hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Apart from anything else, where do you get 40k from??

Hibs dodged a bullet when we abandoned talks over a move to Straiton. We should never leave ourselves vulnerable to being dragged down by Hertz. Quite capable of doing that all on our own.
    The 40k was based on derby days and the stadium being used for cup competitions internationals etc. you could probably reduce it to 30k but seeing as this is an opportunity to build an Edinburgh stadium I went for 40k

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Again I'll say she deserves no credit for stating the bleeding obvious. She's only telling the truth so why should we hold her up as a paragon of virtue?

And as for the council, they will bend over backwards and help wherever they can. Cardownie in particular will bend over backwards and lick his own bawsack for his beloved hertz.
    what should be noted, is that her and her cronies snuck in the back door and inherited a football club, for almost the exact money that football club bumped the ordinary tax payer ,like you and I for. and that is before adding any other monies that they bumped ordinary people for. oh,aye, she is astute, of that there is nae doubt.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    what should be noted, is that her and her cronies snuck in the back door and inherited a football club, for almost the exact money that football club bumped the ordinary tax payer ,like you and I for. and that is before adding any other monies that they bumped ordinary people for. oh,aye, she is astute, of that there is nae doubt.
    There wasn't anyone at the front-door banging on it with more cash, though.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Not forgetting they revalued the stadium about 6 months before they went tits up.

Reduced the value from about £ 18 million to £ 2 million. Making it far easier to do a deal with Budge.
    I sure they can revalue it again with a miraculous upturn in fortune.

I was going to say that the answer is right over the road from them but on second thoughts, Murrayfield is clearly too small.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I thought the other three newer stands were built with cheap steel and only have a life of around 25 years? When were they built? The clock is ticking loudly on old tincastle.
    I think they expected the cheap stands to be demolished within a few years to build that giant mega arena with luxury hotel and resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I thought this was a thread about Hearts, but it seems to be just another reason to take a swipe at Hibs
    Apologies for bringing the conversation round to Hibs. It's a life long obsession I have not been able to shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I sure they can revalue it again with a miraculous upturn in fortune.
    Doesn't really matter what it's valued at. AB was the only credible bidder.

And, I am not sure there would be a long queue of buyers if they decide to sell.

Now, cue a 10-pager with words like....CALA, "worth what someone is prepared to pay", blast-zone, Green belt, Tynecastle School, Yambo cooncil, etc etc.

Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    The 40k was based on derby days and the stadium being used for cup competitions internationals etc. you could probably reduce it to 30k but seeing as this is an opportunity to build an Edinburgh stadium I went for 40k
    Last Derby at Easter road had thousands of empty seats.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up.....
    I hadn't heard about this? Tell us more!

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I hadn't heard about this? Tell us more!
    Ha, I wondered how long it would take. Under 4 minutes

Seriously, for the avoidance of doubt, and to protect the admins, I have absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. Just thought I'd throw it out there....

It would be a smart move, though.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 26-11-2014 at 05:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Budge on Sportsound on BBC Scotland. She is saying that they prefer to stay at Tynecastle but..........
    limited options in respect of expanding the capacity. All their options are open to consideration, although it would seem like a new build is the most likely outcome.

A few interesting observations on Scottish football too. She mentioned the self interest of some prevailing over that of the majority, without naming names though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    With tynecastle only being worth £2.5m I doubt that'll be enough to build a new stadium either.
    Step forward all their pals in the "cooncil", and various politicians - the usual suspects.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    the 3 'temporary' stands were built in 1994, 95 and 97. If the 25 year lifespan is true the clock is ticking
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Step forward all their pals in the "cooncil", and various politicians - the usual suspects.

Correct.

They have been bailed oot all their life, Nothing will change on that score anytime soon.

Thieving lying cheating barstewards.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    What would be a good name for their new stadium?

Poppy Park
    Cheat Lane
    The Thievery
    The Peado Dome.

Problem is, even lets say a 15,000 crowd in a 40,000 all-seated stadium would kill the atmosphere stone dead at most games. Presumably maintenance costs would be commensurate with a stadium of that size too?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Don't forget the independent report that recommended the council build a new stadium for the grunts after the mega-stand project failed.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_11_Tynecastle_Stadium%20(1).pdf

Until it was pointed out that the independent report the council officials had commissioned was written by a Yam shareholder.

We still have to be vigilant, they are Yams after all, and they don't change.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Doesn't really matter what it's valued at. AB was the only credible bidder.

And, I am not sure there would be a long queue of buyers if they decide to sell.

Now, cue a 10-pager with words like....CALA, "worth what someone is prepared to pay", blast-zone, Green belt, Tynecastle School, Yambo cooncil, etc etc.

Hibernian FC is a football club, not property developers.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Don't forget the independent report that recommended the council build a new stadium for the grunts after the mega-stand project failed.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_11_Tynecastle_Stadium%20(1).pdf

Until it was pointed out that the independent report the council officials had commissioned was written by a Yam shareholder.

We still have to be vigilant, they are Yams after all, and they don't change.
    Independent report. Aye right, that's a good one!

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Problem is, even lets say a 15,000 crowd in a 40,000 all-seated stadium would kill the atmosphere stone dead at most games. Presumably maintenance costs would be commensurate with a stadium of that size too?
    No doubt it would but if split two ways it might not be that much. The atmosphere is an issue, perhaps with more money available (sale of existing stadium) might mean a bigger playing budget and a greater chance of success. The Rangers are deed, time to step up and and be challengers for the league...

...ah, to dream.

I'd be disappointed if they leave Tynecastle. It's quite unique in Scotland with its small size, but fairly large capacity. I'd love it if we played another league cup semi there some time.

@hibs.net private member
    No doubt it would but if split two ways it might not be that much. The atmosphere is an issue, perhaps with more money available (sale of existing stadium) might mean a bigger playing budget and a greater chance of success. The Rangers are deed, time to step up and and be challengers for the league...

...ah, to dream.
    Why would we need a new stadium ? We are a great stadium today - out spiritual home ??

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    why would their only be 15,000 with their 400,000 pheodo supporters they could fill all the grounds on Saturdays and save Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'd be disappointed if they leave Tynecastle. It's quite unique in Scotland with its small size, but fairly large capacity. I'd love it if we played another league cup semi there some time.
    nah, would be too much of an opportunity of some bampot Hibby dropping a box of bluebell matches, lighten, into the bowels of their widden stand, thereby giving them an out, with loads o money from insurance.

Wrre they not, a short time ago, trying to the main stand listed by linking it to McCraes battalion or a memorial? Whilst a report was claiming the land was unsellable due to its strong associations to the Yams and therefore had no market value and, anyhow, there was a danger of civil unrest if it was sold?

Trying to find the report but recall it was given to the Lithuanians.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Wrre they not, a short time ago, trying to the main stand listed by linking it to McCraes battalion or a memorial? Whilst a report was claiming the land was unsellable due to its strong associations to the Yams and therefore had no market value and, anyhow, there was a danger of civil unrest if it was sold?

Trying to find the report but recall it was given to the Lithuanians.
    Think it's the Archibald Leitch connection that might give it some special status.

Think it's the Archibald Leitch connection that might give it some special status.
    Thats correct. Thanks

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...castle-2472901

But I don't suppose this will have the same importance now.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they took advantage of Livingston’s financial problems and used their ground on the cheap.
    Just under 10,000 capacity would be enough for them if they moved to West Lothian

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Currie View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if they took advantage of Livingston’s financial problems and used their ground on the cheap.
    Just under 10,000 capacity would be enough for them if they moved to West Lothian
    No jambo's in West Lothian please, I'm going to have to start a pressure group to keep them out.