hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Just watched Icarus on Netflix about the Russain State doping, it's got the guy who came up with it involved, really good watch and makes you think the games really up the pole with international sport

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20 feet from stardom.

Superb documentary about backing singers to the stars.

Some amazing vocals.
    I saw this a while back. Superb viewing for someone like myself who grew up in that era.
    Unsung heroines (to use a kinda oxymoron).

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The Stanford Prison experiment is well worth a look. Its on youtube somewhere. Quite uncomfortable viewing though.
    powerful horrible maybe one of most exposing examples that we are animals not human

Unlawful killing. New Order Story

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    "When the FA Banned Women" was on BBC4 recently. Claire Balding (who is, in my opinion, one of the best and most intelligent of contemporary sports journalists) on the rise and fall of women's football during and immediately after the First World War. A real eye-opener on the subject of a real injustice.

I had no idea.
    Last edited by --------; 06-09-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Ive watched quite a few over the last couple days.

'among the believers'. Interviews and on site filming with extremists in islamabad. Interesting look at the situation from different perspectives with some unbelievable views.

'el fin De ETA'. Interesting look at the efforts to bring their murdering to an end.

'the wolfpack', Is bizarre story. It features a group of film obsessed kids in New York who were basicaly imprisoned by their dad. Access to leave varied from 0 - 7 times per year and was forbidden on their own.

'the truth about alcohol'. A lot of it basicaly recovered common knowledge. Its made me consider my habits though.
    Last edited by adhibs; 06-09-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Bumping this thread to see if anybody has some recommendations for documentaries. Im a sucker for good conspiracy documentaries but like anything thats a bit dark and messed up.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Good one on Netflix just now about Death Row inmates. I am killer I think it’s called

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Good one on Netflix just now about Death Row inmates. I am killer I think it’s called
    I Am A Killer

I've watched the first episode, really good.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I watched one a while ago on Netflix about the flat earth society. It’s utterly insane, but it’s entertaining watching these people trying to justify their madness.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough
    Last two I have watched are Bob Lazar, about some whistleblower from area 51, a bit repetitive but fascinating at the same time, then watched wild wild country, really enjoyed it, some guru convinces thousands of people to join his not so quite religious cult, crazy story of deception, egos and strange going ons

Last one could actually be a documentary about hearts

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Last two I have watched are Bob Lazar, about some whistleblower from area 51, a bit repetitive but fascinating at the same time, then watched wild wild country, really enjoyed it, some guru convinces thousands of people to join his not so quite religious cult, crazy story of deception, egos and strange going ons

Started watching the Bob Lazar one, looks pretty good so far.

Wild Wild Country was extremely strange, but enjoyed it.

I watched one called Cartel Land a while back which was horrific viewing, but a really good documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post

I watched the Bob Lazar one as well, I really enjoyed it even if I was a bit sceptical watching it.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I watched one a while ago on Netflix about the flat earth society. It’s utterly insane, but it’s entertaining watching these people trying to justify their madness.
    I've seen that. It's brilliant when they devise scientific experiments to prove the earth is flat. They then get evidence to the contrary and then try again as they must have got something wrong.

No, the earth just isn't flat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I've seen that. It's brilliant when they devise scientific experiments to prove the earth is flat. They then get evidence to the contrary and then try again as they must have got something wrong.

The two guys who spent tens of thousands of dollars on lasers to prove there was no curvature on the sea bed where my favourites.

Utterly deluded and determined to waste even more money to prove the results of their own experiment were wrong. Fools and their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The two guys who spent tens of thousands of dollars on lasers to prove there was no curvature on the sea bed where my favourites.

Utterly deluded and determined to waste even more money to prove the results of their own experiment were wrong. Fools and their money.
    I bet they’re still at it now.

United we stand here....

Not sure if this counts as a documentary but I’ve been watching a few of the James English podcasts on his YouTube channel.
    Perhaps not to everyone’s liking but having watched those focussing on Paul Ferris, Frank McAvennie, Andy Goram and the Luke Mitchell case I’m glad I put my initial reservations to the side.

Left by mutual consent!
    6 part series was on The truth behind the moon landings. Discussing if moon landing was faked.