hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booth

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh - I didn't think anyone on this thread had confirmed that it was him
    Not confirmed but not sure how good the Dumbarton LB is but a quality player managed by 2 ex Hibees. Doesn't leave a lot to the imagination.

We will wait and see if anyone can confirm it!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No matter what we think, Booth himself has to prove to the manager that he is worth a long term stay at Easter Road. I know he came on the scene quite early and seems to have been around for ages, but there are still a lot of questions to be answered.

Booth did well when he came on.

He's not had many opportunities this season but he has never let us down when he's been given a chance. Ok, sometimes he's a bit suspect defensively but he's very good going forward. I wasn't at the Livingston game but I heard he was excellent at CB.

His biggest problem is that he has to compete for a place in the team with Lewis Stevenson and he's arguably our most consistent performer. It will be interesting to see what happens regarding a new contract for Stevenson because if he were to leave then Booth would maybe get a decent opportunity. Booth was given a pretty lengthy (and possibly lucrative) contract a few years ago. Maybe Stubbs doesn't consider this great value for a second-choice left-back who may get limited opportunities?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Booth did well when he came on.

He's not had many opportunities this season but he has never let us down when he's been given a chance. Ok, sometimes he's a bit suspect defensively but he's very good going forward. I wasn't at the Livingston game but I heard he was excellent at CB.

His biggest problem is that he has to compete for a place in the team with Lewis Stevenson and he's arguably our most consistent performer. It will be interesting to see what happens regarding a new contract for Stevenson because if he were to leave then Booth would maybe get a decent opportunity. Booth was given a pretty lengthy (and possibly lucrative) contract a few years ago. Maybe Stubbs doesn't consider this great value for a second-choice left-back who may get limited opportunities?
    He never put a foot wrong against Livingston but they were so poor that wasn't a great achievement.