hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Apologies if already mentioned.. but the Boy on Forth2 was having an orgasm after the Malonga Screamer.. don't know if anyone recorded it but he was saying Messi and Ronaldo and all sorts.. it sounded Great..

Ps.. Thanks to the poster who posted the Radio link..

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    The Danny Handling bashing on here is getting embarrassing, today he gave the ball away twice! Once in first half he got caught on it and once in the 2nd half when he played a ball in short to Cummings who wanted in behind!

Every other time he kept the ball and had some lovely one twos with Scott Allan and Jason Cummings. Set up the first with a great through ball and had a band in the 2nd. I was watching him closely throughout and he played well, some of the comments at the game and on here do my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Danny Handling bashing on here is getting embarrassing, today he gave the ball away twice! Once in first half he got caught on it and once in the 2nd half when he played a ball in short to Cummings who wanted in behind!

Every other time he kept the ball and had some lovely one twos with Scott Allan and Jason Cummings. Set up the first with a great through ball and had a band in the 2nd. I was watching him closely throughout and he played well, some of the comments at the game and on here do my head in.
    It's seems Danny is the new Lewis on here. Plenty having a pop and blind to the good things he does, like his involvement in the first goal today
    This is how it feels

Malonga is a player. As is Scott Allan when he wants to play, unlike the first 25 of the second half.

We miss Mcgeough.

Defence all score 'zero' from me for their second half performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Crowd today was 1,400 odd with Hibs having a strict allocation which stopped many Hibs fans travelling. Stadium holds 2,020 according to Wikipedia.

Dumbarton must be struggling for money yet they sell only2/3rds capacity!!!!

No wonder Scottish football is in a mess with such crazy thinking. 600 x £20 = £12,000. More than enough to make a difference at a club like theirs.

You really have to shake your head sometimes.
    I was puzzled by the strict number allocated to us. this is the kind of thing that stops smaller supporters clubs from running a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Im embarrassed at anyone who can be embarrassed at the result today.
    In the 1950's we had a team (the famous 5) who could score for fun. Alas the defence was poor,, this type of result is actually good for us as it may get more punters through the door at ER.
    However a word of CAUTION as regards today.
    Arent Dumbarton not a p/t team ????
    Good result tho..well done Hibs !!!
    do you mean; Dumbarton are not a part time club, or do you mean ;Dumbarton are a part time club, are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I disagree that Craig was a passenger but I would say that he had a horrible first 10 minutes or so and made the odd mistake throughout.

He had a major part in some of our goals. He won the ball and started the move deep in our half for our first goal (a great team goal btw), played a lovely wee ball through to Malonga for the 2nd and also played a great ball into Stanton for his goal.

He was always involved, never hid and the game never seemed to be passing him by. I don't think he could be blamed for any of the Dumbarton goals in any way (but I'd need to see the 3rd to see if he should/could have been closing their scorer down).

Allan and Malonga were our best players today but imo Craig wasn't far behind and there's no way he should be branded a passenger today.

Handling had a quieter game but thought he also made an impact.
    ok ok, I take back all I thought about Craig. I will restrict my adverse comments on him, to blaming him for us being relegated last season.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    ok ok, I take back all I thought about Craig. I will restrict my adverse comments on him, to blaming him for us being relegated last season.
    Craig still has a helluva lot to prove to all of us.

But I think we have to be fair with our praise and criticism of him.

If we cannot acknowledge the positive contribution that he made to the game yesterday then he really needs to leave at the earliest opportunity as there is clearly no way back for him.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Having been at the game yesterday I don't think anyone had a bad game. Usual suspects like Craig and handling were ok. Handling faded but was subbed for Stanton so credit to stubbs for spotting that when he did as dumbarton were still pressing. Craig had one or two wayward passes but he had one of his better 90 minutes.

One worrying thing was how the defence failed to deal with high balls as 2/3 goals came from crosses. Very poor against Nish who set up their opener and nobody picking up the midfielder for the second. Sort that out in training this week.

I firmly believe that if we play with that tempo, passion and flair next week the I think we will take 3 or 4 off of Alloa. Scott Allan is one of the best players I've seen in a hibs shirt for years, he gets you off your seat and he came pick passes and finish well as he proved yesterday. His turn and dribble for the 3rd yesterday should be on soccer am show boat next week as it was brilliant and led to a goal.

Onwards and upwards lads. GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!

If we cannot acknowledge the positive contribution that he made to the game yesterday then he really needs to leave at the earliest opportunity as there is clearly no way back for him.
    Some Hibs supporters need a scapegoat or two it seems - even when we are hammering the opposition and playing some smashing football in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    do you mean; Dumbarton are not a part time club, or do you mean ;Dumbarton are a part time club, are they not?
    Yeah i often get tripped up by grammar....

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Anyone would think that winning 6-3 is a bad thing. Great result, and we're getting better. Yes the home draws have been frustrating, but our recent points haul with the all injuries we've had is good.

He should leave even though he is wanted by our new (and very good management team) because some eejits amongst our support are incapable of looking forward? Is that about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post

Luckily stubbs also watches the player and can see what he brings to the team.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Make whatever excuses you please - you made a statement, claimed something else and I pulled you up for it. As for the we should be beating other teams easily rubbish that is constantly spouted on here - by that token, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern etc etc should all be winning 80% their games by 4 or 5 goals given their transfer budgets. Suck it up - we scored 6 goals away from home and won. To claim it is embarrassing is simply ridiculous - if every game ended like today the stadium would be full every week.
    I agree with the point you're making, but Bayern pretty much are doing that just now – Hoffenheim were the latest to get a comprehensive spanking yesterday.

Seems to me Handling has taken over from Malonga(waste of a jersey to some people a few weeks ago)as scapegoat.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I think i should start the match thread next week, only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I think i should start the match thread next week, only fair.
    Gan yersel Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I agree with the point you're making, but Bayern pretty much are doing that just now – Hoffenheim were the latest to get a comprehensive spanking yesterday.
    Fair enough, I didn't look this weekend. I seemed to recall that they beat Dortmund 2-1 within the last couple of weeks. My point though was that ALL teams of that ilk should be winning easily going by the (flawed) logic of some on this forum.....

First Team Breakthrough MileHighBees's Avatar

Dumbarton's highlights (7 mins long):

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Fair enough, I didn't look this weekend. I seemed to recall that they beat Dortmund 2-1 within the last couple of weeks. My point though was that ALL teams of that ilk should be winning easily going by the (flawed) logic of some on this forum.....
    Just me splitting hairs because I'm a pedantic prick. Your point is completely valid.