hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delighted for him - great young player afforded no patience by many.

Are you kidding? We are playing the 2nd tier and he still does next to nothing in most games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    best just ignore his performances for the u20s eh....or maybe there is yet another coach that thinks he's a talented young player

If he is so talented, surely he should be ripping Scottish 2nd tier defenses apart by now? And how do you know these coaches are any good at their job? Have any of them done jobs where their abilities can be measured, ie successfully managing teams and getting results? Billy Stark got the Scotland U21 job after failing dismally with teams like St Johnstone.

We need every player to stand up and be counted and Handling has failed to do so on too many occasions now.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    If he is so talented, surely he should be ripping Scottish 2nd tier defenses apart by now? And how do you know these coaches are any good at their job? Have any of them done jobs where their abilities can be measured, ie successfully managing teams and getting results? Billy Stark got the Scotland U21 job after failing dismally with teams like St Johnstone.

We need every player to stand up and be counted and Handling has failed to do so on too many occasions now.
    Danny will become a very good Hibs player in my opinion

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Football folk know best.
    If you knew anything about football you would support Everton

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Maybe it has been a change in manager. Billy Stark is no longer.

Ricky Sbragia is now in charge
    Ah, my mistake.

@hibs.net private member
    Well done on the Scotland call up but I'm afraid I've yet to see him produce very much that proves to me he'll be anything other than a journeyman pro. He'll be 21 at the beginning of next year, how long are we supposed to wait for our 'youngsters' to mature and find their game? The golden generation were mostly all showing at least glimpses of great things to come by his age, I've seen very little to suggest he'll go onto bigger and better things.

On a side note, how can teenagers at other Scottish clubs be forcing their way and stamping their authority in the first team but we've got to wait for our kids to reach their early 20's to realise their potential? Bottom line, if their talented enough they'd be in the side, no matter their age. The fact that none of the current crop have been able to force their way into the team says it all. I'd love for Danny, Harris and Stanton to prove me wrong but I very much doubt it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    If you knew anything about football you would support Everton

Yes I know, how could I have missed their success!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    It's quite logical that no one on here would complain as it's unlikely many have seen them play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

Just as it's logical that we have seen Danny play, hence the queue saying he's not good enough.

It's also the same reason that there were no threads expressing their surprise at his exclusion from the original squad

My point exactly. How can anyone say Danny H isn't good enough for a squad when they have no idea of the quality of that squad? My main point of principle though is why do Hibs fans rush into print to criticise Hibs players who have just been honoured for their country. IMO it's bizarre!

What is wrong with a player doing the simple things well?

I'm surprised the zing king didn't get called up tbh. Well done Danny, hopefully it transfers to domestic form.

we have seen alot of positive signs this season from danny and he has had some brilliant performances. He is young and will be inconsistent some games, i say inconsistent but its more hes quiet some games than poor, he needs to be getting the ball and that also depends on the playersd around him.

People are going on about the hearts crop but outwith nicholson i dont think the others are that great, king mcghee etc are all poor and i see alot more potential and ability in our youngsters.

Agree jason cummings should 100% be in the u21s squad

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    In my opinion Handling is simply not good enough to make the grade as a top player, people talk about his youth and potential, how long does this honeymoon period last. If you're good enough you're old enough and based on what I've seen he isn't. He may well establish himself in a mediocre Hibs team and stay there but I very much doubt it. I will continue to give him my full support whenever he pulls on a Hibs shirt but as for him becoming a much better player I just don't see it. Stubbs does and he knows more than me so we'll have to wait and see.
    One of football's favourite cliches. Like most cliches, it contains an element of truth and also over simplifies things. Some footballers are great as teenagers, some don't realise their potential until later. Growing up is not an exact science.

I remember people on here saying Steven Fletcher would never amount to anything, based on his performances as an 18 year old. Lots of coaches think Handling has potential and he's on a long term contract... let's give him some encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    What is wrong with a player doing the simple things well?
    Nothing wrong with it. But at the moment we need players, particularly in the position Handling plays, to do more than just the simple things. That's the difference between winning and drawing. And draws are killing us at the moment.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Danny does the simple things well, I think the fact that he was said to he a forward has made people expect him to be a goal scorer, or do something brilliant, but I think Danny would suit the role Craig has tried to play the last few months as he is a player who will do the simple things right. However whether the fans have the patience for a simple player at the club right now I don't know, but I think he would be brilliant there.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    On the bench tonight

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Are you kidding? We are playing the 2nd tier and he still does next to nothing in most games.
    Not kidding at all - I've watched him for a good while at all levels. He's a talented player, intelligent, works well off the ball - what you mist realise is that these young players have been introduced into very poor Hibs sides, sides which have been desperately uncreative and bereft of pace and drive. The club has been low, fans have been low, results at home terrible, and our 'experienced players' woeful in lifting the side. Add into the football mix the fact we have had ridiculous amounts of loan players and Danny, Alex and Jordon all being asked to play different positions they have been coached playing.

Hibernian FC has been a quite awful environment (football wise) for young players to be introduced - Mowbray and Venus (and to be fair Williamson) had a great way of introducing players into the side, giving them confidence, surrounding them with positivity and good older heads. But they also had days up at Inverness, away to Killie, etc where Derek, GOC, Brown had mares........but the whole personality of the club back then was as is being created now by Stubbs......one of positivity and allowing individuals to express themselves. Difficult to do when players have been so so used to being lambasted, and have been relegated so early into their careers.

There has to be some leeway given to Danny and Alex - it really angers me the fact fans are not really supporting them. I know they have talent, I know they will succeed and show it - but they need all our support, positive support.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    On the bench tonight
    I only saw last 15 mins but Danny was on then, in a left forwardish mid role. Hit one great ball that should have brought a goal but was involved in our equaliser ( 1-1 ) in 92d minute! Congrats to Danny.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I only saw last 15 mins but Danny was on then, in a left forwardish mid role. Hit one great ball that should have brought a goal but was involved in our equaliser ( 1-1 ) in 92d minute! Congrats to Danny.
    Great news that we got a draw and Danny contributed to the equaliser. I couldn't get the live link to work

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Great news that we got a draw and Danny contributed to the equaliser. I couldn't get the live link to work
    I couldn't get it on my ipad but managed on my old box computer, technology huh!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Not kidding at all - I've watched him for a good while at all levels. He's a talented player, intelligent, works well off the ball - what you mist realise is that these young players have been introduced into very poor Hibs sides, sides which have been desperately uncreative and bereft of pace and drive. The club has been low, fans have been low, results at home terrible, and our 'experienced players' woeful in lifting the side. Add into the football mix the fact we have had ridiculous amounts of loan players and Danny, Alex and Jordon all being asked to play different positions they have been coached playing.

Hibernian FC has been a quite awful environment (football wise) for young players to be introduced - Mowbray and Venus (and to be fair Williamson) had a great way of introducing players into the side, giving them confidence, surrounding them with positivity and good older heads. But they also had days up at Inverness, away to Killie, etc where Derek, GOC, Brown had mares........but the whole personality of the club back then was as is being created now by Stubbs......one of positivity and allowing individuals to express themselves. Difficult to do when players have been so so used to being lambasted, and have been relegated so early into their careers.

There has to be some leeway given to Danny and Alex - it really angers me the fact fans are not really supporting them. I know they have talent, I know they will succeed and show it - but they need all our support, positive support.
    Good post, sums it up perfectly. The problem we have is our senior players not the young guys. Who exactly have we had as mentors? Paul cairney or rowan vine? Craig or robertson or maybe heff?