover Robertson and another proven striker as Cummmings is very hit or miss and blinkered in his playing ( never sees a pass ). Oh and another keeper if Oxley goes, even if he stays we need cover and experience there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    That's a fair point, but it always good to have options in the squad. If you come up against opposition that struggles against width then you stick a winger on! Personally, I think our best players necessitate our diamond formation as they're all performed significantly better than the wider players in the team. Our best XI includes Robertson, Craig, McGeouch and Allan so it only makes sense to play in the diamond to get the best out of them and it also gives Cummings and Malonga each other to play off of (El Alagui will take Cummings place when he returns).

All these players can also play in a 4-2-3-1 system with Craig.........Malonga..........Mcgeouch as the attacking mids behind Alagui with Roberton and Allan behind as the holder and playmaker, Malonga linking with Alagui allowing Allan to push further forward.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He's distantly related to my boss apparently, would be a good team for him to move too as his distant family are living close

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Realistically who's going to come and sign for hibs from the spl then?
    Didnt put off Sauzee or Latapy .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Didnt put off Sauzee or Latapy .

Ggtth
    We were paying them around five grand a week and McLiesh was given resources to keep brining in players to get us back up in one season .You can't compare the era with just now We are in a completely different place as a Club and Financially at least until Sir Tom negotiates successfully with the bank we aren't in a great position to be able to buy our way out as I think if we were Stubbs has shown he has an eye for a player

There is always room for good wingers. I'd suggest that both players havent lived up to what Alan was hoping for.

Always thought Stephen Pearson could do a job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510598

Allegedly looking for a Scottish club.

Testimonial Due
    Lionel Messi, Willy Caballero, Angel Di Maria and Thomas Muller, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Currie View Post
    Always thought Stephen Pearson could do a job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510598

Allegedly looking for a Scottish club.
    Scored the winner the other day to get his team into the final. Good goal as well