hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the last 20 years at least, celtics best players have moved on to better things after a few years. JC, viduka, di canio, larsson, petrov, ki, wanyama, mcgeady, forster etc. It would have been good to see Broony do the same. He has achieved everything he can at celtic.

He probably has his reasons so good luck to him. I hope he gets a move somewhere but wish him the best whatever happens.
    Hes a family man, doesn't want to move from his family and freinds, it was the reason he choose to join celtic and apart from being happy there is the main reason he wants to stay, can't fault him on that really he's playing well he's club and country captain chance of CL footy every year and a good wage as well

im just surprised he's signed a four year deal that'll take him to 33......be a bit old to come back to us by then!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18Y GW View Post
    Scott has two young kids and a mrs who is very very close to her family , he plays in the CL every year , captains Scotland and earns a handsome reward for doing so ,why move ???? am I missing something... Ludicrous post .
    This what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    This what I was thinking
    Compared to some of the threads on here I don't think it's that bad

Strange that the OP should make comparisons to Riordan and O'Connor, while the Evening News today has an article on a game they played for Hibs 9 years ago against Der Hun.

If you really want to see what a wasted career is, read THIS and then consider where the two of them will be today.

I m not convinced Brown would have made it down south with one of the big guns albeit i thought he might have tried.
    He is a good player earning a good wage and playing for his country and champions league or european footie at least,must be content where he is so understand why he has stayed

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    We wonder why Scottish football is pish then scream at a great Scottish player for staying in Scotland. We need more players like broonaldo in Scotland not less.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30138564

We all know about riordan and GOC but this is equally depressing. Broony should be at the peak of his career but has decided to stay in his comfort zone playing for an ugly sister against kilmarnock, ross county and hamilton. The guy has no ambition at all. We will never know how good he could have been and neither will he.
    Agree. Instead of earning fabulous money playing the game he loves and enjoying the family he loves, he should be sitting at home spouting garbage on social media. Absolute waster.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by God Petrie View Post
    We wonder why Scottish football is pish then scream at a great Scottish player for staying in Scotland. We need more players like broonaldo in Scotland not less.
    Good point.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Agree. Instead of earning fabulous money playing the game he loves and enjoying the family he loves, he should be sitting at home spouting garbage on social media. Absolute waster.

It's got to the point where he's barely recognised on George St too. Needs to sort himself out.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Quote Originally Posted by God Petrie View Post
    What we need even more than that is quality players like Scott Brown at Scottish teams other than Celtic.

I love Brown, class player with bags of skill, and commitment I for one am glad he has signed for them and it can only be a plus for the Scottish game. If anyone thinks he is wasting his career need to think about a number of factors, not only because of family considerations,sellik have signed him long term for a load of cash, if a bid ever comes in for him its going to make sellik and broonie also loads of cash. He is Scotland and sellik captain IMHO he could walk into any team in the english premier, as for the folk saying he should go abroad? He would either have to wait for his contract to end or wait for a bid from abroad, none have happened, he has signed for security and can still leave if a decent bid does come in. Broonie is class.

No doubt he will be quite content at his current club. They win trophies and the league title every year (albeit not that its too much of a challenge) and is earning a mint at the same time. But i do think if he had stayed on a wee bit longer with hibs (even just a season or two) he would have got quite a big move down south like Steven Fletcher did.

At this stage of his life though, he's getting older and is probably settled with a family so doubt he will leave Scotland. I still like Brown I must admit, he's got the right attitude, a no-nonsense midfielder thats not afraid to get stuck in and has so much passion and fight in him. He's the sort of player you'd love on your team and hate to play against.

Come back anytime Scott !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30138564

We all know about riordan and GOC but this is equally depressing. Broony should be at the peak of his career but has decided to stay in his comfort zone playing for an ugly sister against kilmarnock, ross county and hamilton. The guy has no ambition at all. We will never know how good he could have been and neither will he.
    Ridiculous post. Scott Brown has achieved/won more in his career than any other player that has left Hibs. He's gone on to become captain of celtic and Scotland. It's a pity your loathing for celtic is overriding your appreciation for an ex-Hibby done good.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanksSaidNo View Post
    Ridiculous post. Scott Brown has achieved/won more in his career than any other player that has left Hibs. He's gone on to become captain of celtic and Scotland. It's a pity your loathing for celtic is overriding your appreciation for an ex-Hibby done good.
    Won more than anyone that has left Hibs? Both Ronnie Simpson and Des Bremner left and won European Cups! Andy Goram left and won more titles than Broonie has hitherto (6 v 4.) Kenny Miller has won exactly the same honours in Scotland as Brown. Gordon bloody Durie has more domestic medals so not sure how that one works!!

For what it's worth always feel like Scott Brown could have been playing in a top flight side in England, Germany, Italy or Spain he was that good. Getting Champions League football most years while being a big fish in a small pond doesn't hold up to saying you made the absolute most of your ability by playing against the best opponent you can week on week. Steven Fletcher is a good example of someone really going for it and maximising their ability. I think Broonie had more potential than we will see realised. Good player for us though no question about that.
    Last edited by Baader; 23-11-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Major LOL

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Couldn't care less, he's captain of the ****miest side to 'grace' the planet and a complete and utter irrelevance to me.

Some folk on here need to get their tongues out his erse and stop pining for a day when a 40-year old 'Broony' might deem us worthy of playing for.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Couldn't care less, he's captain of the ****miest side to 'grace' the planet and a complete and utter irrelevance to me.

Some folk on here need to get their tongues out his erse and stop pining for a day when a 40-year old 'Broony' might deem us worthy of playing for.
    Thanks for confirming your disinterest by posting a comment.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Thanks for confirming your disinterest by posting a comment.

I don't think he has wasted his career, but, it would've been interesting to see what happened if he moved to the EPL.

I do think Sean's point above is perfectly valid tho.

Harsh to say he has "wasted his career", but it's plain to see that he hasn't made anywhere near the most of his talents. Picking up titles at Parkhead in the backwater that is Scottish football, shows a distinct lack of ambition on his part - if he's happy with it, fair enough. Scottish footballers used to head south and further afield and compete with the world's best - he choose to stay in Glasgow and make easy money. Maybe he knew that was the best he could hope for?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

You havin a laugh? Name 1 poster who is 'pining' for a 40 year old Broony to return?