hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (Hibs/Hearts) support size I'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was AB admitting that the ground isnt safe?
    I doubt whether she's qualified to say if it was safe or not, I would say she's admitting it's a complete hovel and a wee tin pot stadium though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I doubt whether she's qualified to say if it was safe or not, I would say she's admitting it's a complete hovel and a wee tin pot stadium though.
    I am sure the Council will be along any minute now to put her mind at rest about any safety concerns.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby kay-yay View Post
    time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (hibs/hearts) support size i'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.
    over my dead body !

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (Hibs/Hearts) support size I'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.
    Probably best if we build it somewhere towards the west? and maybe it would be better for Edinburgh if we merged into one team and played in maroon Where have I heard all that before?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

This is shameless. Said it on here before, Murray already has a proposed stadium within his garden village proposal. Was hoping he was just doing this as a balance sheet excercise (turning agricultural land into development land and maximising its value on his asset book).

Budge obviously sees this as an easy way to get some money in the bank for long term security. As another poster said, losing Tynecastle though would be them losing their soul. If you were going to do this though, now would be the time, their fans are punch drunk and probably more than ever would accept this without a fight.i

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    This is shameless. Said it on here before, Murray already has a proposed stadium within his garden village proposal. Was hoping he was just doing this as a balance sheet excercise (turning agricultural land into development land and maximising its value on his asset book).

Budge obviously sees this as an easy way to get some money in the bank for long term security. As another poster said, losing Tynecastle though would be them losing their soul. If you were going to do this though, now would be the time, their fans are punch drunk and probably more than ever would accept this without a fight.i
    They had no choice when budgie was the only show in town when they were in admin and they have no choice but do what she wants now - its how their pledge based fan ownership model will work for the foreseeable future.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    I'm sure I'll be slated for this , but I respect the way Budge is going about her business with "that" club ....sensible decisions , good control , no huge promises , good communication ...

They have a horrible history in recent decades , but on the face of it she is setting up a different culture ..

They might be at it for some time......

"If you look around now, you'll see we've replaced a lot of seats, we've started a job of painting, so we now have the Hearts colour that we'll try to be consistent about and we're moving round the stadium and addressing the worst parts."

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the only way you'd fill a ground that size regularly, would be if it had 2 pitches and both teams playing at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'm sure I'll be slated for this , but I respect the way Budge is going about her business with "that" club ....sensible decisions , good control , no huge promises , good communication ...

They have a horrible history in recent decades , but on the face of it she is setting up a different culture ..
    I agree this as well, the yam problem will be getting their head round what living within their means actually looks and feels like. The one thing that budgie wont be doing is putting her cash in jeopardy and I think any sale of the tin box will be about guaranteeing her return. They really only have one fan involved in ownership and decisions at the moment though.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Council have been making noises about getting rid of some recreational facilities to plug budget deficit, Carrick knowe golf course being probably the most valuable and central of those mentioned a few weeks ago. I had a feeling there would be a story about hearts moving when I read this last month:
    http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/...-cut-1-3584888

eff off

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's not quite the same. The pieman wanted to sell to Cala simply to clear debt. They currently have no debt (except to Budge) so the money they get for Tynecastle will be theirs to use as they see fit.
    The pieman declared Tynecastle 'not fit for purpose'. He was right.

Vlad earned a lot of leeway from the Jumbos for his 'Now that's a planning application!' fantasy redevelopment of the main stand. It was so wide of the mark that it wasn't even given proper consideration. There might be a way that they could rebuild the main stand on the cheap but the other three bus shelters were done that way and it would leave a stadium with next to no facilities, and limited space to add anything around it.

It's inevitable that they will leave Tynecastle IMO. The only question is the deal they are able to do on a new home. Budge won't be left out of pocket, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Thanks for the link. A 'regional sports hub to encourage participation in activity' sounds more like a Meadowbank style set up than a dedicated fitba stadium though. Anything approaching a 20,000 seat stadium would have major implications for transport links, parking spaces etc... would SDM be happy with that?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind them moving out to DMs garden village, they'd be sharing with egg chasers and they'd not own the stadium, so no assets behind the business. Whatever happens they are now going to have to pay for the neglect of their stadium, something we have paid for over the last 20 years, this will effect how they operate over the coming years and what they have to spend on the playing squad. Or am I being overly optimistic here

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Apart from anything else, where do you get 40k from??

Hibs dodged a bullet when we abandoned talks over a move to Straiton. We should never leave ourselves vulnerable to being dragged down by Hertz. Quite capable of doing that all on our own.

There will be someone from Buy Hibs along shortly to tell us that this is FACT

I give her no credit for telling the truth. It's what normal decent people do all the time.

Behind her mask of "respectability" their is a rabid jambo who will spend their last penny to see them beat us in a derby.

Thanks but no thanks from me.

_79263711_anne_budge.jpg
    yoda
    25.jpg
    budge

Anyone noticed a slight similarity?

I'd be quite happy for them to stay at the crumbling tincastle. It's looking really grotty now and it can only hold them back.football could take another boom in attendances in the future.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    They might be at it for some time......

"If you look around now, you'll see we've replaced a lot of seats, we've started a job of painting, so we now have the Hearts colour that we'll try to be consistent about and we're moving round the stadium and addressing the worst parts."
    They would be far, far quicker addressing the best parts. Could be done in half an hour

Somewhere there's a desolate comet with **** all getting in the way of their development plans. They could all amble over there and I'm sure we'd all help pay the costs for the one way ticket

I dont gie a ratts ass where they go and what they do. However, I do hope the SFA and all other interested parties ensure any aquisition and sales they make, property, assets and future debts are fully financed and in line with the the new financial prudence regulations, as per the rest of us dafties who consider the matter of "payment" mandatory as opposed to optional.

*******s

ADIOS TRUMPETS.

ENDOF

Actually I totally agree with you. She is, in my opinion, going about it the right way. Ann Budge speaks well, and isn't rushing in to anything without looking at all the options first. She's not on the tv every second day saying how Hearts are going to do this and that. IMO she won't be pushed into making decisions, and she will make them into a far better run club financially and in other matters. Brian Voice of the Hearts Fans McLaughlin did try to draw her on 1 or 2 things but she was diplomatic to say the least. If she wasn't connected with Hearts I'd say she's a breath of fresh air. Still, nothing much has been done so far so I suppose we'll see if it's another false dawn for them, although somehow I don't think so.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    The old they owe it to themselves kind of debt. They still have debt of at least 6m to budge.
    How do you get to 6?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Na,Vlad sold the last pot they had to piss in for £2 0n e-bay

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No doubt the PBS blast zone will cease to exist, they get 10x what they told the lith's it was worth and our beloved Council will build them a stadium for zip.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    sorry, dont mean to be a ****wit about this, but why weren't they told to sell the stadium to help pay for their debts ?
    To think they might make any money out of that dump now is a joke
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly