hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Can anyone who booed as we kept possession to see out game explain why?

I`ve heard some nonsense over the many years I`ve been watching Hibs at Easter Road, but the booing, by an admittedly very small band of fans, as we kept a hold of the ball and saw out the closing stage of game in comfort was certainly a new one.

Would love to hear from anyone who was booing explain their ire at that?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aye. I was totally baffled by that, too.

There was some booing in the West Upper while the training game triangles were being played out and while it wasn't me (I was too cold and bored to waste the energy required to boo) I can absolutely understand why.

Frustration. Pure and simple frustration at a pretty terrible game with not much goal mouth action.

Don't think it was anything more sinister than some fans wanting the ball played up front in the hope of a goal.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I didn't think today was as bad as I've read on several places. We dominated the game, could've won by an extra 2/3 if Cummings had taken his chances.
    We haven't won at home in nearly 3 months so I have absolutely no issue with them just playing the game out. A daft goal lost may have led to panicking again so it was good to protect the clean sheet

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was some booing in the West Upper while the training game triangles were being played out and while it wasn't me (I was too cold and bored to waste the energy required to boo) I can absolutely understand why.

Frustration. Pure and simple frustration at a pretty terrible game with not much goal mouth action.

Don't think it was anything more sinister than some fans wanting the ball played up front in the hope of a goal.
    It wasn`t a game of thrills`n`spills alright, but with such a poor home record I was happy to see out a comfortable 2-0 win in the professional manner we did at the end. The booing was out of line IMO.
    Looking at the stats, one thing that maybe summed up the game today was the foul count - just 5 apiece!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I didn't think today was as bad as I've read on several places. We dominated the game, could've won by an extra 2/3 if Cummings had taken his chances.
    We haven't won at home in nearly 3 months so I have absolutely no issue with them just playing the game out. A daft goal lost may have led to panicking again so it was good to protect the clean sheet
    Agree with that and it was the frustration with these missed chances that IMO, led to the small bout of booing as we played it out.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it was because it was Liam Craig. If Allan or Robertson had done it this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It wasn`t a game of thrills`n`spills alright, but with such a poor home record I was happy to see out a comfortable 2-0 win in the professional manner we did at the end. The booing was out of line IMO.
    Looking at the stats, one thing that maybe summed up the game today was the foul count - just 5 apiece!
    This is being blown well out of proportion BTW. Even the 6 Alloa fans in the back row could be heard loud and clear as the stadium was so quiet today, so it would take no more than 3 times that to come across as loud.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    First time we've won by more than a single goal at easter road in 2014 in all competitions I think. I'm glad we closed the game out. Yes it would have been better to have stuck a few more goals in but for building confidence and keeping a clean sheet the keeping of possession at the end was a good thing for me. Can't understand people booing today, frustrated or not.

@hibs.net private member
    The sort of idiots who boo the team when we're actually winning should realise that they are actively damaging the club by creating the sort of negative miserable atmosphere that discourages people from going to the football - absolute fuds- please GTF

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    We've complained previously that the team were unable to box out the result . Now we have Erses that boo as we retain possession in the last 5 10 minutes to see out the game and get the 3 points!!!

FFS this is part of the reason why the team play better away from Easter Road where the supporters are more intent in supporting the team not getting on their backs with negativity.

If you were one of the few who booed - have a think about what purpose your are serving!

Have to admit I booed once - regretted it a little as the result is what's improtant. However - I was just incredibly frustrated at the lack of ability I'm show from the majority of Hibs players today. The standard was simply not good enough. Some of the errors being made are errors I wouldn't accept from my son's Sunday team - embarrassing yet again.

First Team Breakthrough
    I can't understand why any 1 would boo if keeping the ball, for some reason in all levels of football if it gets to 2-1 the whole mentality changes with both sets of players.

We we have been leading at half time at Easter road a few times this season and thrown it away.

its all about getting 3points at the moment every week.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Although I didn't boo I wisny very happy.
    Having enjoyed riding the waves with Ned's Tornados, it really saddens me to see what folk will accept as entertainment these days.
    Call me an old codger but, well, you did ask.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Aye. I was totally baffled by that, too.
    Me too.

Remember how far we have fallen - we are not Barcelona.

And if you noticed not long after the boos we punted the ball up the park and lost it.

If we are winning 2-0 with 5 mins to go I am more than happy to pass the ball across the back. If they've not got the ball(i i done care at this point that it is only Alloa) they can't score. If you are looking for the Tornadoes then those days have long gone.

Remember Hamilton the dying seconds.

I didnt boo but i was absolutely bored out of my mind today! Entertainment isn't something that our team has learnt to serve up yet

@hibs.net private member
    If we had done that against Hearts at the end we would have beaten them. Instead we tried to get another goal and ended up losing one and 2 points. Good we are closing out games

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If we had done that against Hearts at the end we would have beaten them. Instead we tried to get another goal and ended up losing one and 2 points. Good we are closing out games
    No we didn't.

We just sat back and let them play out from the keeper without pressing them at all!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I thought the boos (even if it is blown out of proportion) were a disgrace. Symptomatic of our home form over the last few years that booing anything and everything has become the default position for some folk.

Totally agree with Danderhall's point about Craig, and Pathead's point about closing out the game.

At 2-0 with a couple of minutes left the game is won unless we do something stupid. We didn't, and so we made sure of the win. That's good play, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    No we didn't.

We just sat back and let them play out from the keeper without pressing them at all!
    If we had just taken it into the corners or passed it around the back and killed the game, their goalie would never had got the ball to give it to their centre half who would never have got the chance to shoot.

So yes we did :-)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    No we didn't.

I felt at times today this was a problem, for me i was happy with the possession game we played, what i wasn't happy with was the lack of urgency to close them down in their own half.

The one time we truly closed them down in their half we created a chance that resulted in Handling's goal. These guys aren't a Guardiola back 4 who can ping it about on there own 18 yard line.

I felt more pressing would have resulted in more mistakes by them and subsequently more chances for us. There attack seemed virtually non existent i didn't see the risk in pushing up.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If we had just taken it into the corners or passed it around the back and killed the game, their goalie would never had got the ball to give it to their centre half who would never have got the chance to shoot.

So yes we did :-)
    Sorry, but you can't even begin to compare today with the Hearts game. That was high intensity and had the opposition chasing for everything and not giving us time (even with ten men) while today was the polar opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought the boos (even if it is blown out of proportion) were a disgrace. Symptomatic of our home form over the last few years that booing anything and everything has become the default position for some folk.

Totally agree with Danderhall's point about Craig, and Pathead's point about closing out the game.

At 2-0 with a couple of minutes left the game is won unless we do something stupid. We didn't, and so we made sure of the win. That's good play, IMHO.
    You could also argue that rubbish performances and hardly any wins has become symptomatic and the default position too. Chicken and Egg kind of situation.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It was a tiny number who booed, and running the clock down at home to Alloa frustrated them. Soon forgotten.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Some people are miserable, take a 2-0 win at Easter Road everytime against any opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think it was because it was Liam Craig. If Allan or Robertson had done it this thread wouldn't exist.

Absolutely spot on pal!!! The players and management must have went away home today scratching there heads. Some fans need to have a word with themselves. I can't stand booing your team at anytime but when we're 2-0 up closing the game out having struggled to win at home this season?? **** me. And sorry.... Frustration doesn't cut it. There's a **** load of things in life that frustrate me but I Dinnae throw the toys out the pram and boo every time something frustrates me. Absolute bull****. I'm sure the manager and players would have loved to have played Barcelona esq football but you know what?? We ain't that good. Team did well to win on a cold, wintry day, at home where we've struggled recently. But hey.... They've paid there money so can shout what they like or boo all they want...

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry, but you can't even begin to compare today with the Hearts game. That was high intensity and had the opposition chasing for everything and not giving us time (even with ten men) while today was the polar opposite.
    I am just commenting on the closing out of the game which we did today.

In the dying minutes against Hearts a forward who tried to cross the ball. If he had taken it into the corner and killed it we would have won. How often did we see Hearts do that to us infact, even as recently as the last Tynecastle derby they took it into the corner and we had a player sent off in injury time.

If we can do this against the likes of Alloa we stand a better chance of doing it in other games. Not pretty but at times necessary.

Shame the first 86 minutes was so bad but it was a home win and 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    Have to admit I booed once - regretted it a little as the result is what's improtant. However - I was just incredibly frustrated at the lack of ability I'm show from the majority of Hibs players today. The standard was simply not good enough. Some of the errors being made are errors I wouldn't accept from my son's Sunday team - embarrassing yet again.
    I know I'm so embarrassed to be a Hibs fan tonight.

Nevermind 5-1 or 7-0 against Malmo, or even getting relegated by Hamilton at Easter road after having a 2 goal cushion.

Beating Alloa 2-0 is by far my lowest point as a Hibs fan. I don't know if I'll ever be back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    I know I'm so embarrassed to be a Hibs fan tonight.

Nevermind 5-1 or 7-0 against Malmo, or even getting relegated by Hamilton at Easter road after having a 2 goal cushion.

Beating Alloa 2-0 is by far my lowest point as a Hibs fan. I don't know if I'll ever be back.
    You're nuts - you were delighted last week after we lost and now on a downer cos we won.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    You could also argue that rubbish performances and hardly any wins has become symptomatic and the default position too. Chicken and Egg kind of situation.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net