Cheryl Cole.
    The list is endless.......
    That reads more like a "to do" list?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arctic Monkeys - what a load of pish
    Again, opinions but you should give their 'Humbug' album a listen. It's probably there least successful album due to it being more genre specific but Turner's song writing here is on another level.

Regarding their newest release, 'AM', I love it but I hate how everyone's jumped on the bandwagon since its came out.

The band I think are the most overrated are 'The 1975'. It's like One Direction with guitars. Over produced *****. The lead singer is a pretentious ****er too.

Notable mentions: Bastille, Biffy Clyro, Cold Play.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Totally agree on KOL, first three albums are brilliant.

Seems like you're a big Arctic Monkeys fan, as I am, but not sure why you think they aren't getting recognition now? AM has been a massive hit in the US and they're getting bigger and bigger over there. They've always been huge in Europe, first independent band to have first five albums straight into number 1 in the UK. AM gettin almost universal critical acclaim, toured the world for pretty much 18 months solid. They are one of the biggest bands in the world today.

Alex Turner has talked of having a lengthy break now but I'm hoping its a bluff. Another Last Shadow Puppets album would be my preference if the rest of the band want a year off. Can but hope.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    Dre is an incredible Hip Hop producer. He has produced some of the biggest tunes in the genre all the way back from the early NWA days.
    He really isn't that good a producer though. Compare someone like eric b, q tip, j dilla or dj premier to him.

Yella did just as much work as Dre for the NWA as well.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its become popular to say you like these bands that nobody has heard of, when popularity without fans does not sell 300 million albums.
    TBF the Nazis had quite a lot of followers but I wouldn't say that they were very good

Being quite frank I go to a lot of gigs as it's the most likely setting to get me hooked on a band. Smaller venues tend to have people well into their music in them and as such give the artist their attention. Soon as you head into your SECC/Academy style venues it's full of ****s shouting ***** conversation to each other and filming the whole thing on their ****ing camera phones.

It's much easier to enjoy a gig if the band isn't that big.

Also, Mumford & Sons are a ***** pub band, Florence & The Machine has an outstanding voice in that I can't believe that she's not in searing, hideous, nightmarish pain at all points, The 1975 are over-rated in that some people actually call that **** music, Foo Fighters are corporate rock whores and Red Hot Chili Peppers are just catnip for ****s who wear their baseball caps back to front, hate their parents and insist on calling me "dude".
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 19-12-2014 at 08:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    TBF the Nazis had quite a lot of followers but I wouldn't say that they were very good

Being quite frank I go to a lot of gigs as it's the most likely setting to get me hooked on a band. Smaller venues tend to have people well into their music in them and as such give the artist their attention. Soon as you head into your SECC/Academy style venues it's full of ****s shouting ***** conversation to each other and filming the whole thing on their ****ing camera phones.

It's much easier to enjoy a gig if the band isn't that big.
    I saw Queen a couple of times in the very early days in the playhouse and also in Glasgow, small venues around 3000 probably.

They were the gigs that got me hooked on them, and i have seen them many times since when Mercury was alive and once with Paul Rodgers.

Their best performance in my opinion was at Wembley closely followed by Knebworth, two huge venues. If ever a band and their music worked best with a bigger crowd it was Queen, and again in my opinion Mercury's stage presence and ability to have such huge numbers in the palm of his hand marks him down as the best front man in my opinion.

Saw quite a few Wembley gigs when i lived in St Albans, and nobody came close, and of course at Live Aid they were the best band by a country mile.

At the end of the day its all about personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I saw Queen a couple of times in the very early days in the playhouse and also in Glasgow, small venues around 3000 probably.

They were the gigs that got me hooked on them, and i have seen them many times since when Mercury was alive and once with Paul Rodgers.

Their best performance in my opinion was at Wembley closely followed by Knebworth, two huge venues. If ever a band and their music worked best with a bigger crowd it was Queen, and again in my opinion Mercury's stage presence and ability to have such huge numbers in the palm of his hand marks him down as the best front man in my opinion.

Saw quite a few Wembley gigs when i lived in St Albans, and nobody came close, and of course at Live Aid they were the best band by a country mile.

At the end of the day its all about personal opinions.
    I stopped going to T in the Park after someone asked Mr where they could find a plug socket to use their hair straighteners.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I stopped going to T in the Park after someone asked Mr where they could find a plug socket to use their hair straighteners.

Blog Entries
    Rihanna, Coldplay , Nicki Minaj are all I think overrated.

I think Morrissey is the greatest singer of all time but I think Lana Del Rey is underrated, she is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    Rihanna, Coldplay , Nicki Minaj are all I think overrated.

I think Morrissey is the greatest singer of all time but I think Lana Del Rey is underrated, she is outstanding.
    I used to think the same about Coldplay until I was sent to see them at Hampden and they were ****ing joyous. Used to be a music writer and had always held them with great suspicion but that night was an absolute highlight.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Anyone who says Taylor Swift is overrated can do one
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Blog Entries
    I used to think the same about Coldplay until I was sent to see them at Hampden and they were ****ing joyous. Used to be a music writer and had always held them with great suspicion but that night was an absolute highlight.
    have you got any songs you can recommend? I've only really heard their mainstream stuff which I didn't like.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I liked a lot of Coldplays music, but they were never a band I was fussed about seeing. Went to see them at TITP in 2011 and thought they were absolutley excellent.

have you got any songs you can recommend? I've only really heard their mainstream stuff which I didn't like.

you can watch thier whole set here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKJnzKiB1-o
    Last edited by easty; 22-12-2014 at 09:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Rush of blood to the head is a fantastic album imo. A good few well known singles on it but my 2 favourite tracks from it are green eyes and warning sign. Strawberry swing on the viva la vida album is another one I like. I haven't been too keen on much of their last few albums but there's no doubt chris martin is an outstanding songwriter and they're a great live act. Victims of their own success really though in that a lot of their music has been played to death on radio and tv.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Rush of blood to the head is a fantastic album imo. A good few well known singles on it but my 2 favourite tracks from it are green eyes and warning sign. Strawberry swing on the viva la vida album is another one I like. I haven't been too keen on much of their last few albums but there's no doubt chris martin is an outstanding songwriter and they're a great live act. Victims of their own success really though in that a lot of their music has been played to death on radio and tv.
    Booooooooo!!!!!!

For me, if want to listen to that sort of stuff, Athlete and Aqualung are miles better than Coldplay.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Booooooooo!!!!!!

For me, if want to listen to that sort of stuff, Athlete and Aqualung are miles better than Coldplay.
    I've no listened to much Aqualung, but Athlete have a couple of good songs in amongst a load of *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Probably a couple of their songs that are just about listenable. The rest make me feel that if they can't be bothered why should I.

Politik, God Put A Smile On Your Face, Lovers in Japan.

3 lesser known songs of theirs that are amongst my favourites.

I don't really like more popular ones like Paradise or Trouble.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Booooooooo!!!!!!

I'm ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I've no listened to much Aqualung, but Athlete have a couple of good songs in amongst a load of *****.
    You might like them when you're my age :)

Booooooooo!!!!!!

For me Athlete are in the same category of Embrace as "Don't know if having a singer that can't carry a tune in a bucket is ambitious or just plain *****".

For me Athlete are in the same category of Embrace as "Don't know if having a singer that can't carry a tune in a bucket is ambitious or just plain *****".
    I like them both!

And I'll chuck the White Stripes into the over-rated category. Just don't get them at all.

Gamer IDs

I like them both!

And I'll chuck the White Stripes into the over-rated category. Just don't get them at all.
    I love the White Stripes, some absolutely brilliant tunes. Icky Thump is an excellent song.

I'd put the XX in the category as well. I really, really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    That reads more like a "to do" list?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I like some Rihanna songs
    You like oasis steve. Shush.