hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuyHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure what was or wasn't heard to be honest but I can be absolutely 100% that Richard Skellett has had nothing to do with BuyHibs.
    I should add, when I started this thread it was on the basis on Richard Skellett going it alone. I wasn't expecting to unearth (or looking for) any links to BuyHibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We can confirm again that Richard Skellett has had nothing to do with BuyHibs.
    For me that raises the question why not? He was willing to 'pledge' £1m up front plus £20k a month and claimed to have no interest in owning the club. Surely that ties in with BuyHibs's stated ambition and would provide a huge chunk of the money they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I should add, when I started this thread it was on the basis on Richard Skellett going it alone. I wasn't expecting to unearth (or looking for) any links to BuyHibs.
    There are no links. Richard and Neil previously spoke prior to BuyHibs but nothing has been discussed since

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    For me that raises the question why not? He was willing to 'pledge' £1m up front plus £20k a month and claimed to have no interest in owning the club. Surely that ties in with BuyHibs's stated ambition and would provide a huge chunk of the money they needed.
    When Neil opted to go down the SDS then BuyHibs route, Richard opted for his own path. There is nothing to say that such discussions won't happen . As stated previously BuyHibs will engage with any and all Hibs minded people

When Neil opted to go down the SDS then BuyHibs route, Richard opted for his own path. There is nothing to say that such discussions won't happen . As stated previously BuyHibs will engage with any and all Hibs minded people
    Does that mean that prior to the SDS involvement there was contact and that Richard has chosen not to be involved.

I'm not being awkward for the sake of it BTW, I want to be able to judge which of the two options (if they are options) I would prefer and whether we're seeing the start of a power struggle.

Which is a bit strange IMHO. IIRC BuyHibs was exactly the sort of initiative that Skillet was looking for before he would commit his £1m and £20k pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Does that mean that prior to the SDS involvement there was contact and that Richard has chosen not to be involved.

I'm not being awkward for the sake of it BTW, I want to be able to judge which of the two options (if they are options) I would prefer and whether we're seeing the start of a power struggle.
    CG We do not expect any power struggle , We think Richard is aware that any offering needs the fans onboard so if he is in talks and we have no better knowledge than anyone else I would expect him to be open and engage with the fans. We would hope that all Hibs people would see the benefit of this.

That's our take but we cannot speak for Richard or anyone else.
    Hibs are the most important issue and all we want is what's best for our club

Part of me thinks that STF would not sell the club to anyone without consulting the fans first but then he has not consulted the fans on anything for about 20 years so he probably would. :-(

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Could this not lend weight to the rumour the op was talking about?

(Don't expect you to know the answer to that)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Part of me thinks that STF would not sell the club to anyone without consulting the fans first but then he has not consulted the fans on anything for about 20 years so he probably would. :-(
    If he is going to consult with the fans it will be through Rod Petrie and the board. The recent club survey suggests he is doing that now, but it was never going to be a quick process - neither is the BuyHibs proposal and in truth it doesn't need to be.

CG We do not expect any power struggle , We think Richard is aware that any offering needs the fans onboard so if he is in talks and we have no better knowledge than anyone else I would expect him to be open and engage with the fans. We would hope that all Hibs people would see the benefit of this.

That's our take but we cannot speak for Richard or anyone else.
    Hibs are the most important issue and all we want is what's best for our club
    Fair enough. My concern is that the timing of both the emergence of BuyHibs and the approach by Richard Skellet if there was one has been driven by each trying to get ahead of the other (and the club).

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    If STF, and the Board, are doing their job properly, part of their consultation with the fans will be through monitoring discussions on here and the Bounce. Although that isn't necessarily fully representative of the fan-base, it still provides a flavour of what the fans are concerned about.

Although most are in agreement about what is most important, the experiences of Hearts, Rangers and ourselves have led to a fairly high-level debate about matters other than just the team. That is good.

By reviewing those debates, the club will be better able to form their own plan, or to judge the plans of others.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If STF, and the Board, are doing their job properly, part of their consultation with the fans will be through monitoring discussions on here and the Bounce. Although that isn't necessarily fully representative of the fan-base, it still provides a flavour of what the fans are concerned about.

Although most are in agreement about what is most important, the experiences of Hearts, Rangers and ourselves have led to a fairly high-level debate about matters other than just the team. That is good.

By reviewing those debates, the club will be better able to form their own plan, or to judge the plans of others.
    It's a shame they never picked up on our concerns about the team over the last 7 years. :-(

I think the first sentence there is the key.

It's a shame they never picked up on our concerns about the team over the last 7 years. :-(

I think the first sentence there is the key.

This is why both parties looking to buy Hibs are doing so, keeping us relatively debt free is all and good but the huge decline on the park is very worrying and something the board has chosen to ignore these last few years.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fact? No not really.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This is why both parties looking to buy Hibs are doing so, keeping us relatively debt free is all and good but the huge decline on the park is very worrying and something the board has chosen to ignore these last few years.
    They haven't chosen to ignore it, that's just plain unhelpful to any debtate. They have made some bad decisions and some that just didn't turn out the way most of us would have expected. I beleive the intention has always been to try and put the best team possible out on the park though.

A new ownership model doesn't address how the people actually running the club make better decisions. I think the recent appointments and overhaul of the off the field stufff probably does go some way to get us back on the right track.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Don't want to bad mouth Richard Skellett as I have no idea of his personal circumstances but having looked up his company Allied Worldwide Ltd ( Annual T/O £ 12 million ) located at Network House, 48 Bridge Street , High Wycombe.

Looking at Google Street, I think his global headquarters are located next to the kebab shop !

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.63...hojJ1SnJwg!2e0

Can never be sure with addresses on Google maps, any Netters in that part of the world want to take a walk down the street and see exactly what the situation is with our potential new owner.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Don't want to bad mouth Richard Skellett as I have no idea of his personal circumstances but having looked up his company Allied Worldwide Ltd ( Annual T/O £ 12 million ) located at Network House, 48 Bridge Street , High Wycombe.

Looking at Google Street, I think his global headquarters are located next to the kebab shop !

Can never be sure with addresses on Google maps, any Netters in that part of the world want to take a walk down the street and see exactly what the situation is with our potential new owner.
    The turnover is more than Hibs to be fair, but that doesn't mean he has made sufficient profits to have the capacity to buy us.

His attempts on here were about as badly managed as the BuyHibs stuff though!

Don't see the point in going from one owner with cash to another with cash unless you also see them running the operations of the club and adding some value there. I'm quite happy with the operations of the club just now, though early days on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The turnover is more than Hibs to be fair, but that doesn't mean he has made sufficient profits to have the capacity to buy us.

Don't see the point in going from one owner with cash to another with cash unless you also see them running the operations of the club and adding some value there. I'm quite happy with the operations of the club just now, though early days on that front.

Company profit after tax was £ 246,325.00.

Company profit after tax was £ 246,325.00.

Anybody know what Hibs' profit was in recent years?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Anybody know what Hibs' profit was in recent years?
    2013 profit £132k

2012 loss £957k.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    2013 profit £132k

2012 loss £957k.

Cheers.

So Allied Worldwide doesn't seem to be a massive company but it's fair to say it's bigger than Hibs, in terms of Turnover and Profit.

It is the building directly across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post

Side View with Sign

Cheers.

So Allied Worldwide doesn't seem to be a massive company but it's fair to say it's bigger than Hibs, in terms of Turnover and Profit.
    On the other hand, Farmer's business empire dwarfs both - not sure this really tells us anything. Profit certainly doesn't.

Right, that's a bit more promising !

I don't remember a time when you were ever unhappy about the way the club was being run?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We are not even close to being relatively debt free. :-(

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I don't remember a time when you were ever unhappy about the way the club was being run?
    The definition of a happy clapper. Mustn't grumble!

They haven't chosen to ignore it, that's just plain unhelpful to any debtate. They have made some bad decisions and some that just didn't turn out the way most of us would have expected. I beleive the intention has always been to try and put the best team possible out on the park though.

A new ownership model doesn't address how the people actually running the club make better decisions. I think the recent appointments and overhaul of the off the field stufff probably does go some way to get us back on the right track.
    Maybe just having different people making these decisions will lead to better outcomes.
    Your constant defence of the board which has us struggling 16 points of the pace in the championship has me baffled.