hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Dunno if it's just me but I think she's the spit double of Salisbury Crags.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    FFS, here we go again. More ***** about 'them'. I couldn't give two parts out of a hundred about them, in fact, correct that. I give 100%, they and Hibs live for and because of each other. There may be one without the other from time to time, but it is sure as hell more fun with them. All this crap is really just that internet hardman CRAP. sake,

I support the Cabbage!

Step back from the keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS, here we go again. More ***** about 'them'. I couldn't give two parts out of a hundred about them, in fact, correct that. I give 100%, they and Hibs live for and because of each other. There may be one without the other from time to time, but it is sure as hell more fun with them. All this crap is really just that internet hardman CRAP. sake,

I support the Cabbage!
    get real. they despise us, we despise them and forever it shall be. Amen

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Where are City of Edinburgh Council in all this and what's taking them so long to come to the aid of their Jambo chums - this statement was made yesterday.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The same team who have over 4,000 tickets left in the home end, for their big cup game against Celtic, want a much bigger stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The same team who have over 4,000 tickets left in the home end, for their big cup game against Celtic, want a much bigger stadium
    If they only have 4,000 tickets left that sounds better than the last time they played sellik in the cup. Its amazing how they Yams seem to lose enthusiasm for the cause when they look like being on the end of a pumping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'm sure I'll be slated for this , but I respect the way Budge is going about her business with "that" club ....sensible decisions , good control , no huge promises , good communication ...

They have a horrible history in recent decades , but on the face of it she is setting up a different culture ..
    Nothing sensible or praiseworthy in her statement that 'they' will not be disappointed if they don't gain promotion this season ....... complete nonsense, as given their present position and potential, failure to gain promotion would prove to be totally and hopefully terminally devastating, for the club and supporters. Secondly I take great exception to her use of the term 'their rightful position' in the top division. After their dishonesty, mis-management, lies and theft, they have no god-given entitlement to be part of the premiership.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If they only have 4,000 tickets left that sounds better than the last time they played sellik in the cup. Its amazing how they Yams seem to lose enthusiasm for the cause when they look like being on the end of a pumping.

Is it not more to do with the fact they will have to cough up half the money for each attendee they say was there.

Real attendance figures rather than Big Team gash.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It's amazing isn't it, they've also given Celtic the whole of the Roseburn

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It's amazing isn't it, they've also given Celtic the whole of the Roseburn
    Especially when you consider its their "special relationship" cup. To be fair they have a lot of fans painted on the side of the stand so its only right that celtc aren't made to feel too outnumbered by the 400,000

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Where are City of Edinburgh Council in all this and what's taking them so long to come to the aid of their Jambo chums - this statement was made yesterday.

The Council are in no position to help them, especially when they are making massive cuts.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    The Council are in no position to help them, especially when they are making massive cuts.
    Whoosh? :)

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (Hibs/Hearts) support size I'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.
    Why , when we have a completed 20k stadium . Wouldnt even share my piss with that lot .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Why , when we have a completed 20k stadium . Wouldnt even share my piss with that lot .

Ggtth
    Gary Locke will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by portycabbage View Post
    Gary Locke will be disappointed.

or

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Doesn't really matter what it's valued at. AB was the only credible bidder.

And, I am not sure there would be a long queue of buyers if they decide to sell.

Now, cue a 10-pager with words like....CALA, "worth what someone is prepared to pay", blast-zone, Green belt, Tynecastle School, Yambo cooncil, etc etc.

Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up.....
    I have given your comment some thought before replying Crops. you try to rip the pish out of any Hibby who in your opinion ,comment with sour grapes at the upsurge in hmfcs fortune. the facts are, that those comments re-blast zone green belt council etc are all relevant in respect of the comments at the time from people in "high" positions,along with the administrator...stating that the dump was hardly worth anything, added to comments from Lord Cumnock (bet he's well thought of doon Auchenleck way) saying that there are massive gap sites in the areas surrounding Gorgie so there is virtually no land value. there are now thousands of new flats and properties just being built and opened to the general market for housing and student accommodation, all over fountainbridge/tollcross/gorgie. what is your real point? does Budge, not see an opportunity to make a lot of dosh if she punts it on to say, Cala? or are you saying that inthese terms of austerity, the council would never ever consider helping the gorgie mob, or are you saying that the conspiriracy theory you try to foust on us, quite slyly, just could not happen?

if they leave tynecastle it will rip ther soul out so what's not to like?

Hate to admit it but the atmosphere at Tynecastle (due largely to it being a cramped wee dump) is probably worth quite a few points to them each season, especially against us. I SO want them to leave for a large soulless modern shed stadium stuck in a retail park in the outer limits of West Edinburgh. Can't happen soon enough, ideally before 3 January 2015.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Whoosh? :)

Whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I have given your comment some thought before replying Crops. you try to rip the pish out of any Hibby who in your opinion ,comment with sour grapes at the upsurge in hmfcs fortune. the facts are, that those comments re-blast zone green belt council etc are all relevant in respect of the comments at the time from people in "high" positions,along with the administrator...stating that the dump was hardly worth anything, added to comments from Lord Cumnock (bet he's well thought of doon Auchenleck way) saying that there are massive gap sites in the areas surrounding Gorgie so there is virtually no land value. there are now thousands of new flats and properties just being built and opened to the general market for housing and student accommodation, all over fountainbridge/tollcross/gorgie. what is your real point? does Budge, not see an opportunity to make a lot of dosh if she punts it on to say, Cala? or are you saying that inthese terms of austerity, the council would never ever consider helping the gorgie mob, or are you saying that the conspiriracy theory you try to foust on us, quite slyly, just could not happen?
    Think you have misunderstood me. I am certainly not trying to rip the pish out of anyone, and I apologise if anyone feels that way.

My post was a, probably feeble, attempt at humour.....the whole question of the value of Tynecastle has been done to a dozen deaths over the past months. My comments were merely rehearsing, in what was meant as a light hearted way, the arguments that will come up again.

That's not a judgement on anyone or anything. All opinions are valid, and now that the questions are back in play, are entitled to be aired.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 28-11-2014 at 08:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Like it or not Budge seems quite sensible and willing to actually get involved and help the club she supports. If they end up leaving Tynecastle (which I doubt) they will no doubt manage it successfully. No point in dreaming about this causing them problems..they are relatively debt free, playing well and heading for the Top division.

We already have a great Stadium, and our new CEO and Manager are both taking us forward. Let's just hope we are in the top division with them before too long and that we can keep hold of both Stubbs and Dempster for long enough to reap the rewards. I really do think that given time and the financial resources that previous managers have had..Stubbs and Dempster can build a team worthy of the name Hibernian. The we can enjoy humping them in whatever stadium they decide to play in.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Think you have misunderstood me. I am certainly not trying to rip the pish out of anyone, and I apologise if anyone feels that way.

My post was a, probably feeble, attempt at humour.....the whole question of the value of Tynecastle has been done to a dozen deaths over the past months. My comments were merely rehearsing, in what was meant as a light hearted way, the arguments that will come up again.

That's not a judgement on anyone or anything. All opinions are valid, and now that the questions are back in play, are entitled to be aired.
    A lot of humour bypasses and whooshes at this time of year.... I reckon it's the Christmas shopping

I see Budge has won an award for the take over and transformation of a listed company.

http://www.instituteforturnaround.co...sed-ift-awards

I would have thought the " Listed Company Turnaround Award " would go to a Listed Company.

Vlad delisted them years ago and the shares ain't quoted on any Stock Exchange I know.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I see Budge has won an award for the take over and transformation of a listed company.

I would have thought the " Listed Company Turnaround Award " would go to a Listed Company.

Vlad delisted them years ago and the shares ain't quoted on any Stock Exchange I know.
    That's bizarre.

They remain a PLC. However, as you say, the shares aren't listed anywhere.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Dear oh dear! She bought a business with a large established client base and most of it's debt written off for a fraction of it's real worth.

That's bizarre.

They remain a PLC. However, as you say, the shares aren't listed anywhere.

Furthermore , its meant to be a business award and we've not seen any accounts of the Budge regime . Who knows, they might be overspending and crash again.

The award would look pretty stupid then.

This made me think of the Nobel Peace Prize won by Barak Obama, when he'd only been US President for a few months. He's since failed to pull out of Afghanistan, sent more troops to Iraq and still not delivered on his promise to close Quantanamo Bay.

I realise it's on a different scale entirely but that was the first thing that sprung to mind when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Hate to admit it but the atmosphere at Tynecastle (due largely to it being a cramped wee dump) is probably worth quite a few points to them each season, especially against us. I SO want them to leave for a large soulless modern shed stadium stuck in a retail park in the outer limits of West Edinburgh. Can't happen soon enough, ideally before 3 January 2015.
    The atmosphere from that lot at a derby game is terrible. Boring *******s.

Heard Fatty Foulkes on Forth news today, saying that they need a 25,000 seater stadium to get all the Jambos in.
    Their stadium will only be 2/3 full on Sunday

First Team Breakthrough
    Heard Fatty Foulkes on Forth news today, saying that they need a 25,000 seater stadium to get all the Jambos in.
    Their stadium will only be 2/3 full on Sunday
    Yep, 25,000 seater my arse,vermin.