hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportscene

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There can't be many grounds in all four leagues that's any worse than Central Park in Cowdenbeath and a couple of their games have been shown this season.

Ever been to cliftonhill?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Ever been to cliftonhill?
    No I haven't but in my defence, I did say that there can't be MANY grounds worse than Central Park.

No I haven't but in my defence, I did say that there can't be MANY grounds worse than Central Park.

Rangers didn't half make that easy for them.

@hibs.net private member
    Never know why they have current players/coaches commentating as they can't say anything disagreeing with referees.

The only real mention we got was when they reminded us we got beat by Hamilton.

But they showed 15 seconds from the QoS game.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Why stop at the Championship then?

Why not show League One and League Two as well?
    Highlights of games that regularly get attendances of a couple of hundred people? Hardly an appetite for it is there?

Plus the extra kit etc that it would require, can imagine there being a big enough attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    Rangers didn't half make that easy for them.

Was all Rangers in the highlights. Ref got the cards right for me. Should have booked law for a dive and I thought black didn't really touch walker but any contact he's going to go down, softish penalty. Second yellow for black was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    The only real mention we got was when they reminded us we got beat by Hamilton.

But they showed 15 seconds from the QoS game.
    The season's not even halfway through yet. Very happy for us to be flying under the radar just now. We're improving all the time and it can't be long before that big maroon bubble bursts

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Highlights of games that regularly get attendances of a couple of hundred people? Hardly an appetite for it is there?

Plus the extra kit etc that it would require, can imagine there being a big enough attraction.
    Once Hibs, Hearts and Sevco are back in the big league and have replaced the likes of St Mirren and Ross County, do they then scrap the Championship highlights?

I personally think that there should either be a new show dedicated to the Championship or they shouldn't bother at all.

For me, Sportscene should be a show for Premiership highlights only.

So they basically said Rangers might struggle in a play-off because QOS were breathing down their neck. And Hibs are pretty much reduced to a group of unnamed 'other team' in the division.

Stop watching. Help the blood pressure.

Once Hibs, Hearts and Sevco are back in the big league and have replaced the likes of St Mirren and Ross County, do they then scrap the Championship highlights?

I personally think that there should either be a new show dedicated to the Championship or they shouldn't bother at all.

For me, Sportscene should be a show for Premiership highlights only.
    Even without Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in it, a Championship highlights show would be by far more interesting than the premiership.

Spoilers: Celtic Win

First Team Breakthrough
    On an unrelated note, how bloody good was Malonga's three goals.

Scott Allan's creativity and footwork, Liam Craig's assists and incase you missed it, Malonga's goals.

So nice I put it twice.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    The season's not even halfway through yet. Very happy for us to be flying under the radar just now. We're improving all the time and it can't be long before that big maroon bubble bursts
    I wouldn't count on it. Hearts are going to cruise to the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    So you've been saying for months but have you seen the way they've been playing?

Lucky doesn't even begin to describe it. Rangers were all over them for a large part of their game and if they both continue in that vein then the cheats will be lucky to finish first.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Some great goals from us. Two assists for Liam Craig, both clever wee final passes and Malonga's looking classy. Defending suspect for all their efforts though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare to Stanton View Post
    On an unrelated note, how bloody good was Malonga's three goals.

Scott Allan's creativity and footwork, Liam Craig's assists and incase you missed it, Malonga's goals.

So nice I put it twice.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey
    We were cutting them apart quite easily. Dumbarton look a poor team though, so its not unexpected a team looking to play quick, passing football can do that. Quite frustrating that they seemed to get so much success launching balls into our box though, with all 3 goals the result of that.

As for Sportscene, its a terrible show and I dont know why people watch it. It always come across very amateurish (even more so when compared to MOTD), and always panders to certain clubs. Whilst a lower league highlights package may be a decent idea, they would make an arse of it and so isnt worthwhile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    We were cutting them apart quite easily. Dumbarton look a poor team though, so its not unexpected a team looking to play quick, passing football can do that. Quite frustrating that they seemed to get so much success launching balls into our box though, with all 3 goals the result of that.

As for Sportscene, its a terrible show and I dont know why people watch it. It always come across very amateurish (even more so when compared to MOTD), and always panders to certain clubs. Whilst a lower league highlights package may be a decent idea, they would make an arse of it and so isnt worthwhile.
    The nature of their goals was not 'frustrating' as you put it, it was worrying. We are more than capable of giving away that type of goal whether we are in control of a game or not.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Was all Rangers in the highlights. Ref got the cards right for me. Should have booked law for a dive and I thought black didn't really touch walker but any contact he's going to go down, softish penalty. Second yellow for black was missing.
    Cant agree, Smith never a red in a million years and Miller a clear red. Didnt see the Boyd tackle however heard that was a red also.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    So you've been saying for months but have you seen the way they've been playing?

Lucky doesn't even begin to describe it. Rangers were all over them for a large part of their game and if they both continue in that vein then the cheats will be lucky to finish first.

Sorry, PD, but have you seen how many times they actually win matches? Maybe they're not pleasing on the eye but they're certainly racking up the points.

Every week I read people on here saying their 'luck' is going to run out some time but I'm still waiting.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The nature of their goals was not 'frustrating' as you put it, it was worrying. We are more than capable of giving away that type of goal whether we are in control of a game or not.
    Maybe, but I used frustrating because its not the sort of goal(s) I think we tend to be guilty of conceding. If it continues to happen Id agree it would be worrying!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Malonga's 2nd goal is a peach

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

They are lucky, no arguments from me on that one.

Anyone who saw the last derby will testify to that.

However they are winning games of football and their lead over Sevco is almost into double figures and it's not even December yet.

Hearts will finish the season as champions, I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Sorry, PD, but have you seen how many times they actually win matches? Maybe they're not pleasing on the eye but they're certainly racking up the points.

Every week I read people on here saying their 'luck' is going to run out some time but I'm still waiting.
    They're getting a lot of breaks but you make your own luck, as they say.

Good, bad or indifferent, they tend to win most games. Saturday was a prime example. It would be interesting to see how they cope with a bad couple of results but at the moment it doesn't look likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    They're getting a lot of breaks but you make your own luck, as they say.

Good, bad or indifferent, they tend to win most games. Saturday was a prime example. It would be interesting to see how they cope with a bad couple of results but at the moment it doesn't look likely to happen.
    They have a good team spirit about them at the moment. Apparently they were missing a couple of normal first team members on Saturday, didn't play particularly well, but still beat the current second place team.

Watched Cellic highlights against Dundee... looked fairly lucky to win. Be interesting to see how Hearts get on against them on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    They have a good team spirit about them at the moment. Apparently they were missing a couple of normal first team members on Saturday, didn't play particularly well, but still beat the current second place team.

Watched Cellic highlights against Dundee... looked fairly lucky to win. Be interesting to see how Hearts get on against them on Sunday.
    Whats the world coming too eh ?....last week it was "cmon the the gers", this week its "cmon the tims"
    Someone please pump these manky, cheating, charity theives....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post

The Rangers until they got a man sent off were strolling it on sat. Hearts have rode their luck big time. They sat in and lumped it to the big huddy upfront. Celtic will win by at least 2 goals.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    The Rangers until they got a man sent off were strolling it on sat. Hearts have rode their luck big time. They sat in and lumped it to the big huddy upfront. Celtic will win by at least 2 goals.

They seem to get the same amount of luck as we get bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

They seem to get the same amount of luck as we get bad luck.
    They are getting breaks but you have to take advantage of that, and they have. At the end of the day it's no coincidence they are where they are and haven't lost a game. Conversely, it's no coincidence we are where we are. We've had our share of bad luck but unfortunately the facts (points, goals etc) don't lie.

I actually thought Rangers would win the league up until this weekend passed but having watched their game on Saturday I feel Hearts look mentally stronger and more focused. Rangers look totally lacking in strategy and discipline. As for Hibs, we are just too inconsistent to even get a sniff IMO. We've got a huge chance in the play-offs though, assuming Rangers are too rooked to improve the squad in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Understand what you are saying but fact remains they won the game. They have done it plenty times to us over the past few years when we were the better team. The appear to have a game management mentality that we and the rest don't have that they win, or do not lose games, even when they are the poorer team on the park. You may be right that Cellic will dump them on Sunday, but they are no great shakes either.

It looks like AS is beginning to install this mentality with our squad. I say looks, as we have had a few false dawns in the past, but this one appears different.