hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The definition of a happy clapper. Mustn't grumble!
    It may be more than happy clapping.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We are not even close to being relatively debt free. :-(
    Maybe should've made that clearer, not in as much debt as other clubs in Scotland, maybe not this past year or so but in general we're fairly healthy as a club, unless I've missed a few million here and there, out of curiosity, what is our debt at the moment??

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    On the other hand, Farmer's business empire dwarfs both - not sure this really tells us anything. Profit certainly doesn't.

I make no judgement either way, it was just in response to a previous post.

@hibs.net private member
    What do you mean by that?

Coaching Staff
    Maybe just having different people making these decisions will lead to better outcomes.
    Your constant defence of the board which has us struggling 16 points of the pace in the championship has me baffled.
    There is a difference between making bad decisions and ignoring the team as was the allegation.

And no, I'm not really supporting the current board at all, I think it needs changed, with a new chairman preferably.

I do support the current executive and footbaling operations though, it seems to be creating the right set up to be succesful in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I make no judgement either way, it was just in response to a previous post.
    Fair enough, I was really responding to the debate in general rather than your post specifically.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Maybe just having different people making these decisions will lead to better outcomes.
    Your constant defence of the board which has us struggling 16 points of the pace in the championship has me baffled.
    There have been fundamental changes to the way the club is being run with the complete overhaul of the Football department including how the Academy is run. Leeann Dempster has a reputation as one of the best Football executives in the country with a club who have on the park kicked our ass's for years on end.

These are huge changes which will take time and the people involved need to be given a proper chance to do their job to the best of their ability. IMO RP should leave and I genuinely hope that this is the next step and announced soon as his very presence doesnt help the perception of a new broom to some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Fair enough, I was really responding to the debate in general rather than your post specifically.

No problem, I just wanted to make it clear I'm not trying to push Skellet as our saviour.

Some people on here (not you) have a way of reading too much into it when people start looking for facts or discussing things analytically.

It's like a minefield at times, though I'm sure you know that yourself

Coaching Staff
    Okay, so if I have a point of view that is different to yours I must be up to something, is that right?

So is your cheerleading for Buy Hibs just a matter of interest to you in the same way or do you have anything to declare?

You are all over this stuff more than anyone else. That's fair enough so why suggest others have some agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    It seems to be their defence mechanism at the moment. Anyone who's dead against it is working for the club!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There have been fundamental changes to the way the club is being run with the complete overhaul of the Football department including how the Academy is run. Leeann Dempster has a reputation as one of the best Football executives in the country with a club who have on the park kicked our ass's for years on end.

These are huge changes which will take time and the people involved need to be given a proper chance to do their job to the best of their ability. IMO RP should leave and I genuinely hope that this is the next step and announced soon as his very presence doesnt help the perception of a new broom to some fans.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Okay, so if I have a point of view that is different to yours I must be up to something, is that right?

So is your cheerleading for Buy Hibs just a matter of interest to you in the same way or do you have anything to declare?

You are all over this stuff more than anyone else. That's fair enough so why suggest others have some agenda?

Oh come on Andy, that's a bit rich.

You've been posting on here for years and never once thought it worthwhile to tell people you're actually STF's nephew.........

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Oh come on Andy, that's a bit rich.

You've been posting on here for years and never once thought it worthwhile to tell people you're actually STF's nephew.........

Just asking the same question back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It seems to be their defence mechanism at the moment. Anyone who's dead against it is working for the club!
    I'm not part of anything, thank you very much.

I have absolutely nothing to declare other than I care about my club and I'm disgusted that it's been run in such as fashion that we find ourselves 16 points of the pace in the championship. I'm even more disgusted that none of the current board see this as a resigning issue.
    I have no ties to BuyHibs at all. I attended one meeting and have pledged. That's it. Nothing else to declare.
    What I am surprised at is the fact that you feel the need to attack this proposal at every turn. If it's not for you, you don't need to pledge. You've said yourself that you think it has no chance of success, yet you still keep up the attacks anyway. Why not just ignore it if it is dead in the water anyway?

I'm sorry I don't recall anything like this being said and not all supporters who are keen on change are working with us.

We are all Hibs supporters and we don't want a them and us.

Coaching Staff
    I have absolutely nothing to declare other than I care about my club and I'm disgusted that it's been run in such as fashion that we find ourselves 16 points of the pace in the championship. I'm even more disgusted that none of the current board see this as a resigning issue.
    I have no ties to BuyHibs at all. I attended one meeting and have pledged. That's it. Nothing else to declare.
    What I am surprised at is the fact that you feel the need to attack this proposal at every turn. If it's not for you, you don't need to pledge. You've said yourself that you think it has no chance of success, yet you still keep up the attacks anyway. Why not just ignore it if it is dead in the water anyway?
    So if that's your advice for me, if you support it why not just pledge and then leave it there?

I'm not attacking anything, I am questioning and being critical where there is a lack of clarity in what they are proposing. Like you I care about my club enough to want to ensure that anyone who wants to be involved in owning it is challenged appropriately.

I think clarity in the debate is important too and so where I see where they is a clear mixing up of issues such as ownership and day to day management then I will want to discuss that too.

Anyone einvolved in something like this should welcome the opportunity for it to be kept under the spotlight and should well prepared to provide the answers to the questions that will be raised. If you don't answer things people will keep asking, well, until they lose interest and just give it up as dead.

I don't remember a time when you were ever unhappy about the way the club was being run?
    Out of order.

So if that's your advice for me, if you support it why not just pledge and then leave it there?

I'm not attacking anything, I am questioning and being critical where there is a lack of clarity in what they are proposing. Like you I care about my club enough to want to ensure that anyone who wants to be involved in owning it is challenged appropriately.

I think clarity in the debate is important too and so where I see where they is a clear mixing up of issues such as ownership and day to day management then I will want to discuss that too.

Anyone einvolved in something like this should welcome the opportunity for it to be kept under the spotlight and should well prepared to provide the answers to the questions that will be raised. If you don't answer things people will keep asking, well, until they lose interest and just give it up as dead.
    I wish you would challenge the people who currently own our club with the same vigour.
    Maybe then we would not find ourselves in the situation we are in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuyHibs View Post
    I'm sorry I don't recall anything like this being said and not all supporters who are keen on change are working with us

We are all Hibs supporters and we don't want a them and us.
    Well said, I for one appreciate you taking the time to come on here & update us & answer the questions as openly as possible. Thanks!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I wish you would challenge the people who currently own our club with the same vigour.
    Right out the ground for 6.

Coaching Staff
    I'm not really keeping up with whether you are talking about the owner or people who have been running the club or people who are currently running the club. You are using them all interchangeably and it's a very important point to understand and have clarity on.

For what its worth Rod Petrie has been accountable at an executive level for the past few years as well as leading the board and he should be leving due to its recent performance. The change has been made at exec level and now it should be made at board level. There should also be other board changes and I've also made that clear.

I also challenged pretty early on the way that the last manager was running the football side of things.

I'm pleased to hear that my contribution could have saved us from this situation but sadly I don't think it would have, just as my personal thought and challenges on this don't matter either - the majority of fans will do what they want to do.

They should have the right facts to make the calls though.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    They haven't chosen to ignore it, that's just plain unhelpful to any debtate. They have made some bad decisions and some that just didn't turn out the way most of us would have expected. I beleive the intention has always been to try and put the best team possible out on the park though.

A new ownership model doesn't address how the people actually running the club make better decisions. I think the recent appointments and overhaul of the off the field stufff probably does go some way to get us back on the right track.
    Not to sure about that Andy, our squad has been getting worse over the years, diluted is the word i would use, even Pat Stanton has spoke about the poor quality of players that have been coming through the doors at ER over the last few years, the amount of loan players that have been and gone over the years must be in high the figures and i can only think of a few that have been good for us, and then we had Butcher in his transfer window, he wanted Rooney and another player who's name escapes me (may have played for Motherwell at some point) who came in to a bit of form for his own team and probably why we lost out on him, and then boom we get three players on loan who we had never heard of and weren't very good, i can't even remember the names of two of them just the lad Watmore who started of brightly but then ended up injury prone and fading away as the season went on, so I'm not to sure if we have been trying to put out the best team possible on the park over the last few seasons, and if it is then it never worked as we fell into the Championship, hopefully things are starting to change with the quality of player we bring in under Stubbs and Dempster.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Maybe should've made that clearer, not in as much debt as other clubs in Scotland, maybe not this past year or so but in general we're fairly healthy as a club, unless I've missed a few million here and there, out of curiosity, what is our debt at the moment??
    Not to sure about that J-C, take away The Rangers, and what other club in Scotland has a bigger debt than us, pretty sure the figure being banded about is that we are £8m in debt and that could rise to possibly £10m when the next set of accounts are issued, unless STF gives us another loan to clear the last year of debt to make the accounts look a bit better.

Who are you talking about here.?

@hibs.net private member
    Part of me thinks that STF would not sell the club to anyone without consulting the fans first but then he has not consulted the fans on anything for about 20 years so he probably would. :-(
    Straiton?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Straiton?
    That always made me laugh, he supposedly saved the club for the local community, then thought moving it to the other side of town might be good for it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That always made me laugh, he supposedly saved the club for the local community, then thought moving it to the other side of town might be good for it?
    Think it was an option that was explored purely for financial reasons, nothing else. Bottom line is he didn't do it, although it probably suited him financially to do so.

Hearts were supposed to be going with us and comments in the past couple of weeks suggest they might still have to move. I don't think that applies to us.

I honestly don't believe the board past god knows how many years had the best intention if getting the best team on the park. I think the board wanted to happily sit mid table in the SPL and thought we prob would as well. By not taking the odd risk on a good player rather than a journeyman (Jnr Agogo) to name just one has cost us very dearly. As most know Petrie was heavily involved in all those deals and when a managers first targets get laughed out they then get to pick from utter dross. The proof and hard facts are the results and performances.

Why he's still there shows exactly the man he is. Arrogant selfish and up his arse. Even guys who backed him have seemingly saw the light.

The positive is we are now finally going in the right direction under Leeann and Stubbs. It's taken us to be relegated for a slight change. If he goes more fans would return that I'm sure. Not thousands but his presence stops many folk coming. I don't think he'll leave until Farmer sells. Why would he? He's above everybody and doesn't see the real fans just walks about smiling like a fat smug cat in his land of Petrie I'm "amazing"

When he goes and we sell this club we will hopefully prosper and go onto better things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Think it was an option that was explored purely for financial reasons, nothing else. Bottom line is he didn't do it, although it probably suited him financially to do so.

Hearts were supposed to be going with us and comments in the past couple of weeks suggest they might still have to move. I don't think that applies to us.
    Hearts were never coming with us. They had their own plans to build a stadium near the Gyle. Both fell through and thank god as well for our sakes.