hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That the boy who was going to put in 100,000 a month or some nonsense?
    yip thats him

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    was this global hibby?

Was that no him that claimed he was put off by criticism on here?

He could become an Anon Donner like what Hearts have But he he clearly wants to Own the Club yet doesn't sound like he has the Wealth to significantly put in to improve us
    Am always wary about Locsl Boy foes Good and wants to own Team he supported or support the Team from the Area they grew up in
    Usually they want to be The Owner to the detriment of seeing the Bigger Picture
    Thought the whole idea of Fans buying up Shares was so this couldn't Happen
    I know it's just a story at present ,but it does bring us back to the question of what happens when S T F does go at some future point

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Was that no him that claimed he was put off by criticism on here?
    Think so, it was bizarre.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Investor fine, owner no thanks.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    I was told 10 days ago the board were trying to sell the club to Dublin based Hibs fans,didn't believe it then ,don't believe it now,I'm happy to leave the club in the hands of Tom farmer, I understand he is not in good health ,I'm not casting any doubts about the integrity of any future owners,but does any know the globalhibby.
    Hi, I know Globalhibby and have vouched for him on here in the past. He is genuinely Hibs minded.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Think so, it was bizarre.
    As I recall the criticism was a hell of lot more than was published on here and involved some rather unpleasant communications by other forms. I recall also being called various hearts related names for saying he was real. Not necessary

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Once HSL get to 25% the future of ER is safe and will never be sold off. Once this is achieved i will feel a lot happier about ownership changing hands.
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Gray View Post
    Hi, I know Globalhibby and have vouched for him on here in the past. He is genuinely Hibs minded.
    has he ever actually put serious money into the club?

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    has he ever actually put serious money into the club?
    I know he was prepared to, but don't know if he did.

As I recall the criticism was a hell of lot more than was published on here and involved some rather unpleasant communications by other forms. I recall also being called various hearts related names for saying he was real. Not necessary
    Definitely no need for that.

I know he was prepared to, but don't know if he did.
    was all a bit weird when he was posting on here, ive no doubt the guy is a fan but dont think he has the money to push us on, a wee cash injection would be nice though

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Well as I recall, people asked some perfectly reasonable questions in response to his vague, evasive posts in a polite and straightforward tone and the toys were thrown hysterically out the pram in all directions in a flash. Potential owner of the club? No thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    It really all depends on his personal wealth. Clearly he’s a wealthy individual but whether he’s got £3m to buy Hibs and money to safeguard Hibs through the bad times remains to be seen. I will always be grateful to STF but maybe a change of ownership will bring additional investment.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    It really all depends on his personal wealth. Clearly he’s a wealthy individual but whether he’s got £3m to buy Hibs and money to safeguard Hibs through the bad times remains to be seen. I will always be grateful to STF but maybe a change of ownership will bring additional investment.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Well as I recall, people asked some perfectly reasonable questions in response to his vague, evasive posts in a polite and straightforward tone and the toys were thrown hysterically out the pram in all directions in a flash. Potential owner of the club? No thanks.
    You are basing his responses on what was in the public domain. There is more to the story.

It says in the article he was earning £80k a month for a while. If he did that for long enough then did something clever with it then he may well have a few bob.

We should be self-sufficient anyway, relying on someone to help out as a last resort. The sensible way we have been run under Farmer is the way that every club should aspire to be run.

You are basing his responses on what was in the public domain. There is more to the story.
    What else are we supposed to base it on?

If there's not one wealthy individual out there that has the necessary funds to buy out Tom Farmer and Petrie, then surely it falls to our BoD to seek out individuals (similar to the ones that have put money into Aberdeen and that lot) with a view to leveraging up their stake over time to give them more say/control in tandem with Tom Farmer's heirs?

If that discussion can t be held in public at the AGM (for reasons i fully respect by the way), then what exactly encourages fans to continue to contribute to HSL to get us to the oft-quoted 25% shareholding, and then beyond that?

In summary, what does the future framework of the club look like? Not unreasonable questions i think, from a fan base that have ponied up in the past, continue to do so, and would just like a wee bit more information from our Board moving forward?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Was this the dude that naively thought he’d come one the forums as part of an opening gambit to invest in the club - yet appeared to be a little behind the curve with how to approach things or anticipate reaction from social media / online forums?

At at least Rod steers clear of the message boards :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It says in the article he was earning £80k a month for a while. If he did that for long enough then did something clever with it then he may well have a few bob.

We should be self-sufficient anyway, relying on someone to help out as a last resort. The sensible way we have been run under Farmer is the way that every club should aspire to be run.
    I suspect STF has bailed us out to the tune of several £millions over his stewardship. Does that count as self sufficient? Additional investment always welcome.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Surely it will take a lot more than £3million to buy the club? I have wondered what the market value of our club would be. I suppose you would need to factor in the debt owed to STF and the value of assets like East Mains.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Surely it will take a lot more than £3million to buy the club? I have wondered what the market value of our club would be. I suppose you would need to factor in the debt owed to STF and the value of assets like East Mains.
    I don't know about market value, but net asset value of the club at June 2018 was £19.8m.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I suspect STF has bailed us out to the tune of several £millions over his stewardship. Does that count as self sufficient? Additional investment always welcome.
    Undoubtedly he will have done, but thanks to his good work the club he passes on will be far more stable (and less likely to be in need of being bailed out) than the one he inherited (which was a basket case).

The first aim of his successor will be to avoid slipping back into bad habits.

From what it says in the article, he doesn't appear to have any new plans to buy the club.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    From what it says in the article, he doesn't appear to have any new plans to buy the club.
    You're right. It's a profile piece on him, of which the Hibs connection is a part.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You're right. It's a profile piece on him, of which the Hibs connection is a part.

I’d be more interested in his plans for the club rather than worry about his personal wealth. We don’t really need outside investment (and definitely not if it is in the form of loans) we just need someone who know how to run a football club.
    For me, just now that means letting Leeann Dempster carry on the work she is doing.
    There are still things I think the board get wrong though like our turning a blind eye to Rangers cheating and allowing the LNS report to stand.
    STF is not going to be here forever so it’s probably time to start planning for the future and finding out what else is out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    I seem to recall his 'plan' to the extent it could even be called that basically involved him putting up a bit of money, then fans contributing towards him buying the club. He essentially wanted to buy Hibs with the fans' money, and when that was pointed out it was toys out the pram, youse all don't deserve me.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    So were David Duff & Jim Gray.