hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got my ticket for this gig, great band, I have a three night stretch at the end of the month at Sneaky Petes, Bwani Junction, Withered hand and honeyblood, I've also got tickets to see Slipknot and Korn on the 18th in Glasgow.

I concur with Andy, you can check Withered Hand out on Spotify, I'm sure bother their albums are on there.
    He had a good solo accoustic gig on Tuesday there - The Lexington in London, played about an hour as part of a label evening. Pam Berry who was in Black Tambourine back in the day joined him with some vocals - she is generally part of the bigger band gigs he does too. He can kind of shamble through some stuff, fluffing intros and words, which is part of his charm but it was actually pretty polished. Just one capo in the wrong place all night.

I use Rara which is similar to spotify and he's certainly on that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Hope Of The States - whatever happened to them? 2 excellent albums then disappeared.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Hope Of The States - whatever happened to them? 2 excellent albums then disappeared.
    They split, sadly. But you're spot on, they were ace. A couple of their members went on to form a band called Troubles who produced mostly instrumental Sigur Ros/Explosions in the Sky esque music.

I'd add Laura Marling to this list, saw her on the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury in 2011 in the sun and she was the highlight of that entire festival for me. She should be headlining it one day.

Here's her new song if you haven't heard it - it's absolutely gorgeous.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    sadly no longer with us, but more people should hear Martyn Bennett

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-bennetts-grit
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    sadly no longer with us, but more people should hear Martyn Bennett

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-bennetts-grit
    I knew Martyn pretty well. He considered himself a bit of a foodie, to the extent that he wouldn't admit to me that he hadn't heard of the "helmetto" and "bellendo" cheeses that you find in the Italian mountains!

In saying that he was a good guy, a good musician and a very interesting composer.

He unfortunately left us far, far too soon.

Falling into that category is surely The Dickies. For all of you old Punks who remember them... I have just written my first 'real' blog article here on the band. They are still going and play Edinburgh in August 2016. They have continued to release albums so I never, ever associate them with that horrible word - nostalgia. Hope you can take some time to have a read: http://www.macvannan.com/#!DAWN-OF-T...araoke/c1q8z/3

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    A wee shout for a good Hibby - Withered Hand.

Mainly just one guy, Dan Wilson, but plays with a bigger band at times and collaborates with the likes of Belle & Sebastian and King Creosote.

Two albums so far Good News and New Gods, the second a bit cheerier than the first but great tunes and brilliant writing. He was brought up a Jehova's Witness and so quite a lot about questioning religion and just general doubts about life and himself.

Seen him last week in London and he is playing Sneaky Pete's at the end of the month - deserves a decent following.

Not one to play in front of kids, however!
    Heard them getting plugged on Janice Forsyth show recently when she was interviewing the guy that owned Bruce's records back in the day He clearly still has an ear for a new band as some good stuff on New Gods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk