hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last seasob they went through a long spell of playing against 10 men every week. Short memories of penalties been given just outside the 20yard box
    I was trying to work out of they went a round without a helping hand on their recent cup win. I recall them getting the benefit of the red against Auchenleck Talbot, a penalty in injury time for a Suso dive against St Johnstone, we can all remember the Celtic semi and I'm not even going to start on the final. Didn't they get an early penalty for a foul outside the box in the 1998 final too? Fuds

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I was trying to work out of they went a round without a helping hand on their recent cup win. I recall them getting the benefit of the red against Auchenleck Talbot, a penalty in injury time for a Suso dive against St Johnstone, we can all remember the Celtic semi and I'm not even going to start on the final. Didn't they get an early penalty for a foul outside the box in the 1998 final too? Fuds
    Did auchinleck not have a goal disallowed
    in the last min?

Also recall they played st mirren who scored only for ref to disallow and award a pen which they missed.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Deciding to disallow Commons' goal was just as bad a decision as the penalty award. At least it didnae really matter by then.
    Perhaps I'm technically wrong here if someone can tell me the exact wording of the rules as everyone else I've heard seems to be in agreement that the goal should have stood but from looking at the incident, I can understand why the goal was ruled out.

Alexander had his hand on top of the ball when Commons kicked it out from under his hand and put it in the net. Would Alexander not be deemed to have been in possession of the ball at that moment?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Good cos he is the biggest yam roaster of them all. Get it roond ye Preston ya fat Yam roaster ****er! Ps if you don't already know I hate that bunch of cheating bassa's and everyone and thing associated with them.
    You are spot on about Preston

Absolute ****er of the first degree

Just had a quick browse through the gunts comments on the Scotsman/EEN pages.

They truly take the biscuit when it comes hypocrisy and roasterdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Perhaps I'm technically wrong here if someone can tell me the exact wording of the rules as everyone else I've heard seems to be in agreement that the goal should have stood but from looking at the incident, I can understand why the goal was ruled out.

Alexander had his hand on top of the ball when Commons kicked it out from under his hand and put it in the net. Would Alexander not be deemed to have been in possession of the ball at that moment?
    The rule is that the keeper has to be in control of the ball, whether one hand, two hands or none... The keeper wasn't in control of it as he had spilled it and just got his hand onto the ball the second commons played it!

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    You are spot on about Preston Absolute ****er of the first degree
    Yip. Of them all I detest that roasters the most. No hate him if I'm honest. I know hate is a strong word but that guy deserves it for his anti Hibs comments. Constantly putting us down.

Bitter I am indeed.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i would seriously love to hear collums explanation of what exactly was wrong with 'goal' number 5, the linesman was already running away back up for the KO, bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The rule is that the keeper has to be in control of the ball, whether one hand, two hands or none... The keeper wasn't in control of it as he had spilled it and just got his hand onto the ball the second commons played it!
    Fair enough.

Don't get me wrong, if I had been the referee I would have allowed Commons to pick the ball up with his hands and throw it into the net and I would still have awarded the goal.

I just thought the goal looked a bit dodgy from an official point of view.

Perhaps Collum just took pity on them.

What about the pen they got against celtic in that cup semi. Just stupid. I look forward to the day when big decisions are checked by tv evidence. Then dodgy teams like purplegorgie fc have to play fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    What about the pen they got against celtic in that cup semi. Just stupid. I look forward to the day when big decisions are checked by tv evidence. Then dodgy teams like purplegorgie fc have to play fair.
    Cannot mark it in bold but your last sentence will never ever happen.

They have cheated and conned for the last 3 decades and there is now way you can use the words FAIR PLAY when taking bout the yams.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    How that guy makes some kind of living from the BBC I'll never know. It was a blatant fan rant.

Nail on head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Is this the same ref that didnt send off 2 Hearts players in two recent derbies. Both were in first half and both were later made a red by Compliance officer. In saying that my first thought in these things are if the roles were reversed would Brown have got a red, personally dont think so.

The penalty is quite simply one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.
    yes the tattooed freak goes clean through mc pake and gives the vermin a free kick

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    Alan Preston was spewing on the radio about Collums performance - it was hilarious
    he's a bigger arse than ten bums

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I can understand why Hearts seemingly know everything there is to know about cheating - after all they've perfected the art over the years!

There's one word and it's karma. Tough ****.

they got one that was as you said outside the box and rangers denied a stonewaller
    lucky as f..k against the mighty gretna on pens
    we all know what happened on the next one 3 cups deserved none

They have short memories?

Remember Mikloonytunes, he made a living out of diving. Scotland v Lithuania!!!!

Didn't here many Yams complaint back then, it was deemed 'good play' to have won their team a penalty.

Other than the penalty, which unless they introduce TV replays, ayers will continue to con refs, Collum had a decent game.

if they think the penalty decision was harsh, imagine having a ball clearly cross the line by a yard, in a Derby and the goal not to be given, THAT IS A HARSH DECISION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Fair enough.

Don't get me wrong, if I had been the referee I would have allowed Commons to pick the ball up with his hands and throw it into the net and I would still have awarded the goal.

I just thought the goal looked a bit dodgy from an official point of view.

Perhaps Collum just took pity on them.
    You are awfully kind to them yams. I would have let Commons kick the keeper in the knack@rs as well. Twice.

anyone know which school Mr Collum teaches at? I would like to send him a box of roses chocolates. they grow on you. he had a fantastic performance on Sunday, and should be recognised for that. he had to contend with verocious pressure from the home fans who can be rather "in your face" and boisterous during Scottish cup matches. especially when they have not scored in that particular competition, since winning it in 2012.

I really do get my kill at seeing all the jambos greeting about being so hard done by, cheated, poor little us etc etc. Its called a taste of your own medicine ya clowns! How many time have they had absolutely ridiculous decisions in their favour against us. Cheating is their middle name, it seems to be in their blood, from the board room to the playing field. They weren't so concerned about cheating refereeing when Thompson was giving them his usual helping hand or when the linesman incredibly chopped off Leighs free kick goal at ER that saw them scrape out of a defeat to us, or Forsters perfectly onside goal - oh no all that was perfectly alright!

GIRFUY ya bunch of cheating *******s, Hope it was a very bitter taste of your own medicine

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    But it wasn't a dive say the GFA !

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...dive-1-3621912

He slipped, I dare say the appeal panel would have called it Not Proven anyway.