@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was detail?
    Well, you know...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Face to Face Q&A - 3rd December HSA Sunnyside

Evening All,

BuyHibs would like to invite .net users to a face to face question & answering session at the Hibernian Supporters Association at Sunnyside on the 3rd December at 7.30PM. This will also include some fans that do not use forums or social media.

We believe that fan interaction is crucial and we would now like the opportunity to meet you face to face to answer your questions.

If you would be interested in this please can you stick your name below so i can compile a list.

Thanks and hope to meet you all shortly.

BuyHibs Team.

List of attendees

Remember that any questions you have may already have been covered here.....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...-amp-A-Answers

Which members of the 'BuyHibs' team will be there, please?

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Which members of the 'BuyHibs' team will be there, please?

Hi Suzy,

Our intention is to have everyone from the BuyHibs team available for this session

Quote Originally Posted by BuyHibs View Post
    Hi Suzy,

Our intention is to have everyone from the BuyHibs team available for this session
    Thank you

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Following on from the conversation on the PM board, here's another question for Buy Hibs.........

Does Buy Hibs still exist in the format released last week or has the militant arm split off to do their own thing?
    Or does it still exist at all
    Is there an update this week?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Is there an update this week?
    They're doing some Q&A's (in addition to these Q&A's!!) next week so if there was something going they've sorted it out among themselves.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Hopefully i'll be at one or both nights
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    I think it's a distinct possibility, probable even, but they are going to have to show him a damn sight more than they have to date. And whether they like it or not they are going to have to deal with Rod, and if they wish to be taken seriously they need to grow a set and get on with it.
    I think every member of the BuyHibs board should put up a bond of say £20,000 to show STF their good intention.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I think every member of the BuyHibs board should put up a bond of say £20,000 to show STF their good intention.
    Why?

They're merely facilitators, surely?

They are acting as agents for people with real money.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    Are they? Who are these people?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Like this you mean?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Now !
    There might just be a grain of truth in that statement if the tittle tattle around the " Edinburgh Financial Gregg's" is anything to go by !!
    From what has been put about Jan/Feb could see some more detailed info

This is as I say from a " Gregg's" branch

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Why?

They're merely facilitators, surely?
    And at what price facilitation ? What if any personal gain is there for those involved in BuyHibs ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I think I am right in saying that you have since refused that invitation. (If that is incorrect, I will remove this post).

Can you explain why you did this? It doesn't seem like a helpful or progressive decision to me. (Apologies if I have missed an answer to this in your posts above). Thanks. GG
    Bump. (4th time) I'm not meaning to "bump" this aggressively. But I am still looking for an answer. Cheers.

Bump. (4th time) I'm not meaning to "bump" this aggressively. But I am still looking for an answer. Cheers.
    That's transparency for you. Easy to say they will be transparent but easier not to actually put it in to practice.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Hi, please see our response to your question.

Also please accept our apology for not getting back to you sooner.

On launching on 11 November, BuyHibs were open and clear that it wished to meet with the owners of the club to discuss a number of issues. We feel only the current owners can engage in discussions about the future of our club. BuyHibs unanimously agreed to stick to our objective and continue dialogue to arrange this meeting.
    Last edited by BuyHibs; 26-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.

We have a face to face session for Hibs.net on December 3rd where and it is our intention to have all that are apart of BuyHibs to be present.

Please see the sticky thread at the top end of the forum page.

Thanks BuyHibs Team.

On launching on 11 November, BuyHibs were open and clear that it wished to meet with the owners of the club to discuss a number of issues. We feel only the current owners can engage in discussions about the future of our club. BuyHibs unanimously agreed to stick to our objective and continue dialogue to arrange this meeting.
    Do you not think it rather silly to knock back meeting with the Director's who will be fully aware of the situation and be operating on behalf of STF?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

If you were wanting to take over Marks and Spencer don't think you'd get very far trying to talk to the owners before their board.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If you were wanting to take over Marks and Spencer don't think you'd get very far trying to talk to the owners before their board.
    Hibs are a tin pot organization compared to Marks and Spencers, if i wanted to purchase the local barber shop on the main street here, i'd go straight to the guy who owns it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hibs are a tin pot organization compared to Marks and Spencers, if i wanted to purchase the local barber shop on the main street here, i'd go straight to the guy who owns it.
    Exactly! The largest single private investor in M & S owns 3% of the company. STF owns 90% of Hibs. Having said that I still think BH shot themselves in the foot by their refusal to meet directors.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Having said that I still think BH shot themselves in the foot by their refusal to meet directors.
    Yep. STF is under no obligation to sell and they have to prove that they not only have the money to sustain the club, but are the right people to take it on.

So far they don't tick either of those boxes.

The gist of your replies to previous questions are that you are in the embryonic stage of preparation for a fans buy out. Every journey has to start somewhere, wouldn't it have made sense to start engaging in dialogue now. As it stands you have no firm proposals, no investors willing to show their faces in public and no firm pledges from fans as you have cancelled the direct debits. Wouldn't a board level meeting at this early stage to build relationships be a good start given that you really have nothing to go in to STF with? It might not be ideal but it's something.
    Sticking rigidly to your way or no way at all seems to be missing an opportunity.
    Last edited by marinello59; 26-11-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

Thanks BH. I appreciate you acknowledging my post and question. No problem with the timing. As I said, I was just bumping it to keep the question out there rather than making a "point".

For what it's worth, I do feel you might have met with the board, even if it was to do that one thing, to ask them to pass on the message to STF "officially", that it was talks with him directly that you were looking for. If you were fobbed off, then I think that would have been the point to say that you felt those talks would lead nowhere. I just think that any dialogue would have been a step forward and you could at least have given it a chance, especially with such a long term game underway. But that's just me. Cheers.

Yep. STF is under no obligation to sell and they have to prove that they not only have the money to sustain the club, but are the right people to take it on.

So far they don't tick either of those boxes.
    I am not sure what boxes they do tick. There is a conversation on Hibs future that needs to be had but i am not sure this is it. They have to offer us something that STF doesnt/cant/wont and I have seen nothing yet that persuades me that they are the people to take over the club.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The gist of your replies to previous questions are that you are in the embryonic stage of preparation for a fans buy out. Every journey has to start somewhere, wouldn't it have made sense to start engaging in dialogue now. As it stands you have no firm proposals, no investors willing to show their faces in public and no firm pledges from fans as you have cancelled the direct debits. Wouldn't a board level meeting at this early stage to build relationships be a good start given that you really have nothing to go in to STF with? It might not be ideal but it's something.
    Sticking rigidly to your way or no way at all seems to be missing an opportunity.

I find it strange that they've said they have no intention of replacing LD and yet they've refused the offer to meet with her
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

I find it strange that they've said they have no intention of replacing LD and yet they've refused the offer to meet with her
    I'm sure they'd be happy to have discussions with her in due course but us it really that unreasonable a request to ask to meet the owner of the club?

I've got some concerns about buyhibs but I can't help but think farmers point blank refusal to speak to supporters is pretty disrespectful, especially considering our current position.