hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brutal

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The bipolar nature of our support is brutal. Still on a good unbeaten run, plenty of effort, clean sheet despite a number of properly key injuries and absences - yet we're "brutal" again. Not our best game but a good point all considering the circumstances.

FFS

2. Log in to remove the advert

Feels like a step backwards after the derby performance.

The difference, the reason we won't be challenging for the league, is the mentality. We never look like a team that wants and needs to win at all costs.

Also, Stubbs selection and decision making all round today was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bipolar nature of our support is brutal. Still on a good unbeaten run, plenty of effort, clean sheet despite a number of properly key injuries and absences - yet we're "brutal" again. Not our best game but a good point all considering the circumstances.

FFS
    Agree, but you have to allow for people's frustrations. The match has just finished after all.

FFS

FFS
    I agree the reaction to this may be a bit over the top in some places. But I tell you what, until the players realise there is pressure to win every game, and stop surrendering points to teams that come here not even looking to score, the criticism will come.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

FFS
    Is this a sarcastic post?

Apologies if this is a whoosh moment but we were playing queen of the south ffs

That was a dreadful performance and result, clean sheet or not.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Its a measure of the progress we have made, that we managed to keep a clean sheet against QOS when we had a few injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its a measure of the progress we have made, that we managed to keep a clean sheet against QOS when we had a few injuries.
    To think folk were moaning about the price of season tickets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    I agree the reaction to this may be a bit over the top in some places. But I tell you what, until the players realise there is pressure to win every game, and stop surrendering points to teams that come here not even looking to score, the criticism will come.
    I've said before it takes one semi bad result to knock our support over the edge straight from optimistic to crisis.I don't blame the fans either in this league. We've set our standards a few times but can't do it consistantly. Look at how bad Falkirk are tonight. Abysmal.We must do better, we shouldn't settle for less.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    As it says on the tin. We were brutal. No cutting edge and no urgency. Badly miss Dylan and malonga. Pass marks to Scott Allan that's it.
    You had better explain to me what the defence done wrong because I can't remember QOTS creating anything.

Yet you reckon only Scott Allan deserved pass marks.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    You had better explain to me what the defence done wrong because I can't remember QOTS creating anything.

Fair point. I've been slating the performance today as we were awful imo, in fairness though the defence did all that was asked of them.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

QOTS are above us in the league and that's not by luck. They are a good solid side who deserve to be where they are. We were missing a number of key players today and we all know that as soon as that happens we have inadequate cover in every position.

Considering how well we have been playing I'm not going to let me get too pissed off about this result.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Thought Fontaine had a good game today as well as Hanlon, it was just a tad boring.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Exactly the same sort of performance as we got against Raith and the Sons. Toothless up front and devoid of creativity from midfield. Allan and Kennedy tried and Cummings was ok first half. Defence never looked troubled and keeper had nothing to do. Harris, Handling, Craig and Heff not good enough on that showing. 2 more points dropped NOT 1 gained.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    Stubbs subs today were honking.

Heffernan is truely awful, id much rather see Lewis Allan get a shot than that absolute wage thief!

Stanton for Cummings for me was really strange move, Cummings didnt have the best of second halfs but he knows were the back of the net is and was our only real goal threat.

Harris should be released, he hasnt got it anymore. Been given enough chances now,
    Difficult to disagree with any of that

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    We've been unfortunate with injuries and when we're at full strength we're a good side. So, I'm not too concerned.
    Did you not say that a year ago after the split ?

Spot on.

i dont think the defence did anything wrong but pick 4 middle aged men(or ladies!) from the crowd today and they d have gotten a clean sheet(imo)

I felt, like a few games at er this season that teams seem to come here for a draw, there are happy with that.
    It seems to me, (a bit weird prehaps?) that it's like .i guess the other team wont try to attack and i feel hibs seem to take it easy if that makes sense? i guess if we sense that the other team wont hurt us, we should NOT hurt them, Imo we should be in there for the kill.it just seems sometimes we take it nice and easy,

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    If they aren't already shouldn't these players be doing double or triple sessions? I can't remember a player improving at Hibs notably. When have we last seen a weak player become stronger? A player with a poor touch have better control? It seems to me that these players need more drive to succeed. And Kennedy needs to do less moaning about not getting a game. The boy has no end product. He'd quite happily do stepovers into No mans land.Kennedy, Harris, Craig, and Handling were completely ineffectual. I would get shot of loans in January. Only one that has looked the business is McGeouch. I would loan out Handling and Harris. Then run down Craig's contract unless can agree release.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Lack of cutting edge today - no question that was the main reason we didn't secure 3 points. Otherwise defence was sound, goalie had nothing to do and Allan was creative and busy. Thought Kennedy provided good width but lacking someone on the end of his crosses.

Only Harris and Handling could have done better

So considering we were without Oxley, Forster, Robertson, McGeough, and Malonga ( add Farid to complete the unavailable list) then let's keep things in context

Dissapointing but hardly "brutal"

Brutal sums up our so called Captain...Stubbsy please empty this imposter in January...along with Heff!!

[QUOTE=madhatter;4226628]If they aren't already shouldn't these players be doing double or triple sessions? I can't remember a player improving at Hibs notably. When have we last seen a weak player become stronger? A player with a poor touch have better control? It seems to me that these players need more drive to succeed. QUOTE]

This part of your post have borthered me for a good good while.I understand that we have had alot of managers/players but why do we never look fit- eg pacey? we seem to be in slow motion alot of the time,prehaps with the exception of a game or two.
    I think there is very little drive in our team,prehaps club too.imo
    It just seems we have this motion of just accepting things as they are.

There have been posts on here for example about heartz getting alot of *dodgy* descions and we, as fans have moaned about it. and what has happened? we have just accepted it

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Not good at all today. A few important injuries, yes, but an awful match on a freezing day. I'm just happy to get warm.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Some observations on today's match:

The Hibs defence protected the young inexperienced goalkeeper well. That said, QOS were not interested in anything other than a 0-0. Some of QOS attempts at attacking in the 2nd half in particular were simply woeful. They had no intention of coming out and playing to win. Yet some folk are saying QOS are a good team. Sorry, but I disagree with that. It makes it all the more frustrating Hibs could not muster up a single goal against them at home.

Scott Allan deserved his MOM but it looks to me that some of his team mates are just not on his wavelength. We better hope he doesn't get injured too. I thought Fontaine had a good solid game, as did Gray and Stevenson.

I've tried to defend Alex Harris in the past, but honestly what did he contribute today? Not a great deal IMO, and the team really needs much more from him now.

Paul Heffernan is just not good enough, but if he is all the manager has got what can he do other than throw in another youngster?

Four consecutive home draws means Hibs have dropped 8 points in those 4 games. Now on 19 points instead of possibly 27 and right on the Yaks tails. It's killing us, and I just cannot see Hibs clawing that back now. Of course, the Huns drop 2 points at home, and we cannot take advantage, as per usual.

I cannot recall the QOS keeper having a difficult save to make in the second half. Hibs have had no luck with injuries, and the current situation has exposed just how threadbare the Hibs squad actually is, especially in the striker department.

I thought we played ok but just didn't have anything up front. I thought Handling looked weak, he was out muscled so many times today. Heffernan is an absolute nightmare IMO, what a chance he had today right in front of goal!

Harris - too timid, too lightweight
    Hanlon - never under much real threat but did everything right and stayed solid
    Allan - sharp, direct and caused them problems
    Stevenson - worked hard as always and made some good runs but gave away the ball too easily at times
    Kennedy - thought he linked up well with Stevenson
    Cummings - didn't contribute very much IMO
    Craig - Not strong enough and i'm still struggling to see real captain material in him

FFS
    This must be a sarcastic/poor joke..

Were still sitting 4th in the first division, 16 points behind hearts..

Grim game. Qos were honking. Have to disagree with only scott Allan getting pass marks though. Back four were excellent IMO. Fontaine & Gray in particular were solid. Injuries definitely affecting us at the moment and we were murder in the final 3rd. Unfortunately our crap start has done us & a play off spot is all we can realistically aim for. If we have a fully fit team and a bit bit of momentum at the business end of the season I fancy us against anyone in this division and whoever drops down. No getting away from it though, today was a poor game of football.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Thought the Keeper and the 2 CH's were never really troubled and strolled the game , both full backs were good in defence and attack without creating too much. Craigs 1st move is always to the side or back so game is always slow through him , Handling tries hard and played OK but nothing seems to come off for him. Cummings played his heart out today but with no support he toiled. Scott Allen was excellent until the number of times he was kicked got too him and for most of the last 10 mins he was struggling. Harris needs to be taken out off first team duty for a while , another thread suggests sending him out on loan which might be an idea. Kennedy , after his speech about wanting to play well he got his chance and for me totally blew it , never once beat his man or sent cross over the bar. The subs did very little for us and didn't really change the game. Thought Stubbs got it wrong today , Cummings needed help up front and Lewis Allen should have been playing. Is Robertson injured or suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    This must be a sarcastic/poor joke..

Were still sitting 4th in the first division, 16 points behind hearts..
    but but its okay we have not lost in the league for a good while

(how is that for sarcasm?)

But in all seriousness, and i ve raised the point a few times before but the heartz manager (whoever the heck he is) has only had 2-3 weeks MORE than our manager, and he , i asusme is also a rookie abit with harry potter,(but heartz were doomed to div1 to be fair)
    But it seems heartz are miles and miles in front of us, just look at our game against them, we did 95% of the what we needed to do and bang they come away with a 1-1 which they d be happy with everytime.

Qos came for a draw and nothing else, as i have said many times it is very difficult to break down a team who does this. Rangers drew with Alloa, Germany only beat Gibralter 4-0 when years ago it would have been double figures. We could have moved the ball quicker but when you consider the players that were missing then it was not to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Qos came for a draw and nothing else, as i have said many times it is very difficult to break down a team who does this. Rangers drew with Alloa, Germany only beat Gibralter 4-0 when years ago it would have been double figures. We could have moved the ball quicker but when you consider the players that were missing then it was not to bad.
    Even more difficult when we're playing with one up front

@hibs.net private member
    Keeper and defence were untroubled although I don't think Gray and Lewis produced as much attacking-wise as usual. Craig grafted and got tackles in but his distribution is far too slow. Handling, Kennedy, Harris and Cummings were pretty ineffectual in an attacking sense. I think Handling and Kennedy put the work in though. The subs didn't do too much either. Everyone knows Allan was the stand out player today. The lad should be playing at a much higher level than what he is. I think we'll be lucky to keep him in January. He must know he's a cut above the rest of the players in this division.