hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

CM Punk signs for the UFC

Whats the opinion on this? Will he fail as he is a 'Fake' Wrestler or will he do well and make a name for himself in another sport?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Read a bit about it yesterday, he hasn't even picked a weight class yet?!
    Time will tell but I doubt he will have the same impact as Lesner although I must admit I dont really know who CM Punk is....
    What's your view?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibs-Liverpool
    He said that he will probably be middleweight but will also have a couple test cuts to see if he can make welterweight. This is completely different to lesnar who had experience as a competitive wrestler before joining the ufc aswell as all the fake wresting stuff. Cm punk has trained a lot of jiu jitsu with the Gracie family so that's a pretty good start for him.. He will get low level fighters at first to see where he is unlike lesnar who got thrown in at the deep end. Will be interesting either way..

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GB6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said that he will probably be middleweight but will also have a couple test cuts to see if he can make welterweight. This is completely different to lesnar who had experience as a competitive wrestler before joining the ufc aswell as all the fake wresting stuff. Cm punk has trained a lot of jiu jitsu with the Gracie family so that's a pretty good start for him.. He will get low level fighters at first to see where he is unlike lesnar who got thrown in at the deep end. Will be interesting either way..
    I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on, not really bothered about the fake wrestling stuff as those guys are all athletes at the end of the day.

First Team Breakthrough
    He has virtually no martial arts background so he won't be able do anything in UFC, maybe he'll beat some hand picked fighters. This is just marketing.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    To be fair i wished he was still in WWE.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16