hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Khan vs Alexander Tonight.

Who is staying up for this one.

Any idea what time the fight will start at roughly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is staying up for this one.

Any idea what time the fight will start at roughly.
    Think the ring walk is scheduled for 4am! Might set an alarm myself rather than stay up

Quote Originally Posted by SmithyHibee View Post
    Think the ring walk is scheduled for 4am! Might set an alarm myself rather than stay up

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Recording, days of getting up or staying up are behind me. Looking forward to it though, no idea which way it will go. HopinG Amir will win as the possibility of the mayweather fight would be awesome. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    Recording, days of getting up or staying up are behind me. Looking forward to it though, no idea which way it will go. HopinG Amir will win as the possibility of the mayweather fight would be awesome. 
    Yep, give me something to watch after Man Utd do Liverpool. Reds

Looks a good card for tonight.

Have to remember not to look at my Sky Sports updates in the morning on my phone.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Good fight from khan, didnt really expect that from him, so controlled. Hopefully he gets a huge fight now as there isnt really that many out there that can trouble him now

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Good fight from khan, didnt really expect that from him, so controlled. Hopefully he gets a huge fight now as there isnt really that many out there that can trouble him now
    Just watched it. Khan looks a much more composed and rounded fighter since switching to Virgil Hunter.

Next fight is tricky for him. Floyd has said he wants to fight Pacquaio on May 2nd but this has been heard a million times before from both sides so who knows. If it isn't Mayweather next for Khan then the obvious choice is a fight at Wembley or in Manchester against Kell Brook but he doesn't seem to fancy that at all.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant remember Khan fighting this well before, he really was in control from the first bell to the last. Very impressive from the Lancashire lad.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just watched it. Khan looks a much more composed and rounded fighter since switching to Virgil Hunter.

Next fight is tricky for him. Floyd has said he wants to fight Pacquaio on May 2nd but this has been heard a million times before from both sides so who knows. If it isn't Mayweather next for Khan then the obvious choice is a fight at Wembley or in Manchester against Kell Brook but he doesn't seem to fancy that at all.
    If you were him would you fight kell brook? Brook IMO isnt in the same class as these guys and would get a hiding from khan, especially based on this fight

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    If you were him would you fight kell brook? Brook IMO isnt in the same class as these guys and would get a hiding from khan, especially based on this fight
    It's a big money fight that he'd likely win for a world title.

Looking at the rankings around 140 or 147lbs I don't see a lot for him. Pacquaio or Mayweather but everyone wants to fight them. He won't go near a ring with Garcia or Maidana again. Tim Bradley? Juan Manuel Marquez? A banger like Guerrero? Shawn Porter? I'm not sure any of them are bigger fights than an all British fight with Brook.

He's not a huge draw. He took less than 300 fans to Vegas last night and early PPV figures are poor. Ultimately that's what will decide who fights Mayweather or Pacquiao next.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years