hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brutal

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, what has happened to Alex Harris?! Can't even be a confidence thing anymore. He's truly awful
    hes just not very good I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    We are very short of options but as we've probably spent our budget there's not too much we can do until we can move some more people on.

I hope not Andy. Yesterday should tell stubbs that our fringe players are not good enough to fill in and stubbs has to strengthen in January for the big push.

None of the youngsters did themselves any favours.
    Agree, honking today.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Craig, Heffernan, Harris = empty jerseys
    Harris, Craig and handling should be nowhere near the team.

[QUOTE=Northernhibee;4226585]The bipolar nature of our support is brutal. Still on a good unbeaten run, plenty of effort, clean sheet despite a number of properly key injuries and absences - yet we're "brutal" again. Not our best game but a good point all considering the circumstances.

We are losing or drawing matches at home we should be winning. How many home wins this season? People pay their money to see Hibs win game, right now we are getting short changed again

[QUOTE=bingo70;4226605]To think folk were moaning about the price of season tickets as well.

I cant see many half seasons being sold. Not at £205 of people's hard earned that's for sure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Kennedy bemoaning lack of game time, and then did hee haw.....Quality over quantity anyone?

Just another mouthpiece who can't do it on the park when a chance comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    First three I would agree with, I still have hope for Jason.

He's still only 19 and hasn't been playing football full time for a long period.

Scoopy, I understand that he's young and I know he was asked to play the lone striker role but he offered nothing. Basic things like following in shots that the keeper kept spilling just didn't happen. He has to do better or I'm afraid he'll be the next scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious St Pat View Post
    I've been waiting for them to have a dip in form for weeks...and I'm still waiting. The Yams will win the league whilst we Sally on in the hope of being in the top four.

Unacceptable.

The board have settled for mid table finishes for years. This season appears to be no different.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_hibee View Post
    Add Handling into that list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Only Scottie A. Hanlon and Gray are anywhere near good enough to play for this Football Club. Fast losing faith in Stubbs also. One up front ?

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Only Scottie A. Hanlon and Gray are anywhere near good enough to play for this Football Club. Fast losing faith in Stubbs also. One up front ?

What about mcgeoch malonga and farid? Also Robertson.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    This is going to be the story of our season, every under par performance against lesser sides met with greeting and crying that wouldn't be out of place at the wailing wall.
    Ffs! Calm doon eh!
    We all know where we need improved, results like this are not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    This is going to be the story of our season, every under par performance against lesser sides met with greeting and crying that wouldn't be out of place at the wailing wall.
    Ffs! Calm doon eh!
    We all know where we need improved, results like this are not the end of the world.

Results like this this will see us remain in this league for a couple of seasons. If you're happy with that then that's fine. I'm not though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    What about mcgeoch malonga and farid? Also Robertson.
    None of them played yesterday, which i was talking about but i agree with you about McGeogh. The rest are selling platers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    results like this are not the end of the world.
    Have a look at the league table, results like this are nae use whatsoever. The number of Hibbies with your attitude shows just how far we've plummeted as a club though.

One striker up front tells you all you need to know about the state of hibs and the quality of manager we have. One up front at home ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    None of them played yesterday, which i was talking about but i agree with you about McGeogh. The rest are selling platers.

To be honest the only player in that team of any real value is Scott Allan.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Scoopy, I understand that he's young and I know he was asked to play the lone striker role but he offered nothing. Basic things like following in shots that the keeper kept spilling just didn't happen. He has to do better or I'm afraid he'll be the next scapegoat.
    I can't remember clearly who had the shots that were spilled but think Jason maybe hit one or two of them.

They were far enough out that the person who hit them couldn't have been expected to get to the rebound, although I do agree someone should have been following up.

IMO he shouldn't be playing the lone striker role.

When Heffernan came on him and Jason should have been front two, I wouldn't have taken him off as he was the most likely to score, again IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Have a look at the league table, results like this are nae use whatsoever. The number of Hibbies with your attitude shows just how far we've plummeted as a club though.
    We are in a bad way on the park, especially at home. People seem happy to accept this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    One striker up front tells you all you need to know about the state of hibs and the quality of manager we have. One up front at home ffs.
    One upfront at home indicates to me that stubbs didn't go out to try and win the game. I think he wanted to win the game but his team selection and formation says otherwise.

I can't remember clearly who had the shots that were spilled but think Jason maybe hit one or two of them.

They were far enough out that the person who hit them couldn't have been expected to get to the rebound, although I do agree someone should have been following up.

When Heffernan came on him and Jason should have been front two, I wouldn't have taken him off as he was the most likely to score, again IMO.

Yes, stubbs should have went to a 442 and went for it but for some reason he seemed happy with the draw.

The lack of urgency in our game amazes me. That is a fundamental part of our game that just hasn't been put in place on a weekly basis.

There were many occasions in that first half yesterday, where the ball came in, dropped at the feet on a QoS player in his own 18yard box and we just backed off it. Why are we not up in their face, forcing a mistake, keeping them locked in?

We should be at it from the word go and killing off these sides by half time. Not floating about all over the park, backing off and thinking the chance will come. We must force the issue. That just doesn't seem to be coming through and for that I look at Stubbs.

How can we expect to be challenging with that kind of mentality. Let's not kid ourselves, that was awful yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    The lack of urgency in our game amazes me. That is a fundamental part of our game that just hasn't been put in place on a weekly basis.

There were many occasions in that first half yesterday, where the ball came in, dropped at the feet on a QoS player in his own 18yard box and we just backed off it. Why are we not up in their face, forcing a mistake, keeping them locked in?

We should be at it from the word go and killing off these sides by half time. Not floating about all over the park, backing off and thinking the chance will come. We must force the issue. That just doesn't seem to be coming through and for that I look at Stubbs.

How can we expect to be challenging with that kind of mentality. Let's not kid ourselves, that was awful yesterday.

We never pressed them at all. I don't understand why. We did against hearts and last week at cowdenbeath. It's a system that seems to work so to not do it yesterday raises the questions, do stubbs and his management team study the opposition before we play them? Do they actually know what they are doing? Do they know the best players for each position? And do they know what formation to play? Answers on a postcard please.

It was disappointing yesterday no doubt about it, but no blame can be attached to any of the back 4 IMO ... I thought Fontaine was excellent in the first half especially. As I said on another thread QOTS did try to get forward, but were ineffective because we stopped them from threatening our goal.

I have defended Harris many times, but he offered nothing yesterday and a loan spell somewhere would do him good IMO.

We have played well enough in some games to show we can make an impact in the play offs, but we must learn to break down defences because winning at home is a must in a 2 leg game. On that note, I still cant understand why folk seem so keen to see the Yams overtaken at the top of the league. I would much rather play the Zombies than the Yams in a play off.

I agree with you about Cummings. Shouldn't be up top on his own. I could be wrong but in all the games him and Malonga have played together I think at least one of them have scored.

He's got massive room for improvement but if he continues to play then he'll get 12-15 goals this year which wouldn't be a bad return. He's always a threat IMO. He was the only one that looked remotely like scoring yesterday. Harris, Handling and Kennedy gave us nothing.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    We're playing much better as a unit, we're still rebuilding including team confidence, we're missing our main strikers at the moment so scoring is a problem, the manager called it wrong with one up yesterday but overall there is a MASSIVE improvement in performamce, my attitide is lets see how this season pans out....I'm not panicking. ...yet!!!

Cummings is fine -just needs proper coaching which hopefully he'll get-and hopefully he'll be told not to sulk if it's not going his way.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Never having studied football management or tactics in any depth I don't know the technical ins and outs of different formations but I very much doubt if our manager sent out a team against QoS hoping for a draw. Things maybe did not go they the way he wanted it to but not for one second do I believe he started the game looking for a draw.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Never having studied football management or tactics in any depth I don't know the technical ins and outs of different formations but I very much doubt if our manager sent out a team against QoS hoping for a draw. Things maybe did not go they the way he wanted it to but not for one second do I believe he started the game looking for a draw.
    Although we only had one striker it was a team that had another three attacking midfield players. Harris, Kennedy and Handling didn't offer anywhere near enough support to Cummings who was left to try and do it all himself which was very unfair on him. Scott Allan was trying to make things happen but he can only do so much by himself, he played in some lovely passes out wide and through the QOS defence but we always made a mess of it. Liam Craig contributed **** all AGAIN.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Although we only had one striker it was a team that had another three attacking midfield players. Harris, Kennedy and Handling didn't offer anywhere near enough support to Cummings who was left to try and do it all himself which was very unfair on him. Scott Allan was trying to make things happen but he can only do so much by himself, he played in some lovely passes out wide and through the QOS defence but we always made a mess of it. Liam Craig contributed **** all AGAIN.
    Which is where I am coming from. Who else could we have put into the team to turn it into an effective 442?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Which is where I am coming from. Who else could we have put into the team to turn it into an effective 442?
    I would have started heff and Cummings.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I would have started heff and Cummings.
    But most on here were clearly saying Stubbs better not start Heff. It's the nature of football I'm afraid your dammed if you do and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    But most on here were clearly saying Stubbs better not start Heff. It's the nature of football I'm afraid your dammed if you do and so on.
    It was the obvious option for me. A bit experience up top to help Jason.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It was disappointing yesterday no doubt about it, but no blame can be attached to any of the back 4 IMO ... I thought Fontaine was excellent in the first half especially. As I said on another thread QOTS did try to get forward, but were ineffective because we stopped them from threatening our goal.

I have defended Harris many times, but he offered nothing yesterday and a loan spell somewhere would do him good IMO.

We have played well enough in some games to show we can make an impact in the play offs, but we must learn to break down defences because winning at home is a must in a 2 leg game. On that note, I still cant understand why folk seem so keen to see the Yams overtaken at the top of the league. I would much rather play the Zombies than the Yams in a play off.
    I thought we were brilliant defensively on Saturday and that has been lost a bit amongst the doom and gloom. We were pitiful going forward and that's why we didn't win the game.

But given that we were protecting a very young goalkeeper making his first appearance, the back 4 (especially the centre-halves) I thought did very well.

I actually also thought Liam Craig did well defensively, but didn't offer enough going forward.

It's easy to pick the bones after the event and say we should have done this or that but I'm not convinced Stubbs could have done much with what was available. We were relying for goals on players who proved last year that they could not create or score and this was the reason we were relegated. We've blamed manager after manager for this but these players are simply not good enough yet (some may question whether they ever will be.)

Our squad has improved significantly and our first team is now good. You can chuck any one of Handling/Harris/Heff/Cummings in at a time and we should still do ok. But if you're relying on a combination of them to score you goals and win games then it simply won't happen.

Stubbs has so far built a team but he's far away from having built a squad. Any team in any country would struggle if they had to do without the spine of a team, like we had to do on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I thought we were brilliant defensively on Saturday and that has been lost a bit amongst the doom and gloom. We were pitiful going forward and that's why we didn't win the game.

But given that we were protecting a very young goalkeeper making his first appearance, the back 4 (especially the centre-halves) I thought did very well.

I actually also thought Liam Craig did well defensively, but didn't offer enough going forward.

It's easy to pick the bones after the event and say we should have done this or that but I'm not convinced Stubbs could have done much with what was available. We were relying for goals on players who proved last year that they could not create or score and this was the reason we were relegated. We've blamed manager after manager for this but these players are simply not good enough yet (some may question whether they ever will be.)

Our squad has improved significantly and our first team is now good. You can chuck any one of Handling/Harris/Heff/Cummings in at a time and we should still do ok. But if you're relying on a combination of them to score you goals and win games then it simply won't happen.

Stubbs has so far built a team but he's far away from having built a squad. Any team in any country would struggle if they had to do without the spine of a team, like we had to do on Saturday.
    "Brilliant defensively" is pushing it a bit. We were under no threat whatsoever. They offered even less going forward than we did

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    "Brilliant defensively" is pushing it a bit. We were under no threat whatsoever. They offered even less going forward than we did
    I know what you mean, but I honestly thought that we made them look poor going forward, snuffing out every threat they offered early on.

Compare it to the Cowdenbeath home game where we tied ourselves in knots for a spell.

I just want to give the team credit where I think it's due. The Rangers didn't manage to keep a shut-out at home against a weaker team than we were playing.

Every cloud and all that.